[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make my air rifle more powerful? I just bought a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1440526358502.jpg (85KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1440526358502.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
How do I make my air rifle more powerful?

I just bought a pretty nice air rifle but it's capped to 495FPS, the website says it will shoot up to 1200FPS though.

I saw videos about modifying break barrels, they said you either need a stronger spring, or to plug any escape valve if there is one.

It was kinda expensive so I want to know if you guys have any tips before I try opening this thing and fucking it up.
>>
>>34819566
The best method would be to purchase a real gun you fucking twerp.
>>
>>34819566
Add more air.
>>
>>34819566
Stronger spring and dieseling, but I'd advise against either; you might as well get a used .22 lr for the $ you'll spend trying to get it to shoot at the same FPS.
>>
FPS is a meme. Heavier pellets = lower FPS but more downrange energy.
>>
>>34819566
Put a drop of diesel on the bottom the pellet.
>>
>>34820077
>I don't know how kinetic energy works:the post
>>
>>34819566
>I just bought a pretty nice air rifle but it's capped to 495FPS, the website says it will shoot up to 1200FPS though.
If you are in some restrictive country, then they've probably exchanged the spring or IGT air spring with a weaker one that'll never go above that fps.
If you think it has a legit 25lbs+ pull weight, then I guess it's possible they've put some sort of stop in there, but you'd probably feel that when you cocked it because you'd have effortless travel for a bit before hitting that 25lbs resistance.
>>
>>34820269
Finally something constructive. Since I don't really trust myself to take this apart, I should send it to someone who can, and they can place a new spring in for me?
>>
>>34820119
Not that guy, but you're an idiot. Muzzle energy is not the same thing as downrange energy, and he's right, heavier pellets retaing energy better, fucknuts.
>>
File: kfiched3j7ez.png (603KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
kfiched3j7ez.png
603KB, 2518x1024px
>>34819566
Monitoring this thread.
>>
File: 900fps 22pellet.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
900fps 22pellet.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>34820288
I don't know much about taking apart an airgun either, but I doubt it's all that complex. Especially if you have an air piston which is probably a drop-in part. Springs can be a bit more annoying just because they like to bend around etc, but there's probably a guide rod that'll help a lot with that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.