[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly do people ND? Are they like the people who text and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: 1502040011284.jpg (76KB, 887x758px) Image search: [Google]
1502040011284.jpg
76KB, 887x758px
How exactly do people ND? Are they like the people who text and drive?

The only way I can think of where you might shoot yourself is if the gun malfunctions and goes off by itself without pressing the trigger

but I can't think of a situation where you pull the trigger and accidentally shoot yourself
>>
File: 1502178665723.jpg (39KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
1502178665723.jpg
39KB, 720x403px
you dont need to pull the trigger anymore :^)
>>
>>34806543
Distracted, a complete lack of understanding of the weapon's function, or just complacent because of experience and over confident. Generally any of these 3 can lead to NDs. If the gun just "went off" without user input because of mechanical error, that wouldn't be an ND but an AD
>>
They pretty much have to be retarded. Why you would ever pull the trigger without ensuring the chamber is empty is beyond me. It's not hard to check, and it's not hard to develop the habit. Pretty much has to be sub-100 iq dumbasses.
>>
>>34806543
>Are they like the people who text and drive?
Basically this. Its entirely possible to ND by catching the trigger on a tree branch for rifles or on something as you draw with pistols, but 9 times out of ten it seems to be some scenario where the sort of shithead that thinks the 4 rules are a meme ends up putting a hole in his wall because "I swear it wasn't loaded brah".
>>
>>34806583
can someone post the 4 rules for the newfags
>>
>>34806549
Liberals can finally say the guns kill people. How can we tell them they dont now? The second ammendment will be repealed and it's all SIGs fault.
>>
File: 1502093912535.jpg (23KB, 296x314px) Image search: [Google]
1502093912535.jpg
23KB, 296x314px
>>34806599
>>
File: 1468952142940.jpg (70KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468952142940.jpg
70KB, 450x450px
>>34806543
If the gun malfunctions and goes off that's an accidental discharge, negligent discharge is always something that could be prevented
Complacency is almost always the reason

>Last week in gun store picking up some ammo
>Talking with one guy, another is working on reassembling an internally-suppressed .22 pistol
>They joke about just opening the back door and function-checking it
>Guy working on pistol gets it back together, hands it to the guy I'm talking to
>He looks it over, gives the trigger a squeeze to make sure it was put back together right this time
>pop
>Round ricochets off the floor, glances a counter and goes into the ceiling
>Our faces when
At the very least, 3 of the 4 gun safety rules were followed so no one was hurt, but afterwards it turns out this happened
>Guy working on pistol reassembles it, grabs the wrong (loaded)magazine to put back in it
>He racks it and realizes it's the wrong magazine, pops it out and puts the correct (unloaded) magazine in
>When he hands it to the other guy he pops the mag out and sees that it's the empty one that was in the pistol in the first place
>Assumes it's unloaded
>>
>>34806594
-Finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot
-Treat guns like they are loaded, but be aware of their actual status as well
-don't point a loaded gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy
-when shooting, be aware of your target, what is between it and you, and what is behind it
>>
>>34806543
Brain dead faggots is how. If you're competent you'll never even get close to having an ND.
>>
>>34806594
>Doesn't know them
>Asks others to post them
>For the "newfags"
Sure buddy, sure...
>>
You literally have to be retarded. Then they usually are super duper retarded and say stuff like "could happen to anyone" to try to cover the fact that what they did was rediculously stupid.
>>
>>34806626
I think he was acknowledging he was a newfag
>>
>>34806543
People carelessly point the barrel at their hands or legs when carrying/cleaning/etc. Sometimes people "dry fire" when the chamber isn't really as "dry" as they thought it was, and the result is a hole in the wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVodb7toys
>>
>>34806620
those are some retarded employees
>>
>>34806543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HzQiQ8A0cc
>>
>>34806543
Retards who don't follow basic safety rules
>>
>>34806543
>How exactly do people ND? Are they like the people who text and drive?

Something like that.

In my case, there is this moment where I have had the gun with me for awhile, I have practiced with it and I can handle it without constantly looking at it.

Then I do something in reverse order, like I open the bolt, check the chamber if empty, close the bolt and Then remove the magazine which still had rounds in it.

This is how I killed my boat outboard engine. >came back home from a week trip at islands >had my month old T3 with me
>parked my boat at my pier
>sat down there for awhile, then went through my gear
>oh yeah my rifle
>I opened the bolt, checked for clear, closed the bolt never taking out the magazine in the middle
>I squeezed the trigger having the rifle still across my lap

Bullet went through a cylinder side, wrecked the piston and came out of the cylinder head. It literally took me a good moment to realize how it exactly happened. No other damage except my pride was done in for awhile.
>>
>>34806690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-SPGjEj9iQ
>>
You have to make it a ritual. Sure you don't have to autistically follow each rule to idiotic proportions, but it's like machine shop rules. The big difference is the big machine tools you're operating is usually constantly loud and moving, so you see how fucked you'd be if you're horsing around. Guns? Those things are idle, until you fuck up.
>>
>>34806543
>The only way I can think of where you might shoot yourself is if the gun malfunctions and goes off by itself without pressing the trigger

>pointing a loaded gun at yourself
>>
>>34806698
That's fucking retarded anon
You clearly aren't the brightest.
>>
>>34806625
Keep telling yourself this. There are two kinds of gun owners: Those that have had a ND and those that will. Competence breeds complacency and all it takes is one lapse.
>>
>>34806941
Nah that's stupid and you're wrong.
>>
>>34806941
And enter the retard >>34806634 spoke of. The retard who thinks everyone is an idiot like they are.
>>
>>34806941
>Those that have had a ND and those that will. Competence breeds complacency and all it takes is one lapse.
What a bullshit fag-enabling attitude. Complacency is a choice regardless of skill level or intelligence. Acting like it is inevitable and unavoidable is a complacency in of itself.
>>
>>34806952
>>34806953
>>34806967

Confirmed youngfags and/or noguns. I've seen some very well-trained, knowledgeable and experienced gunhandlers make mistakes. When you've done something 10000 times and never had a problem your brain goes on autopilot and you can miss something that a newb who is fixated on every millisecond of the experience might catch.

I know most of /k/ is teenage noguns europoors so I'll forgive you for not knowing that, sometimes, the guys you have to watch out for are the ones who know what they're doing.
>>
>>34806988
Or you're a dumb bitch and I'm a former infantry vet who's fired more than you ever will. I think you're a dumb bitch, and so does the majority of everyone else.

Please "ND" into your own skull and take your shit opinions and projections with you.
>>
>>34806967

This is the mindset of someone who will have an ND and then stand around for 15 seconds before their mind can accept it happened.

"Suggesting that I might ever be tired or distracted or have a mental lapse of ANY kind while doing a repetitive task I am convinced I have mastered is ludicrous and you are obviously wrong about how good I am at all the things all the time."
>>
>>34806941
This is what retards tell themselves to make themselves feel better about being utter failures
>>
>>34807011
>>34807015

Is summer over yet?
>>
>>34807011
>I'm a former infantry vet who's fired more than you ever will

You could spend 20 years in the Infantry and get less range time than someone with $5000 in ammunition and some spare time.

"Vet"
>>
>>34806941
>I'm shit

>Therefore everyone else must be shit too or else I'm not the standard, I'm just an asshole
>>
>>34807025
That's objectively false. I've fired that much in a month before. Not including cost of weapon. You need to get your facts straight, you're way off.

>>34807022
You're here. So no.
>>
>>34806941
This is why people ND right here

They accept it as an inevitability and stop paying attention to what they're doing because they think it's an excuse

Same reason people kill children whilst drunk driving
>>
>>34807042
>That's objectively false. I've fired that much in a month before.

No you haven't.
>>
I wish someone would do a documentary about the life of a shitposter. I can't imagine what it's like to wake up and shitpost first thing in the morning. How sad does your life have to be lol.

>>34807048
To stop something from happening, you first have to believe is CAN and WILL happen if you don't stop it. The second you believe it can never happen to you because you are the greatest most meticulous gun-handler of all time. Is right about when you shoot a hole in your wall into the next room where it perforates your favorite dragon dildo.
>>
>>34807058
Yes I have baby boy. You're thinking of a cop who only qualls once a year and rarely pulls his weapon his entire career.

On a deployment build up like Mojave Viper we easily blow through 5 grand a person. You also gotta include AT4's, grenades, C4.

Shit I've thrown 18 grenades in one day before at a training range. Please shut up you dumb kid.
>>
>>34806988
>your brain goes on autopilot
>what is complacency

Also
>youngfags
God I'm so fucking glad boomers will die off soon, but it can never be soon enough. Please kindly fall down some concrete steps and die.
>>
>>34806543
>this retarded faggot thread
>frog posting

Accidental discharging is a part of gun ownership you dumb noguns newfag.
Everyone I have ever known has done it and I have done it 8 or 9 times.
Its called an accident. Do you never make mistakes?
There is literally nothing wrong with accidental discharging.

Don't fucking make these call out threads when you are too pussy to post in the main ones
>>
>>34807326
>Such finely crafted b8
>But posted under the Shitpost 3-1 Actual name
Really shot yourself in the foot, what a waste.
>>
>>34807342
I don't know, I think the "8 or 9 times" part kinda killed it. I'd have gone with 2 or 3.
>>
How many Polacks does it take to do a 21 gun salute?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvCEbHZXUTM
>>
File: 1431467335485.jpg (55KB, 720x493px) Image search: [Google]
1431467335485.jpg
55KB, 720x493px
>>34806543
>How exactly do people ND? Are they like the people who text and drive?
Yes, generally you have to be a massive bonehead to do it.
Also, don't confuse ND with a legit manufacture defect or malfunction.
>but I can't think of a situation where you pull the trigger and accidentally shoot yourself
Nor can I, you'd have to be really stupid. and I mean REALLY stupid. Like, Ricky stupid.
>>
File: tbt.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
tbt.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>34807326
>>
>>34807342
>anything I don't like is bait
Not an argument
>>34807354
>cant count for shit
>>34807439
>durrrr bait durrrrr
What an original argument

These kids are obviously noguns.
Every REAL gun owner has done it at least once
>>
File: tyfys.jpg (191KB, 1024x674px) Image search: [Google]
tyfys.jpg
191KB, 1024x674px
>>34807011
>>
>>34806941
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>34807326
Tahnk you for your serviec
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 667x221px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 667x221px
>>
>>34807665
>muslimbro calling someone retarded
Oh the irony
>>
>>34806624
You forgot the 5th rule: don't buy a SIG.
>>
>>34806732
Here is my ritual:

>take out mag/open cylinder
>rack slide 3x
>on 3, lock back slide
>stick pinky in chamber to verify
>point barrel at light to see if it shines through
>close gun

doing visual checks the whole time.

Done. Never had an ND.
>>
>>34806543
once a long time ago, I was disassembling my 1911 and a round was in the chamber.

I had always cleared and checked the weapon, but this one time, there is was a fucking round in the chamber. And I didnt know it until I pulled the slide off.

I guess thats how NDs work. A normally careful person gets lazy or over confident and discharges his firearm, wither into the ground or the wall or his leg
>>
>>34807084
>kid
>boy
>vet
>gotta include

stolen valour
>>
File: 1427642431167.gif (386KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1427642431167.gif
386KB, 500x281px
>>34807946
Sure.
>>
>>34806543
What does everyone have against North Dakota? It's a decent place.
>>
>>34807955
how many tangos did you bag bro? tell us the one where the haji had sex with the goat and you all watched through NVGs
>>
>>34808024
2 bro. And it was a donkey getting raped on the Gboss bro.
>>
>>34807560
>Every REAL gun owner has done it at least once
so you admit you're a fucking retard who shouldn't own guns because you can't remember basic safety rules
please refrain from driving on public roads too, that's the level of retardation you display
>>
>>34808900
>noguns confirmed
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>34809495
What, you thought you'd get away with your NEET faggotry just because it's work hours?
>>
>>34809724
Sippy cup operator confimed.
>>
>>34809724
>implying imma fag
Nice bait kiddo

Anytime I see or hear someone say they have never had an accidental discharge I know they have never touched a gun

The AR 15 can go off when switching the fire selector

Sigs fire when dropped or shook

1911's fire when handled (looking at you kimber)

22's fire when they get warm due to runfire shit primers

Fucking glocks melt when shot too much
FN is squishy

Beretta fucking sucks dick
CZ is trash and doesn't work and only poor people defend them

I could go on. If you have ever handled guns, you will have experienced or will experience an accidental discharge
>>
>>34809768
gotta make my daily chocolate milk at home
>If you have ever handled guns, you will have experienced or will experience an accidental discharge
We're talking negligent discharges in this thread bud, not factors out of your control. That's what divides people into the retard category.
>>
>>34809724
>Being called anything by Hunter 3-1
>not having that cumguzzling tripfag blacklisted
It's like you want to mix bleach with your chocolate milk, or put up with his constant whining, faggotry, shitposting, and general cock gargling holier than thou nogunz bullshit...
>>
>>34809900
I usually ignore him, just bored I guess.
>>
>>34809900
>being a fag
>>34809845
This is some well crafted bait newfriend
>>
>>34809845
>factors out of your control

Pretty much everything in the history of ever. It's nice to have the illusion of control but that's all it is. We live in one chaotic motherfucker of a universe. You can stare that fucker in the eye and he will still be able to bite you in the ass.
>>
>>34809920

Post a picture of your USP and AK you faggot
>>
>>34809966
Faggot
STOP FOLLOWING ME
>>
>>34810268

Show us your guns then you LARPing faggot. I remember your bullshit from years ago.
>>
>>34810347
Prove it retard
>>
>>34806941
This is something that retards tell themselves to make them feel better about doing something retarded.
"a bloo bloo bloo it'll happen to you too"

sure it will.... if I'm retarded
>>
>>34810534
It's literally drunk driver logic, and that shit makes my blood boil
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.