[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bow is not standard version Seriously, Russians can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1144.jpg (420KB, 1659x927px) Image search: [Google]
1144.jpg
420KB, 1659x927px
>Bow is not standard version

Seriously, Russians can't even make boats right, what's with the ugly shape. They should've just bought boats from Chinese.
>>
>>34782443
I dont see you making boats.
>>
>>34782443
I motor boated your mom last night
>>
>>34782443
What's the point of that design? Looks like making the sides fatter instead would be the better choice.
>>
>>34782443
Current ship design has a bulbous prow to reduce drag. Russians are literally outdated.
>>
>>34783708
current warship designs have bulbous bows to contain the sonar. thats the only reason, the benefit of thos bows are only at certain speed range, which are too slow/fast for warships
>>
>>34783708
Somehow I feel Russian ship designers know more about the subject than you do, and the decision to omit the bulbous bow was probably made for a reason.
>>
>>34783708

I`m sure you know what you are talking
>>
>>34783857
>omit the bulba
>>
Hopefully this design won't have any detrimental affect toward the front staying on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
>>
>>34783434
My wild guess is that they give driving through ice a higher priority than other navies.
>>
>>34783434
>>34783708

the design in OP's picture is to reduce noise to make it harder for submarines to detect until it's too late.
>>
>>34782443
What class of ship is that? All new russian frigate have bow mounted sonar
>>
>>34784221
Project 22160. Their modular patrol boat. Supposed to be able to carry container boxes that would either be anti-ship, anti- sub, land attack, towed sonar, unmanned underwater vehicles, rubber boats, regular container supplies or other stuff that they can put into a container.
>>
>>34784285
That ship is for arctic patrol right, so having bow sonar is not that important.
>>
>>34783719
Sonar isn't located in the bow numb nuts. There would be too much turbulence for it to give an accurate reading. Bulbous bows are designed to reduce drag in the water and also double as a crash compartment if designed properly .
>>
>>34786298
>googles sonar dome
>6 gorillion pictures of ships with sonar domes
>including Burke and Zumwalt

What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.