[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VP9 @ 20y aiming at the bullseye - what's off? What do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_2888.jpg (803KB, 1957x2216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2888.jpg
803KB, 1957x2216px
VP9 @ 20y aiming at the bullseye - what's off? What do you guys think I'm doing that's making me hit bottom left middle?
>>
File: wheel.jpg (18KB, 277x280px) Image search: [Google]
wheel.jpg
18KB, 277x280px
>>34792245
>>
>>34792277
What does jerking mean exactly?
>>
>>34792245
Google shooting low left, there's a ton of good info out there already.
>>
>>34792245
concentrate on your sights while dry firing. Watch what they do the moment the trigger breaks.
>>
>>34792245
Your body anticipates the recoil, so it pushes your dominant (right) hand down slightly as you pull the trigger.

Because of your wrist angle, it bends left as you bend it down.

Train with "ball and dummy” drill.
>>
>>34792329
It means close your /gif/ tab and learn how to pull the trigger properly.
>>
>>34792501
>I had to get over a flinch and shot low left. I never did anything about my wrist angle though. I'm I gripping wrong?
>>
>>34792245

I'm a southpaw. I assume you just flip this thing vertically for lefty shooters?
>>
Flinch is main suspect

May also be too much/little finger on trigger
>>
Right handed shooters naturally push the gun to the bottom left corner when anticipating recoil. Or, if you are using too much trigger finger (the trigger rests in the crease of your trigger finger), make sure to use only the flat part of your finger (where your fingerprint is) to pull the trigger.
>>
as long as there is general shooting advice going on ITT, can I be helped with this >>34792151
>>
File: 1501658213980.jpg (21KB, 512x487px) Image search: [Google]
1501658213980.jpg
21KB, 512x487px
I think that means you're a Gay Communist!
>>
>>34792581
Shotguns hurt to shoot. That's why you see 'shooting jackets' that have extra padding in the crook of your shoulder. You do get used to it more with time though.
>>
>>34792545
Pretty much.

While flinching is a factor, I also found that I was squeezing my whole hand instead of just squeezing my trigger finger. To demonstrate:

Extend your arm out and make a fist like holding a gun.
Squueze your hand.

If you notice you'll see your hand move a bit to the left or right, depending on if it was your left or right hand.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>34792491
This.

Shoot a few rounds t the range, then do it empty. You'll see yourself jerk if you're not focused.
Invest in snapcaps and load one or two randomly into your magazines. Pay attention to your front sights
>>
File: tmp_5292-1501983234291145206786.jpg (22KB, 600x452px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5292-1501983234291145206786.jpg
22KB, 600x452px
>>34792245
Get snap caps. Put snap cap in gun. Put a dime on top of the front sight. Oh trigger without dropping it. Repeat until you're john wick.
>>
>>34792277
I'm assuming that you simply mirror this image I feel you're a leftie?
>>
>>34792245
This is how pretty much anyone will shoot when starting out. Don´t worry, you´ll improve. Learn to pull the trigger slow and deliberatly.
>>
File: Shooting Aid.png (162KB, 2354x2354px) Image search: [Google]
Shooting Aid.png
162KB, 2354x2354px
>>34792245
>>
>>34792151
With a shotgun, you have to shoulder it properly.

Take the stock of the shotgun and hold it against your shoulder and have someone push against it. You will most likely feel it pressing against your collarbone.

It's not a case of just putting it against your shoulder, you have to put it in your shoulder.

There is a natural groove in your shoulder between it and the collar bone. It's a bit hard to describe how to find it over text, but try this:

With the stock shouldered, lift your trigger arm up into a 'chickenwing' position, while keeping the shotgun on your shoulder. You should feel it shift a little. Then close the arm down onto the stock. Try having someone push onto it now. It should feel more comfortable and as if it was in a groove in your shoulder.

This will not only mean you will be able to shoot more comfortably, but will also give you more stability and control over the shotgun.

Now as you're a beginner with a shotgun, typically what you want to do is point, not aim. What this means is that unless your shotgun has rifle style sights on it, you will be far more effective with it on targets by keeping your eyes open and pointing the gun on target. This is also recommended for moving targets. Point a shotgun as if you were pointing your finger at the target.
>>
>>34792613
>Shotguns hurt to shoot.

Learn how to shoulder it properly.
>>
>>34795220
This technique is also very useful for dealing with larger centrefire rifles, such as military surplus bolt actions and will help you to control the recoil much better.
>>
decided to try shooting left handed and im grouping better than with my right
a-am i retarded?
>>
>>34797198
chop off your right hand, teach it a lesson
>>
File: 20170730_151803.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_151803.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>100yds remington corlokt 180gr
>Tikka t3x lite Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50
First time shooting .308. Any tips to tighten this up?
>>
>>34797378
Pls respond
>>
>>34792245
You actually might just be shooting left, not low-left. HK handguns are known to be "hold over" handguns, where you cover your target with the front sight as opposed to the 6 o'clock hold of most handguns.
>>
>>34797378
are you shooting on a rest? the easiest thing to do is try different ammo.
>>
>>34797782
Yes. Any cartridges you personally recommend?
>>
>>34797771
What yardage are they zeroed for?
>>
>>34797378
>100yds remington corlokt 180gr
>Tikka t3x lite Nikon Prostaff 3-9x50
>First time shooting .308. Any tips to tighten this up?

Sup, fellow precision shooting noob.

Here's what I'd suggest:
- Preload your bipod by slightly putting forward pressure on it.
- Use a rear squeeze bag to stabilize your rifle. Try to make the rifle point at your target "at rest" without having to muscle the rifle to keep it on target.
- Look up breath control. (shoot on held breath or exhaled breath, try both options)
- Do not thumb you rifle. Keep a light grip with your firing hand. Only your trigger finger should put pressure on the rifle, the rest should be a light touch at best.
- Switch to training ammo initially. Something like 147gr S&B perhaps?
>>
>>34798213
federal gold match is a popular choice.
>>
>>34798276
Im using a dual bag setup and am doing everything you listed except for my grip and ammo choice. I tend to use my fingers to make aim adjustments as the leather of the sandbags isn't conducive to small adjustments. I went for 180gr because i thought getting used to the heaviest load would help me get over the flinch of shooting a full size round. I noticed my groups tighten by the second box of ammo and then deteriorate as my shoulder started to hurt toward the end of the last box.
>>
>>34798277
Thanks pham
>>
Pretty much everyone shoots low left when they start out. It's the most common thing in the world. Most of it comes from flinching. What I would recommend is moving the target forward. Start at 7-10 yards, and focus on getting the tightest group you can, then move out.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=li0rGtXh23I

Watch this video, OP. It makes you understand the hierarchy in marksmanship. Sight alignment, sight picture, stance, breathing, grip, all that is completely meaningless if you can't squeeze the trigger without moving the gun.

Until you can drop the striker without the gun moving, don't bother even aiming.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.