[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sticking your finger in the chamber of a gun is a bad idea for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 10

File: clearing barrel.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
clearing barrel.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
Sticking your finger in the chamber of a gun is a bad idea for two reasons:

1. Your fingers are probably dirty, and the oils in your skin can cause metal to rust.

2. Your finger can be injured. If you are leaving the range, your gun may burn your finger. If you get your finger pinched in the slide, it will bleed.

I propose a simple solution. Get a small piece of copper wire to stick in the chamber.

Speaking of safety equipment. Dry firing in your house is a bad idea. If you have an unintentional discharge, your bullet will go through the wall and injure people on the other side. You should have a safe backstop for dry firing. A tub of sand works well for this.
>>
File: gomerpyle.jpg (64KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gomerpyle.jpg
64KB, 1920x1080px
>OP
>>
Also don't leave your ammo out, it will cause the brass and copper to rust.
>>
>>34790683
I have seen brass and copper turn green on old ammo. I've also seen lead bullets turn white.
>>
Also don't carry your gun on you, it could be stolen and used against you.
>>
>>34790711
That is a risk, but it's the lesser of two evils. Being unarmed in a fight is an even greater risk.
>>
Don't own a gun, 100% of gun owners die from their guns.
>>
>>34790766
Not true. Most die from other causes.
>>
File: 1488681696019.jpg (18KB, 324x352px) Image search: [Google]
1488681696019.jpg
18KB, 324x352px
>>34790559
>Not drying firing with your penis that is clean and in a sterile cotton environment.
>>
>>34790953
That sounds dangerous. Use a clearing barrel instead.
>>
Never leave your magazine loaded, it will make the spring wear out
>>
>>34791990
People have been arguing about that for years. Nobody really knows if it's true or not.
>>
>>34792022
It's not.
>>
>>34792073
But how do you know that? Have you ever done a controlled test where you took two identical magazines, loaded one, and let them both sit for 40 years?
>>
>>34792097

you think people haven't? look it up you dumb nigger. it's perfectly safe to keep loaded
>>
>>34792129
I don't doubt it, but I can't just take the word of somebody on an anonymous Belarusian whaling forum. Give me a credible citation.
>>
>>34792162

ask Google for a creditable citation or better yet, buy some mags and cheap ammo, load and put them in the top of your closet and every 2 years, take one down and fire it leaving enough up there for further testing in the next few decades
>>
>>34792203
The burden of proof is not on me. It is on you.
>>
>>34792225
im not your google you lazy nigger

buy a gun and play with the mags instead of posting on an ATF honeypot

>get new mag
>load and unload dozens and dozens of times to slightly weaken springs so it's easier to load (especially thumb breaking glock mags)

>load a glock mag
>keep it loaded for a year
>unload
>still a bitch to load

rly maeks u thunk
>>
>>34792292
Google is a search engine, not a source. It's not my job to comb through search engine results looking for evidence of YOUR assertion. If you are going to make an assertion, provide proof. Otherwise, your word will be taken as nothing more than hearsay evidence.
>>
>>34792350

k. keep your mags unloaded :^)
>>
>>34792097
>>34792162
>>34792225
>>34792350
I'm new to this, but if the springs are properly heat treated they'll be fine. As long as you don't crush them or overextend them, of course.

Consider me a credible source since I've been making springs since I was eight.
>>
>>34792397
How do I know you've been making springs? Anybody with an internet connection can write anything on 4chan.
>>
>oils causing rust
>>
>>34792450
Your fingerprints have salty sweat and acid in them. I have seen fingerprints rusted into knives before. There's a reason museum curators wear latex gloves when handling old guns.

http://green-vci.com/fingerprints-cause-rust/

https://australianmuseum.net.au/image/corrosion-on-metal-caused-by-a-fingerprint

https://books.google.com/books?id=3iADAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA127&lpg=PA127&dq=fingerprints+cause+rust&source=bl&ots=18UW1YU2gW&sig=WVylFV22Q_PfuIf_1eZMWLHp4bE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8x9mO6cbVAhUK7iYKHQKeApMQ6AEIYDAJ#v=onepage&q=fingerprints%20cause%20rust&f=false
>>
File: heres your reply.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
heres your reply.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>34792445
How do you know anything is anything? Anyone can write anything anywhere, it's all fake news!

You're an idiot. Don't pretend like you're playing devil's advocate, you're fishing for a wordy article providing conclusive proof so you can sooth your savage autism. I'm not going to provide that, especially not when this subject is somewhat in the realm of basic common sense. If you want conclusive proof that the sky is blue but won't accept a simple, "yes it is," then you can figure it out for yourself.

Go stare up at clouds while you vigorously fist your own asshole, I don't care.
>>
>>34792397
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/does-static-tension-wear-out-a-spring.661309/

According to the site I just linked, static tension or compression doesn't wear out a spring unless it's reasonably close to it's melting point, since most springs aren't made of lead or gallium you shouldn't have to worry about keeping your mags loaded, only if you overload them or use them a lot.
>>
File: 1501462912342.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501462912342.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>34792500
Your fucking fingerprints will not rust a firearm that's regularly maintained, get the fuck out.

If you're not cleaning your guns you deserve the surface rust you dumb dickhead.
>>
>>34792556
>link says exactly what I said
Neat.

I think you linked the wrong post.
>>
>>34792538
>How do you know anything is anything? Anyone can write anything anywhere, it's all fake news!
I consider the source. As far as sources go, 4chan is one step above bathroom graffiti.
>>34792565
It's not a big deal as long as you wipe it down with a good gun oil, but I still try to avoid needlessly touching the steel, especially if it's blued. Besides, it helps keep my hands clean.
>>
>>34790559
>fire into tub of sand
>get sand all over the place and in my eyes
yeah no thanks i'll just aim at the floor
>>
>>34792647
Would you rather have to sweep up a little sand or patch a hole in the floor?
>>34792556
A physics forum is more reliable than 4chan, but still not gospel.
>>
File: mini14.jpg (38KB, 1000x257px) Image search: [Google]
mini14.jpg
38KB, 1000x257px
>>34792614
I am too lazy to correct my self >>34792556
and instead will opt to relink my original post and post a picture instead.
>>
>>34792632
>I still try to avoid needlessly touching the steel
So you're basically a nogunz who's upgraded from stamp collecting. I just can't imagine anyone who uses their firearms vigorously enough to the point of being proficient with them making this post.

No bully but are you on the spectrum?
>>
>>34790777
Not true. All of them die from their guns. The rest from their friends gun.
>>
>>34792713
>So you're basically a nogunz who's upgraded from stamp collecting. I just can't imagine anyone who uses their firearms vigorously enough to the point of being proficient with them making this post.
I'm not saying you have to baby your gun. Touching the steel is inevitable, and if it happens, it happens, but there's no reason to go digging around in there with your finger when a piece of wire will do, and you don't have to worry about getting your finger caught in the slide.
>>34792713
>No bully but are you on the spectrum?
No.
>>
Have you tried looking? Like with your eyeballs?
>>
>>34792748
Except you don't sprout wires and you have your fingers with you at all times, so unless you're that much of a retard that you would drop a bolt on your own finger I'm sorry but you're making this too complicated.

>No.
Yeah pal, I don't believe it. Fouling from use is going to be more corrosive than skin oil and since you keep your hands "clean" that probably means you have dry skin too.
>>
>>34792097
Do you put your car on jack stands every night to keep the springs from wearing out?
>>
>>34792748
>if it happens
Let's see your safe queens.
>>
>>34792788
Yes, you should do that AND check with a wire.
>>34792815
>Except you don't sprout wires and you have your fingers with you at all times
Just throw a piece of wire in your range bag. It can also double as a safety flag. If you don't know what that is, some ranges ask that you put device in the chamber to show clear.
>>34792815
>unless you're that much of a retard that you would drop a bolt on your own finger I'm sorry but you're making this too complicated.
I've never accidentally dropped the slide after locking it open, but why risk it?
>>34792815
>Fouling from use is going to be more corrosive than skin oil
Only if you use blackpowder or corrosive primers. Smokeless powder residue is not corrosive.>>34792815
>since you keep your hands "clean" that probably means you have dry skin too.
I don't wash my hands obsessively, if that's what you're implying, but I do try to avoid getting grease and dirt all over me if I can.
>>34792854
Car suspensions do wear out, but usually not within the lifetime of the car. I did have my car looked at to see if the suspension was worn out, but it turned out the city roads were just neglected.
>>34792860
I don't have any.
>>
>>34790559
Sticking your penis in the chamber of OP is a bad idea for two reasons:

1. Your Penis is probably dirty, and the oils in your skin can cause OP to rustle his jimmies.

2. Your Penis can be injured. If you are leaving this world, OP may burn your penis. If you get your penis pinched in OP's Buttcheeks, it will bleed.

I propose a simple solution. Get a small piece of copper wire to stick inside OP.

Speaking of safety equipment. Dry firing in your wife is a bad idea. If you have an unintentional discharge, your newborn baby will go through the wall and injure people on the other side. You should have a safe backstop for dry firing. A tub of sand works well for this.

Fixed
>>
>>34792162
You mind telling me how the fuck we're supposed to go whaling when the nation to which our lovely forum belongs has no coast????
>>
>>34792891
>Car suspensions do wear out, but usually not within the lifetime of the car

Exactly.

Magazine springs left compressed, if they do wear out, will not wear out within the lifetime of the ammo being stored, which is typically measured in decades for average storage situations.
>>
>>34792891
>Smokeless powder residue is not corrosive
Smokeless powder isn't literally smokeless either, despite the advertised feature.

You're afraid of dropping the bolt on your dry finger while you're checking the chamber because it might corrode the metal so you cram a metal object inside of it that can get sheared off entirely instead and physically break stuff.

You really are a retard.
>>
>>34792935
Belarus has good relations with Russia, so Belarusian citizens could easily travel to Kaliningrad.
>>34792946
Maybe. Some people have magazines that sit loaded for decades.
>>34792953
If a piece of copper wire gets sheared off inside my gun, I could just shake it out. Copper is soft, so it won't damage anything in there. I'd much rather have the inconvenience of finding a piece of copper than the inconvenience of a bleeding finger.
>>
>>34792973
So it's about an injured finger now and not the corrosion?

Seems like you're full of shit and can't even keep your own crazy straight. You might want to rethink things.
>>
>>34792999
If you would read the OP, I very clearly said it was also about avoiding finger injuries.
>>
>>34793043
Which, again, tells me you're either that much of a hamfisted clusterfuck or you're just dumb.
>>
File: slide stop.jpg (35KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
slide stop.jpg
35KB, 600x334px
>>34793119
The slide stop has only to move down about a millimeter in order to let the slide drop. I'll play it safe and just use a piece of wire.
>>
File: hahaha nope.gif (2MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
hahaha nope.gif
2MB, 350x263px
>>34793159
... are those metal filings? This is why you don't use a wire you dense motherfucker lmao

I'm done, I can't handle this thread. I'm out.
>>
>>34793204
It's just a stock image I found on Google images.
>>
I really am enjoying the autism in this thread. Especially this little beaut right here:
>>34792350

>please continue my friend!
>>
>>34793264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2QK8waGzL0
>>
>>34792891
>I've never accidentally dropped the slide after locking it open, but why risk it?
it's an insignificant injury for a hypothetical event that I've literally never heard of a single person having. There's no reason for me to care.
>>
>>34792500
Are you trying to sell Ballistol?

Because Ballistol neutralizes those acids.
>>
File: Al Kaline.jpg (24KB, 268x386px) Image search: [Google]
Al Kaline.jpg
24KB, 268x386px
>>34793393
Any alkaline will.
>>34793357
It's not insignificant. It's painful and causes bleeding.
>>
>>34793412
>It's not insignificant. It's painful and causes bleeding.
not enough for me to care. Again for a hypothetical event that I've never heard happening
>>
>>34790559
>Sticking your finger in the chamber of a gun is a bad idea for two reasons:
I have this new sense called sight. That's why I don't do it. Sticking your fingers in the chamber is retarded.
>>
>>34793822
Check with sight AND feel.
>>
Always carry a clearing bucket with you. That way, you can check on the go if a round is chambered in your gun.
>>
>>34794303
You have a clearing bucket wherever you go. It's the ground.
>>
>>34792500
Salts and acids aren't oils.
>>
>>34794710
But your fingerprints have all three
>>
>>34794710
Most body oils are acidic.
>>
>>34792556
JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL SPRINGS

#WOKE
>>
>>34790559
Jesus Christ, still pushing this autistic shit Yankee Marshall?? FUCK OFF AND GO AWAY
>>
>>34790559
how does yours even fit in the barrel of a gun? lmao
>>
>>34794981
>>34790559
wait, nm i read it as dick
>>
>>34790559
That picture reminds of a 46 year old woman's sexual fantasy.
This is was 4chan has done.
>>
>>34794268
How about no? I don't stick my fingers into my diesel tank and wet them to make sure it's full when I can clearly see the stuff at the top of the tank.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.