[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nogunz here, been browsing this section for a few weeks and am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: model-8400-advanced-tactical-soc.png (630KB, 1341x550px) Image search: [Google]
model-8400-advanced-tactical-soc.png
630KB, 1341x550px
Nogunz here, been browsing this section for a few weeks and am thinking of buying a gun.
I am not 21 yet, so handguns are out of the picture. I have $12k and am thinking of getting the Kimber Advanced Tactical SOC and a reloading bench. I've never shot before, so what am I in for? Pic related, the Kimber Advanced Tactical SOG.
>>
>Kimber

No.
>>
>>34783385
Why? It looks like a really good rifle.
>>
Ruger 10/22
>>
>>34783389
I have absolutely zero experience with Kimber products, but I can say for certain that getting a fucking 4000$ rifle isn't a good way to start shooting as hobby. Get random a .22 to learn basics of marksmanship, in method of operation you prefer, semi-auto or bolt action.
>>
>>34783427
Not real worried about money, here. I have a disposable 12 grand.
I've heard bolt action is way more accurate than a semi auto, and figure this would be nice to train with. Not 21 yet, so can't buy a handgun, but when I do, that'll be fore close quarters. Till then, might as well work on my range.
>>
File: HMCj4if.jpg (677KB, 3000x1989px) Image search: [Google]
HMCj4if.jpg
677KB, 3000x1989px
>>34783389
Because Kimber is overpriced junk. They can't even build 1911s, a design that's over 100 years old. Why trust them to do a good job on a precision rifle?

For $4k you might as well buy a LWRC REPR, or spend $800 on a Savage and some glass and learn to shoot before blowing thousands on a new hobby.
>>
>>34783442
just because you can spend that much doesnt mean you should

seriously, dont fucking buy that POS, kimber is utter shit tier garbage and you shouldnt buy one

heres what you do

>go buy a 10/22, have fun with it, customize it
>get an AR-15, see above
>get a 9mm handgun of your choice, Glock 19 or S&W M&P M2.0 are good options
>GET A FUCKING REAL SAFE
>get a nice seat of eyes and ears, a good amount of ammo, and a range membership

if you buy that kimber youre going to have a $4000 turd, and the guy next to you with his brand new $1200 Ruger Precision rifle is going to kick the shit out of your targets

i refuse to stock kimber, flat out, they dont put out a quality product anymore and are purely fueled by shills and advertisements in shitty magazines

for $5k you can have a fully custom precision rifle, but for a first gun a precision rifle is a shitty choice
>>
File: 11985681.png (579KB, 655x480px) Image search: [Google]
11985681.png
579KB, 655x480px
>>34783442
>close quarters
>might as well work on my range
>>
>>34783385
I second this. Kimber is over priced af and not even all that great. you can get more gun and scope for less money.
Dont buy kimber, ever.
>>34783442
That's true in theory, but modern semis can be more accurate than some bolt guns.
And as a new shooter, every gun is going to be more accurate than you are until you learn the basics of marskmanship. Get a .22 or a simple AR, decide where to go from there. Also learn to shoot with irons before getting a scope.
>>
It's kinda hard to tell the shit talking from the advice here.
I'm not getting a 22, bc it's too weak. Guy who told me to get a handgun didn't read "not 21 yet."
But you guys did bring up a good point about a scope. I didn't even think of that. What is the best brand?
I'll buy the scope but practice with iron sights first until I'm comfortable with them. I think the Kimber Advanced Tactical SOC is the best option because I don't want to second guess myself if my shots are off. If I miss, I want to know it's because I need to train harder and not that the gun is off.
>>
>>34783497
Kimber rifles are fine, stay away from their handguns though.

Anything by Zeiss or Swarovski is going to be good to go as far as optics are concerned.
>>
>>34783389
start with a mosin or some cheap ass rifle before moving on to professional ones if youre learning the ropes.
>>
OP I say get two cheaper guns for the price of that one, also there are better bolt actions for half that price (not joking).
>>
>>34783497
>not getting a .22 Bc it's weak
Nigger you're trying to practice the basics not go boar hunting. Don't fucking start off big then go small unless you're a fucking dipshit. Buy a .22 and practice basic skills then go buy yourself whatever.
>>
>I want this gun because it looks cool, give me advice
>no your advice is wrong

Learn the basics first idiot
>>
>>34783359
>I am not 21 yet
>I have $12k
>Not real worried about money, here. I have a disposable 12 grand.
>I am not 21 yet
This has to be bait. R-right guys?
>>
>>34783606
I wish. Some ~17 yr old posted here once making over 70 grand a year with proofs, asking for pretty much the same advice.
>>
>>34783606
Probably some kid with rich parents.
>>
>>34783619
What did he do to make that much?
>>
>>34783634
I think he was selling anime merchandise online.
>>
>>34783642
Shit, I'm in the wrong business.
>>
>>34783619
It's not really the fact that he has this amount of money which bothers me. If he earned it good on him. But just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it all. Get your own fucking apartment with nice furniture that doesn't come from Ikea, buy a used car or save it for unforeseen events. It's like wanting to buy your first pistol/revolver and going balls to the wall and buy a Janz revolver. Maybe it's just because I am a poorfag.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1588x2344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1588x2344px
Tldr; Tikka CTR, 6.5 Creedmoor, vortex pst 6-24 ffp,
>>
12 grand and you are going to get a precision rifle that you won't even be able to use for it's intended purpose?

Nah fuck that, fuck getting one gun. Get 5.

Get a 10/22- $200

Get an AR15 -$500-900- Honestly in your position it's best to just get a Colt LE6920. You can trick it out later, but learn to shoot it out of the box. It will work fine

Shotgun: Mossberg Mariner - $500 - DO NOT get the fucking pistol grip stock you hollywood watching retard. Get an old fashioned shoulder stock like every shotgun should have

Precision Rifle: Ruger American in .308- Boom. Great starter precision rifle for under 500, get yourself some nice glass and it will be about 800. Is it the most accurate thing in the world, no, but neither are you, it will be just fine for starting out.

Pistol Caliber Carbine: CX4 storm. 700. Normally I'd say these are overpriced but you are rich so fuck it get one. They are good. You can start hoarding 9mm early for when you buy a pistol.

5 Guns and only spent 3600, Now buy a Gun safe, cleaning supplies, a gun safe, and some fucking classes ffs.

You have almost as much as I make in a year to spend however you like, do it the smart way.
>>
>>34783736
is on point OP

hell, you'd still have money to reload 9mm for your pistol and Pistol Caliber Carbine.

I will say earmark some of that cash for some training. You can learn by reading and experimentation but it's a hell of a lot easier if someone who actually knows the subject matter can watch you and say "hey, here's what you need to fix"
>>
>>34783423
Unironically this OP. Learn fundamentals on a cheap .22 and then buy another rifle after that.
>>
>>34783359
Kimber bolt action rifles are very high quality, if money is no object then get one.
>>
You'll get bored of it fast shooting off a bipod but every kid has a sniper fantasy so do what you want. Conventional "sniper" rifles seem so fucking boring to me now. Heavy and unwieldy only good for laying down and shooting shit far away.
>>
>>34783823
Definitely get some training. Shit If I had 12 grand I'd be taking tons of those tacticool classes (Not Yaeger's shit though), get involved with some competition shooting too. I'm poor as fuck and I envy you. There's so much cooler shit you can do with 12 grand then buying a high end precision rifle that you won't even be able to use correctly.
>>
File: 1494482120548.jpg (66KB, 486x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494482120548.jpg
66KB, 486x720px
>Hey guys I want advice
>Nah, your advice isn't what I wanted to hear so I'm going to dismiss it, even though I'm too ignorant to even know why I'm dismissing it.
Every fucking time. Go fuck yourself, I hope your dumbass impulse buy blows your fucking face off.
>>
>>34783359
>>34783497
>I'm not getting a 22, bc it's too weak.
Too weak for what? If it's for self defense don't get a bolt action. If it's for hunting then you should specify so anons can give better recommendations.
If you just want to blow a bunch of money you should spend more on a scope and safe than the gun. You'll learn your taste and buy a precision rifle you want later.
>>
>>34783606
>>34783619
>>34783621
>>34783642
>>34783645

Guys, 12,000 isn't a lot of fucking money. I worked at a McDonalds in high school, got a nice car, and still had close to 15,000 before I even moved out. When you dont have rent or bills you can pretty much just let it collect.

jeez guys save ur money better
>>
>>34784071
>When you dont have rent or bills

Let me know what you think of 12k after you've got bills.
>>
>>34784071
When you save 15,000 it's better to save it for an emergency rather than spend all of it if you have any sense.
If OP is willing to spend $12k on a gun he should have more than $12k in the bank or otherwise have parents that support him.
>>
>>34784080
I mean more than 12k left after he spends the 12k of course.
>>
>>34784071
You're a doofus if you spend more than 10% of your money on any purchase. Buy a nice SCAR and be content with having a reserve JIC.
>>
>>34784096

Oh sorry m8's I'm not OP I was just trying to explain that OP's obtaining of 12k is not unreasonable as I had a similar situation.

I spent 500 on a cheap AK and called it a day.
>>
>>34784118
Oh, I got confused. Good call dude.
>>
>>34783642
I read about this on another board here, basically what you do is setup something similar to an etsy shop or whatever then just start selling shit. Like you find a niche, order enough cheap product to fill your spare bedroom and start shilling your online store.

It was interesting, but seemed like too much work for me. Probably why I'll be forever poor.
>>
>>34783359

Seriously, Ruger 10/22 or perhaps an intermediate caliber semi-auto rifle of your choice.

By the way OP, you can get a handgun it just has to be a private sale. No FFL dealer. Check out your local armslist or something.
>>
>>34783465
>9mm
Don't listen to this faggot, get a 1911. It's the choice of men who don't smoke ttwenty packs of cocks.
>>
>>34784096
>>34784078
Yeah listen to these men, I'm still a young prick with a job but who lives with mommy and I need to handle my finances better. I've recently bought/built an AR and have spent a bit one grand, I deeply regret it now. It's too much money for just a range toy.

Any responsible man should save money for a handgun and a shotgun to defend his home and himself but all the rest is just silly.

I've come to realize that any gun over 1k is just not worth it unless you're very rich.
>>
File: thousand-dollar-meme-gun.jpg (57KB, 600x331px) Image search: [Google]
thousand-dollar-meme-gun.jpg
57KB, 600x331px
>>34784173

>b--b-bbut muh dessert eegle
>>
>>34783359
Don't buy a gun save that money for a down payment on a house.
>>
>>34783359
Beyond memeing OP's terrible decision-making skills,

OP, what do you intend to use this firearm for?
>>
>has 12k
>under 21
go to college you fucking nigger
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.