[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the SKS really this powerful in real life? In the video game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: sks_tapco_tan.jpg (221KB, 2048x513px) Image search: [Google]
sks_tapco_tan.jpg
221KB, 2048x513px
Is the SKS really this powerful in real life? In the video game PUBG it just OWNS every other gun, what makes it so special?

Pic related it's the same as in the game. Had trouble to find the same color, all others had that shitty wood on it lol
>>
>>34784241
>shitty wood
how dare you

Back onto the topic, it's as powerful as an AK with slightly faster muzzle velocity due to it's longer barrel. Other than that, it's just a simple peasant rifle that the AK replaced once assault rifles as a concept were adopted instead of bolt action/semi auto rifles or carbines.

Basically, it's a semi-automatic AK-caliber rifle. In most situations inferior to an AK most likely.
>>
>>34784263
So it's just an older AK? That's funny, in the game the SKS is treated as a sniper rifle so when you put a foregrip, a cheek pad and a scope you become a literal god.
>>
>>34784241
In real life it has exactly the same power as an ak47 or any other standard length rifle that uses 7.62x39. Which is to say yes, it kills things.
>>
>>34784241
>PUBG
There's your problem.
>>
>>34784270
It's literally no more accurate than an AK. It shoots the same exact bullet.
>>
>>34784270
PUBG also has the nagant revolver fire the same ammunition as the SKS, AKM, and Kark98k. PUBG has some pretty loose relationships with reality. I have fun playing the game with friends, but never take anything it says about guns seriously.
>>
>>34784241

By all means, 7.62x39mm will make a pretty fucking aweful hole in you, but an AK will do just about the same. Since it's a video game, they have to make rifles
>muh sniperz
instead of anything close to realistic

One hit kills only really make sense to me when you break out the .50 BMG rifles and stuff.
>>
>>34784294
Could be considered more accurate on moving targets due to the very slightly faster muzzle velocity. 7.62x39 though doesn't benefit much from that longer barrel so it makes a maybe 3% difference.

>>34784270
Any rifle can technically be treated as a sniper rifle. Notice how in PUBG the SKS and AK have pretty much the same accuracy (At least in my practical use). There's not any distance in PUBG where I've noticed the weapon spread or accuracy make a difference unless it's a pistol.

You get a somewhat similar effect in the game if you put a scope and flash hider on the AK, just about 30-40% less damage.

It's not an older AK, it may behave like an AK ballistically with it's projectile but the way it functions is different to an AK and it's not an AK platform weapon. However, it's "controls" are pretty much the same, with the sights being extremely similar, the same type of soviet cleaning rod and also bolt handle.
>>
>>34784260
>back to runescape
>>
>>34784294
My 56 Sino-soviet is slightly more accurate than AKs are (usually).
>>
>>34784241

>calling the superior aesthetic wood shitty
>PUBG
>/k/

You're not in Kansas anymore.
>>
File: SKS.jpg (306KB, 2434x957px) Image search: [Google]
SKS.jpg
306KB, 2434x957px
First of all
>it's a game
>it'll do dumb bullshit in the name of fun and balance
>throwing a temper tantrum over it is stupid
>>34784241
>what makes it so special?
It's the semi auto sniper-ish rifle of the game, so they balanced it as such so you feel powerful with it. And I don't know who they think they're catering to putting it in that ugly-ass tapco stock. Pic related is what it should look like.
Nothing makes the sks that special IRL though, although the longer sight radius does help you shoot a bit more accurately with irons. And it's actually a much worse gun to try to scope etc than any regular ak since it lacks a good optic rail. You'd be way ahead buying almost any ak with a side rail and getting a normal side mount scope.
Also, as much as I love that game, they put the optic rail over the action of the sks, and that would cause the sks to jam on every shot IRL.
>>34784317
I'd guess they'll fix that eventually.
>>
>>34784241
>Buy SKS
>Buy 7.62x39
>Fire glorious soviet rifle
>Spend less time being (((brainwashed)))
>>
Why the fuck did any of you guys respond to the OP?
>>
>>34784423
I doubt it. More ammunition types mean that you'll find ammo for your weapon more rarely. If you had something like a Kar98, you'd only get ammunition when you find a duplicate weapon. With how it is now, you can find 7.62 ammo to fuel your weapons even if you only come across a shitty revolver spawn, because they all use the same ammo.

It works well as a gameplay mechanic, so I'm not even mad.
>>
>>34784270
WHAT IN FUCK.
KEEP CRAP OFF RIFLE.
>>
>>34784241
>In the video game PUBG it just OWNS every other gun
this is how i can tell you've never played PUBG u knob
>>
>Playing Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
>Shopping around Bobby Ray's for an AK pattern assault rifle
>Single out two rifles AKM and SA vz. 58
>They look practically the same, fire the same cartridge
>SA vz. 58 has more range, damage, and is lighter
>wiki that shit
>Its apparently a Czech made "Fuck you Soviet overlords"
>Looks the same, uses same 7.62 WP but operates completely differently
>Shares no parts with AKM and can't even accept AK mags
Some Czech designer was feeling cheeky
>>
>>34784402
Theoretically, assuming both guns are bone stock, the SKS might be very slightly more accurate than an AK.

In reality, most SKS's are beat to shit and I doubt they would outshoot a brand new ak
>>
>>34784241
>shitty wood on it
>lol
you got your knowledge from a fucking video game and don't know what the fuck you are talking about, stop trying so hard to sound cool
>>
>>34784480
Agreed. One of the things PUBG did right, and why it is so popular, is that it took the dayz formula and better adapted to what game play patterns emerged, being "shoot anyone not in teamspeak with you and hoard items to go ???". Caliber sharing takes some immersion out, as does the circle of death, but I concede the game would simply be more frustrating with more ammo types. I already get pissy trying to find optics and feed the squads primaries as is.

Protip; always carry an asspan.
>>
This is the shit Bf4 pulled and it's the reason I hated the SKS with the shitty tapco on it.
>>
This game would be perfect if all the guns were a 1-2 shot drop, with armor adding just 1-2 more bullets of resistance. People need to flinch more when they get shot, too.
Instead:
>shoot a guy 3 times in the back with M16
>he spins around and headshots me
>I die instantly
I do love the game though
>>
>>34784241
7.62x39 is pretty powerful by comparison to 5.56 and 5.45 however there is little difference between it being fired from SKS or AK.
>>
File: 1481640521106.gif (156KB, 288x229px) Image search: [Google]
1481640521106.gif
156KB, 288x229px
>>34784241
>>
>>34784241
>PUBG
There's your mistake dude.
>>
File: Professional Grade Bait.jpg (60KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
Professional Grade Bait.jpg
60KB, 400x268px
>>34784241
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.