[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Uni in a year and plan on taking a toy with me. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: little-badger-unfolded-1280.jpg (33KB, 1280x400px) Image search: [Google]
little-badger-unfolded-1280.jpg
33KB, 1280x400px
Going to Uni in a year and plan on taking a toy with me. I have an Ruger SP101 but plan on buying a Polish P-64 (preference). Not the topic though.
Can't legally buy handguns but long guns are fair game. I've had my eye on the Chippa Firearms Little Badger (.22 mag) due to price, compactness, and ease of use. The stigma of .22 being a peashooter round is still looms so I've been looking at 20g single shotgun too. I've thought of pros and cons of both so I came here to get a second opinion. Thanks, /k/.
>>
If you have some cash, either a serbu super shorty or a serbu RN50 with an 18 inch barrel. It folds up and you can carry in it your bag. You could also try a KSG or, if you're set on .22, an AR-7.
>>
>>34822476
The AR-7 looks pretty cool, disassembling and all, but if I do go .22, I'd prefer magnum. The Serbu shotguns are a bit high. I'm more looking for pointers between the two rounds.
>>
>>34822443
I would just get a ruger American rimfire or the savage equivalent. They're like $200 bolt action with built in irons. They're both available in all popular rimfire cartridge so iirc. But if you're dead set on a breachloading single shot the Chiappa seems to be a safe bet.
>>
>>34822734
This. Ruger American .22s are cheap as shit, good quality, and probably some of the most fun one is ever gonna have with a .22 Mag bolt gun.
>>
>>34822734
The Savage 93 is the same price as the Chippa so I don't see why I wouldn't go for the Savage, other than for length and weight. That lays that to rest. I'm assuming that .22 mag is the consensus since I've only gotten one suggestion for a 20 gauge.
>>
>>34822930
I'm not doubting that. Ruger is an A-grade manufacturer, but there's cheaper options. Price is my main concern here.
>>
>>34822971
Then get the savage. Also I would recommend getting it in .22lr if your only reason for .22 mag is the stigma. .22lr is half the price per round and kills paper, varmints, and people just as well inside of 150 yards or so.
>>
File: Hex Maniac Chub.png (430KB, 591x637px) Image search: [Google]
Hex Maniac Chub.png
430KB, 591x637px
The only toy you need is between your legs.

Seriously though, what >>34822734 said.
>>
>>34823127
As an added bonus with the .22lr you can load it with cci quiet or Aguilar subsonic and plink in areas where you couldn't with a normal gun. Those rounds are only as loud as a multi pump air rifle.
>>
>>34823153
Hey....

You're not wrong.
>>
File: chiappa m6.jpg (30KB, 950x371px) Image search: [Google]
chiappa m6.jpg
30KB, 950x371px
Welp you can have both.

But that's more expensive than a Little Badger and a 20 gauge combined so probably not such a good idea.

Anyway I have a little badger and love it. The main reasons are the weight and compactness. Break action guns are fun to shoot, sure they are slower than semi or even bolt actions but you don't have to fiddle with magazines so you can shoot non stop and end up burning quite a lot of ammo. The LB also lends itself well to various customization projects, look for examples on forums.

Of course any single shot 22 will be more ergonomic than the LB. Get it if you like the looks and style, bit for serious target practice I think I'd prefer more traditonally shaped rifles.

If you mainly want to plink and shoot for fun you could also get a break action 20 or 12 gauge and add a rifled .22 adapter so you can shoot 22 with it. gunadapters.com has the widest range of adapters I believe.
>>
>>34823572
Good to have a Badger owner chip in. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you said ((it)) would be more expensive than both. Regardless, the LB seems to have its pros. I'm mainly looking for firearm to keep in my car, hide in my dorm, or hide on person. I guess the Badger would be the best for that.
>>
>>34823701
>Looking for firearm
That meets all my requirements, of course.
Cheap.
Small.
Light.
All that jazz.
>>
>>34823701
I was refering to the picture, it's the Chiappa M6. It has a 20 gauge barrel over a 22lr barrel, but is a bit pricy for what you get (at least according to the few reviews I've seen).

>I'm mainly looking for firearm to keep in my car, hide in my dorm, or hide on person. I guess the Badger would be the best for that.

Definitely. For the longest time I kept mine stored in the little backpack that comes with it, slung over the back of my desk chair with a jacket thrown on top. It was invisible.

The only long gun as compact as this I can think off would be the Kel Tec Sub 2000.
>>
>>34823763
Well, I definitely came to the right place for this question. Thanks for the advice, Anon and /k/. Think the Little Badger is gonna be my next purchase.
>>
>>34822443
22 magnum ammo prices make it pointless. get something in 5.56/223
>>
>>34822443
>Chippa Firearms Little Badger (.22 mag)

Hm, I'd be interested in a Little Badger in 17HMR. There's plenty of ,22 mag firearms out there, far fewer in .17. As long as you're going for a mouse gun round that isn't a 10/22, take a look at the range and ballistics of the .17HMR.
>>
>uni dorm
don't bother
>apartment near uni
ok
You did say you wanted a toy. Why not an airgun? You'll be able to use it in your backyard.
I mean, if you're trying to not die, both a .22 and an airgun will probably not work too hot.
>>
college is no place for fancy guns or fun guns. Only if you stay outside of school.

Get a cheap shotgun. 18" barrel and a pistol grip. Get use to shooting buck shot with it....
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.