[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason not to stock up on soylent. >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 25

File: 0101c_gallery.jpg (92KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
0101c_gallery.jpg
92KB, 1200x900px
Give me one good reason not to stock up on soylent.
>don't want to eat it on a regular basis
>i want it available as a last resort food source
>want it to avoid malnutrition
This or UN emergency rations. I'm considering using Soylent as a replacement for emergency rations
The idea is I get a little bit of this every month and then eventually if SHTF i have a basic no bullshit way to get nutrition without starving that won't ever spoil

Reasons I can see:
>get bored of the taste
// who cares it's for emergencies
>there are some things that plant and animals provide that soylent can't nutritionally, like flavinoids and polyphenols
// this can't be used IMHO as the only food source but it's a better alternative than keeping hard tack or UN rations. Literally it is better than nothing
>>
>>34824420
Buy it in bags not in tubs.

Each bag is 1 days meal . 2000 cal

Ive been living off it for 6 months.
>>
>soy
stopped reading there
>>
>>34824420
Because it's people.
>>
It might be cheaper to make your own. You could swap out the soy protein for something else if you don't trust soy.
>>
I'd rather get one of those boxes from Mountain House.
>>
Turns you into a girl and also the facilities they make it in are disgusting
>>
File: 0102a_gallery.jpg (102KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
0102a_gallery.jpg
102KB, 1200x900px
>>34824441
has it affected your health or psychology?

>>34824445
yeah is this stuff going to affect my hormones in any way?

>>34824461
>theotherotherwhitemeat.jpg
>>
It's not regulated by the FDA. Since it's a supplement, it can be made in a barebones facility. Vice aired a documentary and showed their journalist had moldy soylent.
>>
File: FightClubMeatLoaf.jpg (35KB, 597x336px) Image search: [Google]
FightClubMeatLoaf.jpg
35KB, 597x336px
>>34824420
Read up on phyto estrogens. These are plant estrogens that trigger a similar response to female hormones when introduced to the male body. Do your research, and don't end up with a lovely set of breasts your first week in the post apocalyptic world.
>>
>>34824526
Soy products are loaded with them.
>>
>>34824526
implying i wouldn't want some glorious knockers to play with while i sit in my bunker alone drinking 3x filtered pee. also i could use them as trade. "yo dude ill show you my tits for some trail mix"
>>
>>34824420
Reasons
> yucky
> weird hormone interactions
> nothing is sadder than a lone male who is literally to sad to eat and too weak to end it
>>
>>34824478
Ive lost weight. And have no joy in my life.
>>
>>34824461
Only the green kind
>>
>>34824461
>Damn you. Get your stinking paws off me You damned dirty apes!
>>
>>34825176
>have no joy in my life.
that parts normal,
>>
It tastes really bad, anon.
>>
>>34824420
>Soylent runs out
>"Oh shit, I'm fucked."

Learn to grow produce and hunt and trap game.
>>
>>34824420
doesnt soylent go bad after like 6months or something? iirc the shelf life isnt that long because of the oils added to it or something.
>>
>>34824420
i makes gay. Look at cosmo
>>
File: SoylentGreen_156Pyxurz.jpg (113KB, 1600x846px) Image search: [Google]
SoylentGreen_156Pyxurz.jpg
113KB, 1600x846px
>>34824461
>>
>>34826235
I'm pretty sure new formulations don't even have oil in it, and when they did, the oil was packaged separately.
>>
>>34826186
>beaner_girl.jpg
Somehow it's possible to both buy shit and do other things at the same time
>>
Nigga this thread aint about killy sticks
>>
>>34828058
Are you a janitor? Then quit slapping your dick skinners against your letter board.
>>
>>34825176
shit sign me up
>>
>>34824420
Any reliable reports on shelf life? It's got fat content looking at the label. I'd think that non soy based protein powder would be better in most every way. Too many carbs in soylent, ketogenic state isn't a meme.
>>
Foods like rice are cheaper for the amount. Rice + multivitamins + canned food.

>get bored of the taste
I lived on oatmeal and shakes for a while. You NEED a variety of flavors. You can get dried versions and extracts for every flavor and food under the sun. Savor too, not just sweet.

>all these retard soy/estrogen posts
Just mix your own shit with a whey protein. Magic, I know.
>>
>>34824501
I've been kinda following it since they started years ago with their kickstarter, but this is why I haven't tried it. If it's not FDA regulated (and come on, FDA regulations are like the piss poor bare minimum) then that shit belongs in the trash.
>>
I think there needs to be a formulation that includes the oil separately and uses whey protein instead of soy.
>>
realistically, it might buy you time. Time to get a fucking garden growing.

Now the problem: if it's your first time, your garden will suck because you know shit about it and have no actual experience. So you starve a season later. If you're serious about prepping start growing a damn garden now.

If you're more concerned with food shortages, a la WWII in most of the world. Then it might be a good way to surreptitiously add a few hundred calories a day. That would be a very good application. But that does assume an adequate shelf life and nutritional value. I don't think there has been the kind of human subjects testing for me to put that kind of stock in it.

I was intrigued by this until I realized that everybody who was into it was waiting in line to suck Elon Musk's cock and for further orders about what to be excited about from on high. I'm not brain dead enough to be a member of that group.
>>
>>34829086
you can make your own. All the recipes are published open source. Pick one, order ingredients, mix
https://www.completefoods.co/diy/recipes
>>
>>34824420
In an emergency, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to taste.
If it's a good way to stock up on actual nutrition to get you by a few months, that's fine.
That being said, please show me some nutrition facts on it.
>>
>>34829159
>realistically, it might buy you time. Time to get a fucking garden growing.

I have a garden. A farmer is subject to lots of factors, not just their own personal skills. Yields might be low do to yield or a blight can come on. The idea of emergency rations is like if for some reason all my other food sources are down, i have some back up.
Canning is an option but I would like something that is a well balanced nutritional source.
>>
Tastes terrible, you miss meat, and if you dont exercise your jaw (chewing gum) you find it difficult to eat regular food after using it only after a month or so of using it.

Other Than that though I Don't see a problem with it
>>
>>34824420
>not just stocking up on chicken feed and chickens/hens
>>
women that have or have had breast cancer are told to never consume anything containing soy. which even includes burning soy candles..
>>
>>34824526
>not wanting to be a futa
ishygddt
>>
>>34830333
It's not futa if you don't have both the dick and pussy. Eating soy won't give you a pussy.
>>
>>34824420
Cricket Flour my man
>>
>>34824420
The expiration date is too soon to be useful in a shtf scenario.
>>
>>34824420
Full of cuck hormones that make you all gay, gives you sensitive nips, more breast tissue, lowers sperm count.

Don't do it bro.
>>
>>34830518
yeah, even the powdered versions without the oil last less than a year. Although I'd argue its good for the short term to hold you over until you have a farm up and running and your chickens start reproducing.
>>
>>34824478
>has it affected your health or psychology?

you need something to chew on or you will lose some muscles in your jaw (seriously)
>>
>>34830294
don't forget rabbits.

Wonderful conversion ratios on those little fuckers. And lovely warm fur as well.
>>
>>34830040
That puts you ahead of most internet preppers. I'm not opposed to the idea but without a shelf life that at least matches canned goods, I'd say you'd be better off stocking canned goods.
>>
>>34830607
Timothy hay gets expensive quickly. If you can grow it, it wouldn't be too bad, though.
>>
File: 1449195578765.jpg (45KB, 578x688px) Image search: [Google]
1449195578765.jpg
45KB, 578x688px
>>34824477
>>34824478
>yeah is this stuff going to affect my hormones in any way?

No. There have been studies on the effect of plant estrogen on the human body. For it to have any measurable hormonal effect on your body you'd have to eat more than 5kg of soy every day for months. For medical questions please don't ask /k/, ask a doctor or even better, type your question into google and search for scientific publications that go into detail as to how and why results were obtained.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1480510/

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/02/12/straight-talk-about-soy/
>>
>>34832325
Xenoestrogens aren't present in only soy. Many plastics do, for instance. Anything prepackaged, including the polymer on the inside of cans... even the plastic that your receipts are printed on expose you to them.
>>
File: cruciferous.jpg (805KB, 2584x1623px) Image search: [Google]
cruciferous.jpg
805KB, 2584x1623px
>>34832457 (cont.)
If you want to counter these effects, eat grass fed red meat raised without hormones and lots of cruciferous vegetables.

Beef and broccoli.
>>
>>34824526
LOL
They're plant estrogens, not real estrogens.
I bet you eat meat and dairy, right?
Can imbeciles not speak about things they don't know about?
>>
>>34824420
Or buy a freeze dryer and vacuum sealing packing for 3200 and then have whatever long term food you want.
>>
>>34824420
If you actually think there'll be an emergency in an expectable timeframe that will cut off your ready access to food, OP, then yes, this would be smart and the thing to do.
>>
why do people buy soylent instead of meal replacement whey?
>$5 per serving
>soy protein powder
>milk
>added carbs

or
>less than 50 cents per serving
>whey
>corn fiber
>green tea extract
>>
>>34824420
I still can't believe that not only did someone call their product Soylent, but people actually buy it.
>>
>>34824420
>yes goy eat this soy powder that will turn you into an even bigger low test cuck
>>
>>34833050
Meat and dairy and plastics give you low t, not soy you dumb fuck.
>>
>>34833303
>t. Vegan gains
>>
File: file.png (71KB, 885x593px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
71KB, 885x593px
>>34832993
nigga what, it's like $1.50 per serving for the premixed. The DIY blends are even cheaper. Yes, it is the same thing with more vitamins. Regular protein shakes are a 1 or 2 a day thing, meant to be eaten with normal food. The guy who made soylent had a blog, looks like its nuked now, but he was living on soylent for months with only a couple normal meals a month, so he found any deficiencies already. I remember when he posted about magnesium deficiency and updated the formula. That was at least 3 years ago so everything is ironed out.

Anyway pic related, some DIY blend made from oatz + whey protein + vitamins and whatever. $1.54 per day, 50 cents per serving. Complete nutrition. You just order the crap, measure, mix.
>>
So many fucking soylent shills on 4chan now

This shit is literally whey concentrate, maltodextrin, and a multivitamin mixed together, at 10x the price
>>
>>34824420
Did you forget what happened with Cosmo?
Dont play with your hormones kids.
>>
>>34833352
Its not the nutritional value but the fitoestrogenos that thing contains,part of it is not processed correctly by the human body and fucks up your hormonal balance.
If you want tits go ahead and use it.
>>
>>34824420
I'm using soylent now to get my weight back under control after a sports injury.

It's nice enough, but I would be fucking stressed, pissed, depressed, anxious, whatever, enough in an actual SHTF emergency that I would not want to have to deal with the mental discipline of drinking what tastes like thin pancake batter for every meal. I'd want whatever small fucking joy actual food can give me. Because, fuck, man. The end of society isn't bad enough for you?
>>
>>34833453
Karl is that you?
>>
>>34832325
Cosmo says hello.
>>
>>34833367
Story time?
>>
>>34833460
Yes. I am "Karl" now.
>>
>>34832457

That's a broad category and a reason to only use biologically inert plastics, such as PP.

>>34832469

If you want to counter these effects, you avoid animal products as a whole, since meats fuck up your hormones as well.

>>34833303

This.
>>
>>34834073
Meat, cruciferous vegetables and exercise increase testosterone production.
>>
>>34834170

Go back to researching your facts, your primitive notions of masculinity and consumption of corpses is obsolete.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

Also let Vegan gain drown you in research papers to hammer this point home.
>>
>>34834242
I would literally die if I couldn't eat animal proteins. That's not a misuse of the word "literally", either.
>>
>>34824420
Its people
>>
>>34834270

You would literally not. In fact you are literally dying because of it right now. It's a wonder you didn't die yet of your own stupidity though.
>>
>>34834311
You don't know my name, let alone my medical history. One size does not fit all.
>>
>>34830375
pshh prove it bitch
>>
File: 200g Almonds.jpg (53KB, 367x372px) Image search: [Google]
200g Almonds.jpg
53KB, 367x372px
>>34834338

Your medical history is probably shit due to practicing such abhorrent nutritional habits. Every essential amino acid is contained in plant foods, a fuckton of grains, legumes, nuts and vegetables has all the protein you need readily available.

In fact, snacking a bag of almonds results in pic related. If you fail to meet your protein intake with a plant diet you have absolutely shit meals and no idea of nutrition. There is a plethora of processed and raw plant foods you already consume that are rich in proteins, you simply don't know about them because you're an idiot.
>>
>>34834408
I don't produce the enzymes that break down most of those. In fact, if I didn't eat large amounts of meat I'd have died from pernicious anemia. If you can't accept that not everyone has the same dietary requirements or can have said requirements met in the same way, then kindly DIAF.
>>
>>34834445

B12 deficiency of that kind is a direct result of meat consumption. You literally fucked your metabolism and now suffer the consequences.
>>
>>34834270
No you wouldn't and increase meat consumption and factory farming is why t levels are so low. They pump the animals full of anti biotics, estrogen, and feed contaminated xenoestrogen water.
>>
>>34824420
Direct quote from the wikipedia page.
"Soylent looks as appetizing as it sounds. The combination of its off-white color, opacity and viscosity made it look – sorry to be gross here – like watered-down semen."
Enjoy your jizz.
>>
>>34834408
Problem with nuts is the high fat content. Other plant protein sources are also expensive. See the faux meat. I
>>
>>34834472
Anti parietal cell antibodies are not the result of meat consumption. This is the 3rd time you incorrectly assume something about my health. Fuck off.
>>
>>34834500

Bullshit. The fat of plant foods is not the same shit you sling down with burgers, so if you're not a complete couch potato (ha!) you'll burn that shit off and it will protect your cells. Excuses over excuses here.

Plant protein sources are among the cheapest there is. Rice and beans/lentils i.e. gives you all essential amino acids. In fact, if you buy in bulk (20kg bags rice and 5kg bags lentils) you can cook 1000g meal for less than $1,50. Cheap as fuck proteins.

Who needs faux meats? You are bound by your habits and incapable of understanding nutrition.

>>34834514

No you fuck off. If you are so sick just die already, survival of the fittest, natural selection, only the strong survive, keep the gene pool clean. Fuck off.
>>
>>34834492
True
/thread
>>
>>34834472
maybe you're the one that need to check his brain, i've eat multiple type of meal everyday and meat is always on the menu, well gues what

jack shit is happening, i'm the same as always, now unless oyu have to understand that this type of food might not suit you, it does suit certain people, like some people can't jsut fucking drive cars and prefer motorbikes
>>
>>34834532
>ONE SIZE FITS ALL!
>No.
>IF IT DOESN'T FIT YOU THEN JUST DIE ALREADY!

Way to take the moral high ground, dickwad.
>>
>>34834545

Bullshit. Anecdotal evidence. By your logic, smoking is healthy, because one dude who smoked for 5 years hasn't gotten sick yet. Supreme logic at work here! Fuck off.
>>
>>34834532
>meat can only be found in burgers
hum, no ?

>already resorting to memes to make his points after the second post
ladies and gentlemens, i present you vegans
>>
>>34834558

The moral high ground is staked off by the fact that animal products require a dangerously orchestrated holocaust of billions of animals, which is in itself immoral and unnatural, leads to severe poisoning of the ground water, is a breeding ground for diseases with factories being closed off due to biological hazards and combined with the extreme use of antibiotics is a ticking time bomb just waiting to spread multi-resistant germs.

Plus it's bad for you, no matter how ignorant you remain about health and nutrition.

>>34834573

It's called an example, nigger.
>>
>>34834563
>eating meat is the same as putting smoke in your lungs
ok mister vegan, it's time to stop posting and going back to where you come from, you're getting to crazy now
>>
File: 1451404574138.jpg (13KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
1451404574138.jpg
13KB, 307x352px
How did /k/ go from drinking scotch and eat I g steak while smoking cigars and shooting guns, to this.
>vegan diet, food replacements, minimal work for less profit, and man boobs to trade for food.

What the everloving fuck, /k/?
>Eat red meat
>Rabbits, foxes, chickens, deer, etc
>Supplement with greens harvested, grown, or gathered.
>drink vodka made from your own potatoes
>accent to taste with Cosmoline from glorious spam can of motherland.

Fucking shitburgularing butt snorkeler, /k/! Get your goddamn head out of your ass!
>>
>>34834607
you can thanks nu-males and redd*t for that my friend
>>
>>34834591
Which must be why back in this post >>34832469 that I specified grass fed meat raised without hormones. It's almost as if not all meat eaters like the industry and go out of their way to acquire the least-cruel meat or harvest the meat themselves or something.
>>
File: 1502475792835.jpg (20KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1502475792835.jpg
20KB, 720x540px
>>34834242
>hormone injected meat
Lmao, post the retarded study that says if you each charcoal meat it might increase your chances of cancer and post your trap like bod too
>>
>>34834591
>every meat you can found is only about animals slaughtered in buildings
what about meat from an animal you hunt only once a year or what about meat you eat from animals you rise yourself/buy from a farmer ?
dude you are nothing but full of shit, if you can't support meat or if you're just mad that people can eat meat without having their wife yelling at them because "muh animuls muh feelings" then you should jsut shut up and let us be
>>
File: 1440137870137.png (2MB, 1604x996px) Image search: [Google]
1440137870137.png
2MB, 1604x996px
>>34834615
Buttflustered and flabbergasted, I am.
Angry at society and counter-culture as a whole.

Goddamnit /k/, be fucking Men. Handle your shit, provide for those you care for, and take care of fucking business.
Don't make me tell you twice, fuckknuckle.
>Drink beer/whiskey, cook steaks that you hunted and skinned yourself, and fuck women you found in nu-males bunkers after the male died from fucking eating people.
>pic related
>>
File: 1469693470072.jpg (344KB, 796x4075px) Image search: [Google]
1469693470072.jpg
344KB, 796x4075px
>>34834654
Fuck it. Inforgraphocs to help you /k/ids to learn how to make it on your own.
>>
File: Cheap Nutrition.jpg (156KB, 748x570px) Image search: [Google]
Cheap Nutrition.jpg
156KB, 748x570px
>>34834598

Meat is literally in the same category of carcinogenic habits such as smoking.

>>34834627
>>34834637
>>34834639

Learn to nutrition. Meat does not simply "get tainted" by "muh steroids" or "muh antibiotics". It is in and of itself a carcinogenic, hormone disrupting foodstuff that will kill you. Sadly not fast enough.
>>
>>34834639
He's whining about the animals while telling a person that they should die because they are an obligate carnivore.
>>
File: 1440136071427.gif (411KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1440136071427.gif
411KB, 768x1024px
>>34834666
If I can find a decently sized pic.
Fuck it, learn how to search by image, ya cunts.
>>
>>34834670
>Lentils
Can't eat them. Any rice I eat also has to be white.
>>
File: 1440137188736.jpg (796KB, 620x3625px) Image search: [Google]
1440137188736.jpg
796KB, 620x3625px
>>34834685
Also >>34834670
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1440136928884.jpg (308KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
1440136928884.jpg
308KB, 800x753px
>>34834702
To >>34834699
And whoever else it may concern.

When SHTF, figure it the fuck out.
>>
>>34834672

Man has a mind capable of advanced reasoning and is responsible for his own actions. Animals lack that feature and go based off instinct.

EITHER you developed from the animal to a human being, possessing higher cognitive skills OR you are an animal and don't. You can't argue both ways.

>>34834699

Then die already. You are literally unfit to survive.

>>34834702

Fuck yourself and learn2nutrition before you make posts on a topic.
>>
File: 1440138141445.jpg (248KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1440138141445.jpg
248KB, 1600x1280px
>>34834712
Last one for now
>ahhh motherland.
>>
>>34834712
If SHTF, I'm fucked regardless. No more meds.
>>
>>34834670
>Meat is literally in the same category of carcinogenic habits such as smoking.
such as car, motorbikes, chips packaging, your sofa, your neighbour BBQ, the road you are walking next to, the city i suppose you live in, the nuclear central making electricity so you can shitpost online, the antenna relay for your phone and even the lead you are using in your bullets for your guns !

hey wait a second, actually everything you do and where ever yo go in life make everything carcinogenic, i guess you have to kill yourself then, oh btw your computer and your Iphone can give you cancer too, have a nice day !
>>
>>34834670
How's Jobs doing :)
>>
>>34832325
I'm glad it's not soy. So what DO the studies say is causing our dangeously low testosterone and sperm levels?

What's that, they don't know? So I shouldn't listen to them anyway? Gotcha, bub.
>>
File: Your post smells awful.png (211KB, 467x450px) Image search: [Google]
Your post smells awful.png
211KB, 467x450px
>>34834718
>Human exceptionalism
>Eugenics
>>
File: 1487244615179.jpg (64KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
1487244615179.jpg
64KB, 382x597px
>>34834718
Fuck you, i know nutrition, what works for fucking combat, and what I require to sustain a high operational tempo.
Fuck off back to whichever hellhole you call home, or studio apartment you rent on the middle of a city. Your cheating whore of a girl (man) wants to penetrate your little man ass again. Go home where you think you're loved, and fill your poormans belly with your fucking soy and meal replacements.

I'll pick up your corpses when I patrol through what's left of your fucking hovel of a home.
>>
>>34834731

>you are right and it's even worse

Wow, that a counter argument! But thanks for realizing that many modern habits are dangers to your health. Duly noted.

>>34834756

Read them, nigger. If you want someone to spoon feed you the info, go for Vegan gains.

>>34834761

I'm just arguing the way every meat eater is. Your own medicine tastes bad, doesn't it? :^)
>>
>>34834718
Post pics of your sick vegan gains.
>>
>>34834712
>SHTF
>he thinks he can be vegan still
>>
>>34834778
Have you considered that maybe people telling you to kill yourself isn't because of veganism but your rabid insistence to force your beliefs onto others regardless of how viable it is for them to do so? Have you considered that meat eaters can fully believe that others animals, including the ones we eat, are sentient?
You remind me of this lady who couldn't understand that feeding her cat nothing but meat substitute was animal cruelty as it slowly went blind from lack of taurine.
>>
>>34834778
>Wow, that a counter argument! But thanks for realizing that many modern habits are dangers to your health. Duly noted.

well then hang yourself my dude :^) or go live amoung the african who have nothing but mud to live in

ah wait, you won't do that, what's the point of telling people "i'm fit to survive" when you can't even think for a second about dropping modernism and going back to medieval age, you are worth nothing and even an hypocrite has better moral than you, now go away hippie
>>
>>34834794
Nope, this is to supplement a healthy diet of meats, berries, and ammo.
>>
>>34824420
>that won't ever spoil

Didn't they have to issue a recall because that's exactly what was happening to unopened packs?
>>
>>34834768

Hahaha, you'll have died of cancer, heart diseases and inflammation before you even get anywhere. Nice try at deflecting from the fact you don't know shit about nutrition and work based on myths and bad habits from bodybuilders whose only goal it is to bulk up as much as possible with little to no regard to health or performance.

>>34834783

It's a Youtube channel.

>>34834798

You are the one forcing your beliefs on the billions of beings suffering and dying from it. If I insist that slavery must be abolished because it infringes on the rights of the slaves (formerly known as "niggers" which were seen as equals of animals, too), then it is not me forcing my views on the slave holders. But then again, you are incapable of solid reasoning, else you'd not practice this habit.

Cats actually are carnivores and this problem can occur, yes. That's why I don't advocate feeding cats with that kind of diet.

>>34834805

I'm far from hanging myself, my dear dude :^) In fact I enjoy perfect health and will do so for a long time to come, seeing you and your horrible diets at work, slowly bringing one after the other to the grave.

>implying you know about my living standards and lifestyle

Kek.
>>
>>34834844
No. There were 2 separate recalls, 1 because lactose got in, another because food bars were unstable. Both got fixed and neither affected the powder.
>>
>>34834874
I'm not talking about youtube channel, I'm talking about you.

Post your gains, faggot.
>>
>>34834874
Animals eating other animals is natural. Humans are animals and I, among many others, physically REQUIRE animal proteins to survive. Who are you to dictate which animals can ethically consume meat or not?
I have not once argued in favour of inhumane industry practices and your insistence that I do is intellectually dishonest.
>>
>>34834874
>implying you know about my living standards and lifestyle
you have the same mindset has the typical nu-males living in city and do the most trendy things so he can be accepted by his "friends", you also never try to be open to everyone opinions and prefer to reject other ideals that conflict with what you have learned, and to finish you haven't proved yet you are "fit" for survival, do i also need to point out that you try your best to talk about an other subject and if you can't you jsut decide to tell people to kill themselves or telling them you a "far superior" than them ?
>>
>>34834919

>Who are you to dictate which animals can ethically consume meat or not?

I am a person with a coherent understanding of non-violence, such as required for civilization. You have no right to rape, murder or harm other beings in any way. The act of such does not change with the victim being either man or animal.

>I have not once argued in favour of inhumane industry practices and your insistence that I do is intellectually dishonest.

Apologetics, dismissed.

>you have the same mindset has the typical nu-males living in city and do the most trendy things so he can be accepted by his "friends"

Speculation on your part, dismissed.

>you also never try to be open to everyone opinions and prefer to reject other ideals that conflict with what you have learned

AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEN? Seriously, the moment someone mentions a plant only diet you people go full off the rails, super triggered about your "masculinity" and draw on literally EVERY straw available to justify your immoral and unhealthy practice of eating animal products.

>and to finish you haven't proved yet you are "fit" for survival
>do i also need to point out that you try your best to talk about an other subject and if you can't you jsut decide to tell people to kill themselves or telling them you a "far superior" than them ?

I said I am healthy and it's a fact that my nutrition and lifestyle don't require mass murder that has severe consequences for man, animal and the environment.

Plus, I don't have to prove shit to you, you don't pay me for my time here, every information I provided so far a) should already be known to you before you enter a discussion like this and b) is enough for you to research it yourself, implying that you have an honest interest in the subject.

And now excuse me, I got shit to do.
>>
File: 1501810205131.png (480KB, 726x782px) Image search: [Google]
1501810205131.png
480KB, 726x782px
>>34835012
>i dont have to prove shit to you
>spent hours trying to prove shit to me
>>
>>34824420
You will get cancer and die. GMOs and pesticides are not a meme. Soy is not food.
>>
>>34835012
You're talking to at least two different people.
So according to you there's no ethical way to eat meat whatsoever, but then you're fine with cats eating meat and then tell someone who needs to eat meat to survive because of their health that they should die? You're a mass of contradictions.
>>
>>34834778
Are you under the impression that we know the causes to these issues? Because we don't, no amount of "googling my own info" will tell me.
>>
>>34834874
Be this annoying to my face, I guarantee you won't be enjoying perfect health for very much longer.

I'm not a guy you were arguing with, either, you just piss me off.
>>
>>34835012
>has severe consequences for man, animal and the environment
Like the consequence of existing? If you could ask the disembodied spirit of a chicken before birth if it wanted to be braindead retarded on a shitty farm, or just never be born at all what would it say?

Do you have the right to make that decision for trillions of unborn chickens and cows?

Being a vegan, I'm sure you're pro-abortion too, though, so you've wrestled with this ethical conundrum before.
>>
What happened to this thread? We're talking about e powdered protiens plus vitamins vs stockpiling rice for the apocalypse, not your hippie/cancer/ethics shit. Fuck off
>>
>>34833563
~Karl
>>
>>34829159

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTcXhYHmOx8&list=PLGnWLXjIDnpBqCE1MHMTG2fMzvHR9i-Zj&index=3
>>
>>34835012
>I am a person with a coherent understanding of non-violence, such as required for civilization

The whole reason civilization exists is because the application of violence is an inevitable necessity. Societies exist to monopolize violence, use violence to protect and further societal goals, and regulate violence amongst an ingroup.

There is no such thing as "non-violence". In reality the lack of the use of force is predicated on either fight/flight/submit/posture, mutualism in a societal context - ie mutual goals can be achieved with cooperation, diplomacy.
Either way, reddit fag, violence is a natural state of man
>>
>>34836353
>immoral

Subjective judgement on your part, discarded.

>You have no right to rape, murder or harm other beings in any way. The act of such does not change with the victim being either man or animal.

The rape/murder part is pretty universal. Pompous redundancy on your part. The harm part, coupled with your additional absolute conditions precludes everything from legit self defense to swatting a mosquito. Thus, it can all be safely discarded as strident opinion dressed in the trappings of morality.

>you people go full off the rails,

Assumption, coupled with rampant bigotry.

>immoral

Highly subjective opinion, proven to be a tiny minority when compared to global mainstream dietary practices.

>a fact that my nutrition and lifestyle don't require mass murder that has severe consequences for man, animal and the environment.

An opinion, not a fact. You also need to study the definition of murder before you misuse the term any more. There is also a significant body of science showing that the vegan lifestyle is unsustainable for large populations, due to acreage constraints.

>a) should already be known to you before you enter a discussion like this

Wrong. This board isn't an echo chamber. We actually do engage in discussion, argument, and debate. Telling another anon what their opinion should be is a weak tactic, usually only seen from neo-nazi trolls.

>b) is enough for you to research it yourself

Wrong again. You make a claim, you support the claim with citations and links to credible sources. Telling the other anon to research your claims for you is prima facie admission that your position is unsupportable.

>And now excuse me, I got shit to do.

Translates to; I'm thoroughly BTFO so I'm going to rage quit.
>>
>>34824420
Make pemmican.
>>
>>34834488
Jokes on you, I butcher my own cattle, whom eat the grass & grains from my own land, and drink from the local spring water that comes from the foothills.

t. Farmer in western Alberta.
>>
>>34837807
>There is also a significant body of science showing that the vegan lifestyle is unsustainable for large populations, due to acreage constraints.

Except that the feed for the animals requires several times more land than it would to feed the people directly. This reason is either misinformation or a lie.
>>
>>34837749
He was saying that he's a totally submissive girly boy, only he's dressing it up to make it sound like a reasoned principle that somebody could be proud of.

He's a sad, confused little piece of wet lettuce who stumbled into this board by accident. He'll be gone soon enough.
>>
>>34837847
Actually, it has to do with cultivating the plants that provide one of the key amino acids, iirc. It doesn't scale well, being relatively finicky and blight-prone in a monoculture setting.

You've obviously never done a straight-up comparision of the amount of acreage needed to provide a vegan diet for 1 human vs the size of a homestead, including meat production, required to feed that same human. Quit spewing the Kool-Ade, do your own research.
>>
>>34837916

It takes significantly less land to grow the plants to feed one human than one animal over a period of time that then yields X lbs of meat when slaughtered. You should research your statements. And as it was mentioned above already, plants do provide all essential amino acids.
>>
>>34824461
haw haw haw
>>
>>34826418
>>34833367
>>34833473
Who the fuck is cosmo?
>>
>>34835012
Animals are property, one may do with them as we wish. Negroes aren't quite human, either.

Our overuse of meat is out of hand. The biological problem of the antibiotics abuse is one that needs solving.
>>
>>34832469
>Don't eat soy because of xenoestrogen
>Eat red meat that has mamillian estrogen that your body actually treats as estrogen instead
The fact that burgers don't make you grow tits should be enough proof that food based estrogen isn't something that will affect people.
>>
>>34837807
Reply to the wrong post, there, jimmy?
>>
>>34833473
technically, this indicates that its purely cosmo thats fucking crazy, and soylent has done nothing to him
>>
>>34824420
>won't ever spoil

That's where you're wrong, hombre. That shit goes bad in less than a year, and often arrives moldy to begin with.
Additionally, a lot of people report loss of muscle mass while taking it. Lacks protien.
>>
>>34824501
They also showed rats crawling around the manufacturing plant.
In the creator's credit, his response to the journalist was something to the effect of "go ahead and publish rat videos, transparency is important to me."
>>
>not stockpiling http://superbodyfuel.com/shop/athlete-fuel/
Do you event want big SHTF gainz?
>>
>>34839059
Yes though its funny how everything went haywire after months of constant soylent usage instead of proper food.
The shift was so big from normal person to mood swings due to hormonal changes eventually getting him to what he is today.
>>
>>34824420

It's a shit version of what it wants to be.

Cheapest ingredients? Check.
Lack of actual nutrients so you end up eating OTHER things anyway? Check.
Expensive as fuck for what it is? Check.

If you MUST use that shit, go with Huel. There's no soy in it and it's made with good quality ingredients while protein coming primarily from peas, which is a safe protein source and often used in vegan foods.

That said, it's still not going to keep long enough to be 'safe'.

If you want a retard safe food supply then go buy glass jar peanut butter, whole grain rice (white is fucking terrible as survival food except for long term storage) and multi-vitamins. Peanut butter and rice form all the proteins, calories and fibre you need and a decent multi-vitamin will supply you with enough essential vitamins you won't die from malnourishment in the case of a bad harvest/hunt.

But remember that you don't want to survive on those foods. You want them for when shit gets ROUGH. It's why you should really only stop supplemental foods and work on supplying your own via a sustenance based garden.

Don't plan to survive off your supplies. Plan to survive off your acquisitions and use the supplies when shit gets bad.
>>
>>34839109
there was an underlying issue or problem, or something happened near that area. there are probably shitloads of people who take soylent and are functioning fine or lawsuits would be taking it off the market. but hey, maybe those are pending?
>>
The amount of stupid in this thread made me bang my head against a brick wall. And i want to do that again
>>
>>34839118
id vaguely disagree. i started a thread which feels years ago about tactical gardening, and it was interesting.got a bug out plan, a direction you know youll go? walk it someday and drop some seeds of anything that might be useful. your hidey hole? plant a fuckload of noxious awful plants around it that anyone just crawling around wants to ignore. thorny bushes, awful smelling shit. not to mention bartering shit. if its the END of the world, might as well grow poppy and weed for medicinal purposes, and all the makings you need to make good beer and whatnot. keep them seeds and a supply of anything youd be vaguely interested in eating, seeds are cheap, throw them away and get a new batch every year or when they expire.

if it REALLY happens, youll be the one looking at a field of apples, oranges, carrots, corn, cucumbers potatoes and radishes, all fresh thinking yeah baby while everyone else eats beans from a fucking can
>>
>>34839140
Buy soylent goy
>>
>>34839142
>seeds are cheap

Depends where you buy, seeds can be expensive if you go for quality and diversity.

>if it REALLY happens, youll be the one looking at a field of apples, oranges, carrots, corn, cucumbers potatoes and radishes, all fresh thinking yeah baby while everyone else eats beans from a fucking can

Plants don't simply grow. Place, time, weather effects, ground, light, plants and animals, etc. all have a very potent influence on them. In fact you can sow a ton of stuff and nothing comes of it.
>>
>>34834408
lol, enjoy your horrific B12 deficiency.
>>
File: yeah no.jpg (58KB, 343x382px) Image search: [Google]
yeah no.jpg
58KB, 343x382px
>>34839155

B12 is stored over long periods of time in the muscles and very easy to supplement in case your plants don't come from the garden, you don't drink any beer, eat any fermented foods or algae that contain B12.
>>
>>34839154
true and true, but its worth learning each. you get the first batch of plants going, youve got your next set of seeds, and if you can learn to grow plants succesfully and maintain then, then your years supply of mre`s or rations and shit will just be "the awful i shit i survive on before living on home grown organic shit for the next 40 years"

everyones shit hits the fan plans rely on short term survival and then basically...looting. and that looting ends up being canned shit that isnt something you want to sustain yourself for for a life time. great, so you made it 5 years. what about the other 45? if i know law is lawless and i might make it to old age without a medical doctor, i want fucking opium.

>>34839161
i dont know what you fuckers are arguing, but this is an interesting point. i looked at this list and its either A) diary based products or B) meats. technically, you can get away with this with canned stuff, but when it runs out, whatcha gonna do? rearing livestock and being able to butcher/smoke/store them is a long time concern.

hell, id even argue that guns are a silly concern. IMPORTANT in the short term, but unless you know how to make more, or make ANYTHING after the first 5 years, why bother? do you even have 5 years of ammo, grease, whatever?
>>
>>34834670

>1500 kcal meal
>missing out on practically all vitamins needed for basic function, calcium and B12
>BUT ITS A STABLE DIET

So you need multi-vitamins or additives to achieve it.

Good to know.
>>
>>34839167

Agree, learn to garden, but it's not as simple as dropping seeds everywhere and shit grows. Animals will eat your shit before it even has fruit.

Just learn how to cook and store good dry foods. Spices also keep good for a long time. Add wild plants you can eat for variation. The garden really should be a tertiary source, due to the big risks involved.

B12 is contained in various foodstuffs, not just meat and milk. There's various forms of it, it's the methylcobalamin that resorbs in the body. Normally our plants come from the garden/wild, so there's dirt and bacteria all over it who produce it. There's also some research going into gut bacteria and how that affects it, since it's assumed we could produce it ourselves if we didn't fuck up the flora in the colon with wrong foods.

>>34839179

That was to show what three simple ingredients already provide, you fucking double nigger. The irony is that none of you "nutritional experts" have even addressed any of the various nutrients besides "muh proteins" so far. You know jack shit about a good diet.
>>
>>34839161
>Muh supplements
A pill popper huh? So much for the natty argument.
>>
I've tried it, it triggers my soy allergy pretty hard (queasiness, hives on arms). IMO it is absolutely pointless for any situation where you don't need instant preparation, which is honestly nearly all of them. Dry beans and grains are the way to go for long-term food security. This shit has been pretty much mastered for a millennia, it's not going to be supplanted by anything but some kind of transhuman solution.
>>
File: nope, just milkshake.jpg (61KB, 767x307px) Image search: [Google]
nope, just milkshake.jpg
61KB, 767x307px
>>34839199

As I said, you have no idea of nutrition. This is a day where I ate shitty, obviously. And I still had more than enough B12 on a pure plant diet.
>>
>>34839207
None of these contain B12. Your
>I eat soil that contains B12
isn't going to cut it
>>
>>34839192

>The only reliable vegan sources of B12 are foods fortified with B12 (including some plant milks, some soy products and some breakfast cereals) and B12 supplements. Vitamin B12, whether in supplements, fortified foods, or animal products, comes from micro-organisms.

So you are eating animals regardless of whether you are vegan or not. Humans cannot process the B-12 directly from the plant itself and have to rely on animals, even if they are microscopic, to do so and thus a proven factor that you are a retard.

B-12 is an ANIMAL only process in humans. Your supplements and fortified sources aren't 'natural' but due to other lifeforms that process it for you thus making your retarded rhetoric a hypocritical one.

You can only process previously processed B-12. That's why vegan societies don't exist outside of fringe groups of crazies. Vegetarianism is fine. Veganism is not.
>>
>>34839192
its definitely not a topic touched on much. "ill just get into deadly firefights/conflicts my entire life, this is how ill survive long time". the best way to survive a fight is to NOT get into one. if you can find your own land no one will go to, secure it, maybe by natural means, miles of awful thorny bullshit and whatever is mean ( barbed wire instantly tells people "something is here" ) and all that then your the guy who ACTUALLY survives.

shit, what about toothpaste, floss, soap? even fucking minor shit like lube and stuff so you can jerk off in the madness that is your underground bunker that has no entertainment? i always thought if i was legit gonna be stuck underground for 10 years the first thing id do is download as much porn, movies and music as i could to a hard drive and find the first portable power supply ( hand crank, solar power, whatever ) so even if i did survive i wouldnt want to fucking off myself between a and b
>>
>>34839192
>I get my B12 from eating dirt
>Vitamin B12 deficiency is the medical condition of low blood levels of vitamin B12.[4] A wide variety of signs and symptoms may occur including a decreased ability to think
Anon, I...
>>
>>34839217

You are a fucking retarded, too stupid to read. It literally gives the amount of nutrients for the food input. Try again. Or see >>34839222

>>34839222

Bacteria are not animals. I hope you learned that in biology. In fact, bacteria have been separated from the other kingdoms in recent years.

>thus a proven factor that you are a retard.

Yeeeaaaah, right Mr. "bacteria are animals".

>due to other lifeforms that process it for you thus making your retarded rhetoric a hypocritical one.

You have no idea what you are talking about. There is tons of lifeforms in nature that utilize bacteria and even fungi for nutrients, such as the roots of practically every plant in existence. Why do I have the eerie feeling that you dropped out of school early?

>You can only process previously processed B-12. That's why vegan societies don't exist outside of fringe groups of crazies.

Except they don't, practically all monks and priests originally follow strict plant diets and are forbidden animal consumption, as it prevents the achievement of immortality, due to obvious health damages.

>>34839228

Modern warfare has shown that being stuck somewhere is a death sentence. Movement is key, so all that "bugging in" shit from the Vietnam era is an artifact of a long gone era.

>>34839233

Yes, you should eat more dirt, because you already show sings of cognitive function loss, since you can't grasp the most basic things anymore. I named a couple of natural and supplement sources, if you are too stupid to read I'm sorry for you. Not.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>34824420
>35% carbohydrates
>>
>>34839245
>Modern warfare has shown that being stuck somewhere is a death sentence. Movement is key, so all that "bugging in" shit from the Vietnam era is an artifact of a long gone era.
hey man i said "a direction you know youll go? walk it someday and drop some seeds of anything that might be useful"
yeah, sitting still is death but most will do it because comfort and complacency. but i feel the guy constantly moving and getting into fights dies because...he gets into fights. its all luck based at that point. i feel like the dude who makes it is the guy who settles down and moves at the first sign of serious danger
>>
>>34839263

Why do people on /k/ of all places, with access to so much information, still make speculation like this? Why is there no implementation of concept such as camouflage and reconnaissance? Teamwork and communication? Organized security and green houses to grow food? Various caches placed all over the place? Ridiculous.
>>
>>34839278
no thats a good point, tell me more. why am i wrong and could you go into more detail

i dont want to die
>>
>>34839283

Read the FMs on Marine Platoons, Patrols, Rangers, Camouflage and Survival.
>>
>>34839291
what if your born broken and have exploding knees. just kidding dont worry, i already know. i die first
>>
>soylent

You'd be better off eating actual people.
>>
>>34839245

>bacteria are not animals

They are living creatures that are actively trying to survive. They fall under the definition of not eating living creatures or products based off living creatures that vegans strive for. Yes the definitive definition is that animals are multi-celluar self enclosed life forms but you are claiming the high ground where you are clearly lacking one. Living creatures are living creatures, regardless of size.

>there is tons of lifeforms in nature

And in relation to B-12, humans aren't one of them. We get our B-12 exclusively from the consumption of other living creatures like all other predatory animals do because we lack the physical means to process the vitamin from plant substances. Just because 'muh bacteria aren't animals' still doesn't mean you aren't going against vegan rules. Playing definitions because 'muh animals' is just proving your hypocrisy as you are saying that 'animals' are higher on the food chain and thus deserving of more rights than the bacteria that you rely onto survive.

>except they don't
>all monks
Which?
Christian monks consume fish and meat. Dairy too.
Buddhist monks refuse the consumption of meat and milk but consume dairy products.

>and are forbidden animal consumption

No. They are allowed to consume animal products. The reason they don't by choice is because they believe the act of harming the animal is detrimental to their cycle. Milking the animal is not considered to be a negative. You need to understand that veganism simply does not exist outside of fringe crazies. It's literally a toxic ideology that is only allowed by modern society because of capitalism and the process of animal products in general.
>>
File: 51+931Rrt4L.jpg (42KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
51+931Rrt4L.jpg
42KB, 500x482px
Made in an actual food lab, costs half the price of soylent, won't make you vomit
>>
>>34839321

Bacteria are not sentient beings, stop being a fucking moron.

>We get our B-12 exclusively from...

...whatever we eat, such as the foods I mentioned above. Stop being a retard and stay on topic for once, god damn it.

>Just because 'muh bacteria aren't animals' still doesn't mean you aren't going against vegan rules.

As if you knew anything about Veganism, judging by your comments here you can't even tell bacteria from animal, nor do you give a shit about who dies or suffers for your taste buds.

>Playing definitions because 'muh animals' is just proving your hypocrisy

Except that it's not. I can't change the fact that bacteria die, both of their own short life span as well as that I eat them, I can however change that animals die for my food. You are the only hypocrite here, judging by norms you don't adhere to yourself.

>Christian monks

Christians don't count, I won't get into a debate about religions with you, since you're too stupid to tell microorganism from cow.

>No. They are allowed to consume animal products.

You are a fucking moron and this conversation is over. If you want to pollute a conversation with your ignorance, try a talk with your biology teacher. Tell him that I am disappointed of his performance.
>>
>>34839342
lol yr a fag dude
>>
>>34839389

Thanks for admitting your intellectual defeat, but that wasn't necessary. I already saw that coming when you first replied.
>>
>>34839406
Wasn't me but nice grasping at straws while trying to strawman me.
>>
>>34839342
10/10 would consume this anon for B-12
>>
>>34837937
Either goalpost shifting or reading comprehension issues. Coupled with a very narrow monoculture view. There are other meat animals in the world besides beef. This may come as a shock to you, but cropland can also support a flock of chickens at the same time as your crops are growing. Goats do well in orchard areas. Rabbits, ducks, guinea fowl, nutria, geese, and turkeys can also work.
>>
>>34824526
>implying that i dont want to cash in on some post apocalyptic TrannyBux.
>>
File: 1486140942812s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1486140942812s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>34824420
>>34824420
That's why i bought my box. its ok. not something to eat/drink because you don't want to make dinner though.
Flavor equivalent of a dial tone. Nothing. nothing there. just food.
>>
>>34825176
>>34825176
be sure to chew gum. or you will loose teach and jaw bone density, and muscle mass
>>
>>34830565
Stock up on a shit ton of gum
>>
>>34838530
No.
>>
>>34824420
>Give me one good reason not to stock up on soylent.
because 20lb bulk freeze dried textured vegetable protein and multivitamins are available for a lot less.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.