[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought a cheapo clay thrower from walmart for like $24 on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 157736.jpg (159KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
157736.jpg
159KB, 880x660px
Just bought a cheapo clay thrower from walmart for like $24 on clearance

I've got it assembled pretty tight but even at the lowest level of spring tension I still feel like I'm gonna bend the aluminum if I cock it back, is there a trick to it or do you just go for it?

Also shotgun and clay general thread
>>
>>34801231
Bought a similar model on Amazon. Yeah, you gotta give it some gusto. Careful though, I have a nasty scar on my forearm from a trap thrower at a range. Mounted or not, they're dangerous.
>>
>>34801231
There's a reason it was a $24 Wal-Mart special.
Might as well take the risk. After all, it's not much of a loss.
>>
>>34801264
yeah I'm not expecting much but I don't really want to spend $300 either
>>
I've got damn near the same thrower, also from wally world. Been using it for years, hasn't died yet. Right off the bat I cut off the legs and instead bolted it onto an old tire rim with some concrete poured on it for weight. Much easier to use since you can plop the whole rig on a table or tree stump instead of having to reach clear down to the ground every time you load it. The nylon pull cord did give out eventually, replaced it with some 1/8 wire rope i had laying around instead.
>>
load it with midget spinners
>>
>>34801368
where do you think I can get an old tire on the super cheap
>>
File: medieval death.jpg (115KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
medieval death.jpg
115KB, 500x291px
>>34801728
off an old truck?
>>
File: ?????.jpg (9KB, 290x277px) Image search: [Google]
?????.jpg
9KB, 290x277px
>>34801769
who would have one of those
>>
>>34801800
You might not be smart enough for gun ownership, anon :(
>>
>>34801437
This but then aim it at people as a form of weaponized autism
>>
>>34801728
Just go to the local service station and ask if they have any junk rims. They'll probably sell you any rusted ones for a few bucks. Otherwise, local junkyard.
>>
>>34801728
pretty much any SUV will have a spare on the back which is easy to take off and just steal
>>
>>34801231
i have the same thrower. iirc you can dismantle the front legs and reattach them pointing inward. you can then attach it directly to a tire. it should've came with instructions to do so. i haven't done it in years, but i just pulled the spare off my truck and we'd sling them out of my truck bed. don't trust the dual throw too much though. every time i'd load up two, one would break right out of the gate.
>>
>>34801231
I had one just like that, yeah the springs pretty strong to cock it.
yeah you gotta be fucking careful operating it you could get hurt.

Best advice, mount that fucker down on a 4ft x 4ft piece of 1" thick plywood or something. then you can stand on the wood base while loading/operating it, makes it easier
>>
>>34802053
anon!
>>
>>34801231
I got one of those too, but its complete shit. It doesnt throw the clays very far, even though the tension is really strong. I ended up getting the $4 hand thrower that works better imo.
>>
>>34801231
>is there a trick to it

yes use some smarts and strengthen it

get some steel flat bars and splint them in various places

end up spending $100 and it should work ok
>>
>>34802687
no doubt that hand thrower is great, but I don't have anyone to go with me generally since I try to go on weekday mornings and I don't have any friends
>>
>>34802529
I mounted mine on an 8 ft length of 2x8, then park the rear wheels of the truck on it.
use the tailgate as a bench.
hook the trigger string to my belt.
enjoy the day skeet shooting by myself because I have no friends
>>
>>34803316
that's awesome.
except the no friends part. alas i too, know of these feels
>>
File: dem feels.gif (3MB, 346x252px) Image search: [Google]
dem feels.gif
3MB, 346x252px
>>34802751
tfw i know that feel
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.