[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why this is a drawback? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: idungeddit.png (12KB, 1682x46px) Image search: [Google]
idungeddit.png
12KB, 1682x46px
Can someone explain to me why this is a drawback? I don't really understand much of economics or how factories work.
>>
>>34782238
More importantly, why do they use stamped-steel recievers in reference to AK47s?
Fucking retards
>>
>>34782238
Stamped parts = many machines = expensive
Making stamped ak's without a stamping machine built for it makes production difficult
Milled ak's are easier to produce without the machinery, as mentioned.

Was kind of confusing just reading the one sentence without the one after it
>>
It's all about start up cost. 1 machinist could turn out an AR or the like, but it takes a really large powerful press and a pair of matching dies to make AK parts. Not to mention it takes multiple presses doing single processes, like having a machine dedicated to just bending receivers.
>>
>>34782284
It's a comparison article between the AK-47 and the M-16, which covers the updated versions too. I don't fully understand how this manufacturing stuff works out so I don't think I screen-capped enough info for context.

>>34782292
>>34782293
Oh, so it needs a LOT of big expensive machines in an assembly line to produce the parts, and only comes out cheaper due to economies of scale?
>>
You can use a lathe to make anything, but a steel stamping machine can do only one thing.
>>
the equipment for producing stamped AKs is initially more expensive and complicated but it's a manufacturing method with reduced machine time and the cost evens out once you start producing in significant numbers. it's literally just bending sheet metal compared to shaping a massive block of steel into a hollow smaller block of steel. the former requires more machines than the latter but is faster to do.
>>
>>34782314
>Oh, so it needs a LOT of big expensive machines in an assembly line to produce the parts, and only comes out cheaper due to economies of scale?

Thats it exactly. If your making 100 AKs you just get a cheap CNC and mill them but if your making 100000 you get a press machine and it ends up cheaper.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.