[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>classic firearms overstocked on sccy's >$189 Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 45674568.png (2MB, 3218x1560px) Image search: [Google]
45674568.png
2MB, 3218x1560px
>classic firearms overstocked on sccy's
>$189

Is it worth it for a random small conceal handgun? I already have a glock 19 but wouldn't mind something a little bit smaller for when I go out in shorts.
>>
>>34812934
SCCY's are kinda trashy. Okay as a beater, but I would not bet my life on one.
>>
how would wearing shorts change the size of your waistband where guns are holstered?
>>
>>34813044
I don't like to wear a belt when I'm in shorts. I don't trust friction to hold a G19 in place.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_181904.jpg (2MB, 5248x2050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_181904.jpg
2MB, 5248x2050px
>>34812934
I have one that I bought second hand at a gun show. Trigger pull is a bitch unless you are used to fatass double action. That being said, I'm 400+ rounds in on MBI bulk ammo/Fiocchi JHP without a single failure to feed, fire, or eject. Also if it does ever crap out they have a super flexible all-encompassing lifetime warranty.
>>
File: not dis shit again fwank.jpg (116KB, 656x1152px) Image search: [Google]
not dis shit again fwank.jpg
116KB, 656x1152px
>>34812934
>Those orange frames
>>
File: 1499993180070.jpg (1MB, 1704x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1499993180070.jpg
1MB, 1704x1360px
>>34814072
>Jamal tries to rob you on a cold winter's evening
>Pull out trusty bright orange SCCY
>"AHAHAHAHA DIS WHITEBOI BE CARRYIN' A TOY FO' TAY!!!"
>RIP Jamal
You just have to think outside the box.
>>
>>34812934
knew someone who owned one a few months ago, and i personally witnessed it ftf >3 times in one trip, not ammo but probably either mag/garbage design related. i believe he took it back or sold it, not sure.
>>
>>34812934
>they can have white slides but not purple for my all purple drank pocket peestol

Fuckin bastards.
>>
File: 1501560022048.jpg (210KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
1501560022048.jpg
210KB, 500x510px
>>34812934
get a white framed one and dip your firing hand into another color and grab hold of handgun, let dry!
>>
>>34812934
i bought one a few months ago because i thought hey why not and there were so many good reviews

first off, seriously, the trigger is so fucking unbelievably awful that it ruins the entire gun

it is literally not fun simply because the trigger sucks so much

also, on 75% of shots fired, the slide would get stuck back, and i had to slap it forward with my hand to make it feed another round. many ftf and fte.

even after thorough cleaning and working over the whole gun and polishing parts it never worked right. i actually got the store to give me 150 bucks back for it

i've made too many mistakes on cheap guns.
when it comes to guns, buy once, cry once.
>>
>>34812934
Not even worth that. Had one and the goddamn trigger snapped off. Not even worth buying it as a child's toy.
>>
I bought one and had some big issues with it right off the bat, but their warranty isn't bs because I really wanted to like the gun. I liked how solid it felt and I didn't mind the trigger. They completely changed my side and barrel and that fixed my issue.

It's a good gun to shoot with and even carry on you after you've shot 500 or so shots to make sure it'll work great and to get used to the trigger. If anything goes wrong just call sccy and they'll do the work for you. I carry mine everyday and trust it no problem.
>>
>>34814238
>white slides
you dense fuck, the slides are stainless steel not white
>>
Just because it's less than usual, $200 is still a lot of money to throw down the toilet.
>>
The gun is terrible, I tell people who come into my store to just get a pt111 g2 instead. Shit, buy a hipoint even.

Whatever oil they use also literally smells like shit.
>>
>>34812934
I brought one new at a gun show for $199, put about ~350 rounds of ultra cheap and dirty 9mm re-manufactured ammo through it so far. Mag springs were so strong I could not load more than 5 rounds (took a lot of unloading/reloading to get to the full 10 rounds), and had multiple FTFs and FTEs the first 100 rounds or so, at least one per mag. After that first 100 round break-in period (and a full disassembly and cleaning), the gun and mags has run pretty much flawlessly. The 9lb trigger (!) really is terrible, and combined with the short barrel makes the gun somewhat inaccurate past about 10 yards; however you easily modify the trigger pull down to ~6lbs by slightly stretching out the hammer spring, located in the rear of the mag well. Recoil is somewhat snappy, but manageable. Ergonomics are actually quite good, I have large hands and it fits me perfectly with a full four finger grip, which is rare for most compact pistols. Size-wise, its at the upper-end of "compact pistol" due to its double-stack mag, but still concealable if you aren't a skellington.

Overall I'd say its exactly the gun that you would expect to get for $200: better than a Hi-Point, but worse than a big brand like Sig or Glock. Good car gun, which is what I use it for.
>>
>>34814072
I actually dig the orange frame.
If I flew a bush plane or someshit, I'd totally keep one in the cabin as my "oh shit" survival gun if I ever had to ditch in Detroit River
>>
>>34816670
>If I ever had to ditch in Detroit River
Nigga u gon need more fyuh powuh then dat.
>>
File: 1492717219385.gif (2MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492717219385.gif
2MB, 800x800px
>>34816649
>Worse than SIG
>>
>>34816649
I got the SCCY. Opt for the Taurus slim as my cheap car gun, since if I'm not carrying, I can literally slip it in my pocket and carry that in a pinch. SCCY is ergonomic but too big for pocket carry.
>>
>>34816670
>Be Canuk
>Read your post
>"Why would you need a handgun for ditching in the Detroit river, isn't that right in civiliza-
>Realize niggers
>>
They can be had for $20 cheaper. Check slickguns.
>>
>>34812945
Have you ever used one?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.