[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to fun range to test out my new .40 >Gotta buy some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

>Go to fun range to test out my new .40
>Gotta buy some ammo for it
>Bought 9mm and .22 before, no sweat
>"Sorry sir you gotta be 21 to buy handgun ammo" (I'm 20)
What the fuck is this nonsense
>>
>>34790818
"I have a carbine in .40 S&W"
>>
>>34790831
They didn't even ask what kind of weapon I had, I tried 3 different places and they all turned me away as soon as they saw my ID
>>
>>34790818
That's not so bad OP. Reminds me of what happened to me today.

>Going to range
>realize I forgot to buy .40
>stop at a store, walk down the isles to their ammo cabinet and get a worker to unlock it
>"Alright buddy, what do you need now?"
>"J-J-Just a few b-boxes of, uh, f-"
>He's glaring at me
>"F-f-Forty..."
>A smirk grows across his face
>"F-forty caliber, p-please..."
>He drops his cabinet keys and laughs at my face
>People peak around the isles and point at me while giggling
>I drop to my knees in shame, I realize I've wet my pants
>My Glock 23, carried IWB appendix at 12:00, is now soaked with urine
>My oversized, fudd-caliber, custom-grip Glock is now fully printing
>Everyone is laughing hard now
>a loose magazine shoved in my cargo shorts pocket falls on the ground, the cheap plastic shatters like porcelain. Rounds of Hornady XTP scatter on the floor
>Little children are laughing and playing with my baby cartridge on the floor
>The laughter slowly dies as the clerk walks to the register. I crawl to my feet and follow him, with people chuckling and giggling at me as I pass
>He rings me up for 3 boxes of 50 rounds
>$93.55
>I pay
>I leave

Being a faggot manchild that carries .40 S&W sure is hard.
>>
File: 38587010.jpg (25KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
38587010.jpg
25KB, 292x257px
>>34790968
Kek'd
>>
>>34790968

I Loled
>>
Are you the same fag who had his gun taken away from him at the gun show? Quit making so many damn threads, we all know you have a hard time procuring guns and ammo already
>>
>>34790968
>.40 S&W
Is this a /k/ meme? [spoiler]because a friend of mine literally last week just passed onto me his SD40VE (and why I'm on /k/ right now)[/spoiler]
>>
>>34791128

Your friend gave you a shitty gun in a caliber that shouldn't exist
>>
>>34791128

That's the gun of choice for poor people who don't understand guns. I can't think of a more white trash/nigger pistol/combination
>>
>>34791229

>Pistol/caliber combination.

I'm drunk but your friend is still white trash
>>
>>34791191
Opinions aside...could you explain to me why the caliber should not exist? Legitimately trying to learn more about handguns.
>>
>>34791266
Its just dumb trolling from 9mm fags or 45 niggers
>>
>>34791055
Not the same person
>>
>>34791128

you got a cheap gun in a caliber that a lot of people think offers nothing over 9mm, but guess what it goes bang and it sounds like you got it for free so go buy some cheap ammo and practice
>>
>>34791326
Pretty much this
he's moving to another state and I took it off his hands for $100 including two boxes of ammo and a holster. I've been eyeballing a handgun for some months now (not full on research, just trying out ones that I like on the range) but this one was cheap and I've fired it before...figured why not.

And personally I think I'm more comfortable with a 9mm, just wanted to know what the deal was with /k/ and the .40
>>
.41 AE > .40 S&W
>>
>>34791363
Here's why I don't recommend the .40 S&W
>It came about after the 1987 Miami shootout because muh 9mm wasn't strong enough, because even though the guy would've died from his wounds no matter what, he was not immediately incapacitated until he was shot in the fucking face.
>Rather than blame their bad training or just come out and say they were outgunned, they whined about their guns and got money to look for a new caliber.
>By luck, the .40 just happened by and took the gold medal. The FBI adopted the .40 caliber, and as time went on, so did a lot of police departments. This was the rise of the .40's success.

>Fast Forward

>FBI switches back to 9mm, cause they realized they were retarded and are better off making sure Johnny Limp-Wrist and Suzy Gender-Diversity could accurately take follow up shots. Plus, bullet technology got better and now 9mm matches the .40 Cal in performance, with better recoil and higher capacity.
>Police Departments follow the FBI and are now switching back to 9mm
>Companies are slowing or halting production of .40 Caliber pistols, now that Police and FBI, two of the Gun Manufacturers most consistent contracts, are moving away from the caliber.
>Not only are companies moving away, but civilians seem interested in pocket .380's, 9mm's of all types, 45 ACP, 10mm, and 357 sig. They're all gaining steam while the .40 is just slowly dying.

TL:DR .40 is slowly dying as a commonplace caliber and will slowly become a speciality, like the .32 ACP and the .25 ACP. It's not dying because it's inadequate, but because the only people who buy these are fudds, niggers, and the handful of people who just "like" shooting .40(like me).

There are no benefits to owning the 40 compared to the 9mm, or the 45. Whatever you need the .40 to do, another caliber surpasses it, be it capacity, penetration, ect. It's like the kid with C- grades in every single class.
>>
>>34791608
>>34791271

reminder that all handgun rounds are equally garbage because they don't cavitate
>>
File: 0lBXFeW.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
0lBXFeW.png
108KB, 400x381px
>Thread about shitty gun laws
>Turns into caliber wars instead
>>
>>34791363
It's a meme caused by the fact that 90% of /k/ doesn't own or shoot firearms and get their information from movies and Soldier of Fortune magazine. If it's loaded, works, and is in your hand it's a good gun.
>>
>>34790818
I'm having the same issue. I'm 18 and just inherited a Glock 43 and I love shooting, but I hate that I can't buy handgun ammunition. It sucks cock. I can't buy exploding targets either.
>>
>>34791128
You just got a decent gun but it has the shittiest goddamn trigger that has ever existed on a firearm.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.