[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a FFL holder and I sold a gun to a felon about a year ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: NICS_Logo.jpg (502KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
NICS_Logo.jpg
502KB, 800x800px
I am a FFL holder and I sold a gun to a felon about a year ago apparently. I ran the nics and everything on him and it came back proceed. They did not even realize this mistake until he was caught on a charge of pawning the gun while being a felon (showing obvious possession) and he told them he bought it legally.

How is this even possible?
>>
lol nics is a joke
>>
>>34796461
The same way a friend of mine got denied. Exact same name as some ass hat on the other side of the country who had multiple felonies. Even with new SSN he was denied. But if you were a real FFL you would know this happens.
>>
>>34796461
Who cares, the hiccup wasn't on your end.
>Government run agencies are ineffective and retarded
GASP, WHO KNEW!?!?
>>
Mistakes happen and things fall through the cracks but this is rare.
Timing, in a manner that he may have been recently labeled a felon but the NICS system may not have known about it yet even rarer. Though, it shouldn't affect you to much unless a news organization wants to run a story with you in it. Cause I go to my LGS and occasionally the guys will say the FBI was here today after we ran a check on a dude and the lady on the phone said keep him there.
>>
>>34796578
>But if you were a real FFL you would know this happens.
End of thread.
>>
>>34796578
>>34796637
Those kind of mistakes happen all the time, Ive never had a felon get a proceed.

>>34796613
ive also ran checks before and had the police call and want me to hold people.
>>
>>34796657
>had the police call and want me to hold people.
Can you legally do that though?
>>
>>34796667
You can't detain them if that's what you're asking. You can certainly tell them to stay.
>>
>>34796667
Not hold them physically, but they asked me to just pretend to keep doing paper work or make small talk until they get there. Only once has it actually worked, 9/10 they call about 30 minutes after I run the checks and they people are gone.
>>
>>34796657
>Ive never had a felon get a proceed
That you know of, dumbshit. You didn't know this guy was, either, until just now.

Hypothetically, anyway, since you're posting from summer school.
>>
>>34796461
>How is this even possible?
Nice try Jamal. Find a different way to slip through the cracks.
>>
File: IMG_6675.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6675.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34796727
I don't know why you think everyone on here is a summerfag. Moot even said the summerfag thing is a meme anyway.
>>
>>34796762
>why you think everyone on here is a summerfag
One look at the average post quality would explain why this is reasonable suspicion.

Thank you for delivering, however, it only makes it more strange you'd be surprised that NICS isn't flawless.
>>
Shit happens. The guy who shot up Virginia Tech had been adjudicated mentally deficient in court (responsibility for his affairs went to his parents even though he wasn't a minor) but some fuckwit in the state government never forwarded the paperwork to the FBI, so he didn't get denied when he bought his Glock 19 and Walthwr P22. He WOULD have been denied, but he simply wasn't in the database like he was supposed to be.
>>
>>34796461
My favorite LGS went under because of this exact same fucking situation.

It was a fuckup on the part of the background check dept. and they ok'd the fucker.
Then it turns out the ATF got wind, and they came and basically told them "fuck you, you get to sell off everything you have but no more"
They could have brought it to court but the owner was lazy and let it die.
>>
File: 1470541017317.jpg (102KB, 873x598px) Image search: [Google]
1470541017317.jpg
102KB, 873x598px
Felon with restored gun rights here who always gets a proceed after 2 days. Due to my delays I decided to apply for a UPIN. I know it take at least 2 years to get your UPIN but my question is what if I change addresses during my UPIN application wait. Would I have to notify NICS that I moved and to update my UPIN application?
>>
>>34797713
>Felon with restored gun rights
How did you manage that?
>>
>>34797720
Super easy in WA. I have my CCW as well. Lawyers wanted $2000 to get my gun rights back I decided to become my own lawyer and studied up in the law library and petitioned the court for my rights back and it worked out without any hangups. I was in touch with state police and FBI the whole time and made sure they updated my file.
>>
>>34797720
He's lying. If you are a big enough piece of shit to get a felon you don't deserve guns. However I 100% disagree with domestic abuse or restraining orders from stopping you.
>>
>>34797745
What did you do?
>>
>>34797755
LOL are you retarded? Getting a felony is easy as hell. I got my felony for selling a guitar that was gifted to me by my parents, they got mad and called the sheriff. Boom. Theft 2 class C felony. 5 years later I got my rights back. And you want wife beaters to get their guns but not non violent felons? Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>34797768
Theft 2 Class C felony. Big misunderstanding + hard ass parents who don't give a fuck. Not that I'm an angel or was totally innocent back then.
>>
>>34797781
>Getting a felony is easy as hell

Maybe for the retarded or pieces of shit.
>>
>>34796461
Obama
>>
>>34797790
Like a wife beater such as yourself? Sure. I hope you lose your gun rights forever.
>>
>>34797790
All it takes is one uppety salty nigger to ruin everything. My sister got in a car accident driving her friend. It was a driver that hit them, and her sisters friend's mom sued my mom for reckless endangerment and it went all the way to court...
>>
>>34796762
>moot said the summerfag thing is a meme
>moot said traffic doesn't really increase THAT MUCH during the summer.
>meaning it does
>meaning there are summerfags
>just not as many as you think
>>
Does nics really delete all of the information after it's entered?
>>
File: IMG_3528.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3528.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
given us all a bad name nigger.
>>
>>34798282
Yes, after 2 or 3 days I believe, that's why people who get delayed like to the a UPIN, it allows FBI to hold your background check history open for ever. If you don't have a upin and you get delayed or denied and you petition it they hold it open for I think 90 days after your petition gets approved.
>>
>>34798293
>given us
>can't even spell properly

I don't think OP can make it look any worse than you already have.
>>
>>34798330
fugg u
>>
>>34797755
>He's lying. If you are a big enough piece of shit to get a felon you don't deserve guns

yeah no, my pops had his cleared via lawyer in about 6 months. assault from 1969, but still a felony. ccw holder now, no issues.
>>
>>34798330
Not that faggot but "given us" isn't completely wrong.
"OP has given us a bad name, that nigger."
>>
>>34798540
Except he didn't write that so, yes, he is completely wrong.
>>
>>34798293
nice C&R kid
>>
>>34796590
This.

>>34796461
You did your job, OP. If the NICS system failed, that's none of your business.
>>
>>34796461
go back to sleep
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.