[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gunstore is having a Ruger week soon where if you buy a Ruger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled-1.jpg (73KB, 515x351px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
73KB, 515x351px
My gunstore is having a Ruger week soon where if you buy a Ruger AR-556 FDE (currently 699$ here) you get a free 10/22. I am a noguns and have been looking for my first AR for awhile, is this a good deal and should I do it /k/?
>>
>>34809522
Kek hopefully y'all don't have to do rain checks like the Taurus/Heritage deal that was a fucking mess. Does the 20% discount apply to this deal as well? If so then that's a fair price.
>>
>>34809547

Since this is a "deal" already, no my 20% employee discount won't apply, otherwise I probably would've already done it. I just haven't got a good consensus on AR-566's there and was hoping /k/ could help. I'll go ask the /arg/ people later.
>>
>>34809522
ITs mot deal at all. Grab a gun has ruger ARs for 479 and 10/22s for 169
>>
>>34809522
PLEASE BE IN OHIO
>>
>>34809730
This. I think psa had the ar even cheaper (although in black), might be oos though.
The deal is just ok if youre in the market for both and you want it now
>>
I just read the part where you said you were noguns OP, i would probably get it then. You might save a few dollars if you searched aroind online but the sooner you have your own guns, the sooner you can go shooting and defend yourself if need be.
>>
>>34809575
Gotcha, well I can't speak for their BCG's but Ruger barrels are cold hammer forged, I think 4140 chrome lined steel. It's already got flip ups and magpul furniture which you'd otherwise pay $100-$150 for, and cerakoted FDE which is more money. Their delta ring is proprietary so you'll never be able to free float it. If you just want an off the shelf gun for home defense and paper punching it is better than the other options except maybe an M&P. I tell customers to get the Ruger quite often but those are the same monumental retards who buy PT111's and Sporticals with $35 optics from amazon wondering why their "rifle is inaccurate".
>>
This is for academy's ruger week right?
It's a decent deal if you were already looking for a ruger ar 556, but i'd imagine black friday will have better deals
>>
>>34809522
I'd skip it. Plain jane 10/22's are like 200 bucks and cheaper on the used market. Those ar's are like what, just under 500. You're not really saving anything, just forced to buy 2 guns.

Personally if I wanted an ar and a 10/22 I'd go with the ruger or whatever and get either a take down or a carbine from the 70's with a little character on it. But thats just me.
>>
>>34810339

Yea it's for Academy, I was contemplating getting a Springfield Saint with my discount, but this deal popped up so I reconsidered.
>>
>>34809575
How do you work at a gunstore and not own a gun
>>
>>34811297

I've lurked on /k/ for years and have shot plenty of other people's guns so I have the knowledge + someone put in a good word for me.
>>
>>34811297
behind the academy gun counter require zero knowledge of guns
>>
>>34811921
Can confirm, work at an Academy, and a few people that worked behind the gun bar had very little to no gun knowledge until they did their training.
>>
>>34811921
Can confirm. They want good retail employees not gun knowledge. More than anything they want you to get people to apply for their credit card.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.