[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do officers create their own hierarchy based on their commissioning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Do officers create their own hierarchy based on their commissioning?

Do the OCS, ROTC, and Academy kids all get along or do they look down on each other?
>>
>>34809906
Officially if they are of equal rank then the one that commissioned first is senior, in reality if you try that shit you are in for a rough time.
>>
Everyone hates west pointers, rotc are a large chunk and think they are cool. OCS people get the scraps of branch slots available, they can be high speed enlisted or idiot college grads with connections I.E. their dad is a colonel same with wocs
>>
They all end up with the exact same rank. A butterbar that graduated from OTS is exactly the same as the butterbars that commissioned the same day from ROTC or the Academy.

However because Academy pukes spent 4 years pursuing a degree while being brutally hazed by their upperclassmen, with almost no privileges, fun, and an atmosphere like boot camp 24/7, they have this gigantic superiority complex.

>I went through 4 times as much menial bullshit as you did through nobody's fault of my own so I am inherently superior to you!

ROTC and OTS grads usually deal with this autism by casually ignoring the Academy puke, as their ego subsists entirely on attention to survive.

Despite this, each institution will deliver you a mish-mash of outstanding officers mixed in with oxygen-stealing faggots, just like every other institution on the face of the planet.
>>
>>34809906
>one white male

Jesus christ.
>>
Officerfag here.

It's something to rib jab about, almost everyone accepts west pointers are trash with obvious exceptions.

It comes to job performance though. No one really gives a shit.

>"lt dirtbag sucks"
>"he went to west point"
>"makes sense"

Is how the conversation goes, rather than he sucks because he went to west point.

There isn't a real connection between commission source and job performance. If anything west point, academy, rotc, ocs in that order is the worst retention rate statistically once mandatory service time is up. Last I read said west point was under 45% retention- meaning a huge loss of money to uncle Sam's investment.
>>
File: 1359231363049.jpg (18KB, 395x292px) Image search: [Google]
1359231363049.jpg
18KB, 395x292px
>>34810125
>>
West Pointers look down on everyone for not having gone to West Point.

OCS look down on everyone for not having enlisted experience.

ROTC are feel good hippies.
>>
>>34810215
>Last I read said west point was under 45% retention- meaning a huge loss of money to uncle Sam's investment.

Disgusting

Anyone attending the military academies should be required to sign 20 year contracts
>>
>>34810125
He's probably gay too.
>>
>>34811091
The problem is, a lot of the guys coming out of academies are burnt out on the military by the time they graduate. Academy students are the only ones that have to live in that BS environment for an entire 4 years. And depending on their job, they might have another year or two of specific job training where they continue to be treated like shit. Meanwhile, someone who enlisted could be finishing up their 6 year contract and separating honorably. It's no surprise that most academy guys split at the first opportunity.
>>
>>34811118
>>34811091
>>34810215
I would not call it a complete waste and a failure of ROI.

Westpoint (and other academys) operates off the darpa effect, sure, their retention is garbage, but the ones that do stay are incredible, driven, and smart individuals. Keep in mind incredible, as in their ability to deal with massive amounts of bullshit and stress, and not only have it not effect them, they thrive in it. In other words, general material.
>>
>>34811118
>Want to join the military
>get burned out by the military

Never should have let them join in the first place.
>>
>>34811360
Well, you never know till you try and all that.
>>
>>34809906
im sure its like it was when i was enlisted, anybody in jrotc didnt expect shit nor did anybody give a shit.
>>
>>34811412
>jrotc
>>
>>34810125
Are you suggesting the Army have a quota on white people?
>>
>>34812108
Yes
>>
>>34811360
>t. never served

You have no idea how shitty it is to have something you've wanted to do for your entire life slowly burned out of you by New Army bullshit
>>
>>34809906
In my personal experience, commissioned officers will figuratively kill other officers (and those that serve under them) from advancing before themselves.

Have seen reasonable COs that abandoned their measure of logic under threat that they would not advance.

Not saying that the does not exist in the NCO world, but have never seen an NCO throw others under a bus like COs, to a point of endangering others to do so.

The Officer Corps as it exists now is the most detrimental force acting on the U.S. DOD.
>>
>>34812409
It's the same in the AF. Want to be a cool ass pilot? Guess what, flying isn't even the majority of what your job will involve. Gotta make time to be the wing IG, gotta attend don't-rape training, gotta attend don't-kill-yourself training.
>>
>>34812409
>why can't I rape female soldiers anymore, fucking new army bullshit
>>
>>34809906
None of us give a shit unless you are an asshole.
>>
>>34812494
>>34812494
>quoting no one
summer is in full swing here, folks!
>>
>>34811091
Here in germany you sign up for 13 years as an officer including four years at a military university to get a B.S. and M.S. after your inital 15 months of officer training, and 17 years if you sign up as an pilot, weapon system officer or air traffic controller.
>>
>>34813051
17 years to be a pilot. That's absurd.
>>
File: 34563456354.jpg (35KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
34563456354.jpg
35KB, 607x608px
>>34812494
>Implying they don't want it
>>
>>34813378
~15 months of officer training
48 months of basic flight school while getting a B.S. degree in aeronautical engineering at the military university in munich
18 to 24 months of advanced flight school
10 to 11 years of active service as a pilot.

In the USMC aspiring pilots sign up for ten years active service after finishing two years of flight school as far as I remember.
>>
>>34810215
MS4fag here,

Any tips on confidence?

Seems like every time i try to talk in front of a group i end up stuttering or sperging out in some way. Other guys also tend to walk over me. Its partially why id rather be staff than a PL.

Ive tried to work on it but it still manages to drag me down, its likely the major reason why i scored 32 out of 33 this past camp at Knox.

Im trying to go Signal btw.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.