[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody ever got one of these? Traditions "build it yourself"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: kentucky pistol.jpg (1MB, 1500x787px) Image search: [Google]
kentucky pistol.jpg
1MB, 1500x787px
Anybody ever got one of these? Traditions "build it yourself" kits. Just got the Kentucky (pic related, not mine but same kit) today. Tips for putting it together?
One issue I've immediately noticed is that the trigger guard is not going to fit into place without about a half inch more room, so that's either a lot of filing of the wood or a lot of filing with the metal. Thoughts? Good instructional videos?
>>
>>34779905

>Tips?

Measure twice, cut once. It's much easier to make sure what you're doing is done right than correcting mistakes where you fucked up because you were too hasty or tried to improvise.
>>
>>34779931

Absolutely, thanks anon. Both my parents are big into woodworking so I've got a pretty good handle on that side of things.

Actually what would be awesome is just some video instructions that just show them assembling and fitting everything together. All I can find are videos where people are showing off the progress of their current builds rather than just simple "Here's what to do, here's how you do it."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhRuUmImsbw
not that gun but same concepts pretty fun to watch this and the swivel gun being finished
>>
>>34779905
If you want to give the exposed steel parts (like the barrel) a nice patina, rub it with lemon juice or Coke overnight. It'll etch the steel and turn it a nice dark grey. It's the first thing every black powder reenactor does with their knives and locks and stuff.

>Both my parents are big into woodworking
You're in good hands then.

Didn't the beast come with instructions?
>>
>>34779959

There should be videos on YT. Maybe there is such a gun in World of Guns on Steam, where you can assemble all kinds of firearms.
>>
>>34779959
You should learn along the way and start said youtube channel. Be the meme, anon.
>>
File: downs.png (96KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
downs.png
96KB, 277x296px
>>34779905
>>
>>34779978

Awesome, thank you.

>>34779999

I was actually thinking of just bluing or browning the barrel. Before I do anything, I have to remove the writing on the barrel. There is a big "always follow clearly all written instructions when using blackpowder, never use smokeless powder blagh blagh blagh" on the barrel. Thank god it's raised lettering rather than engraved so I can just file it off later. Not really looking to be a reenactor or anything, just saw the kit for $200 bucks and thought it looked like a cool project.
It did come with instructions but I like to watch other people do it too.

>>34780036

I would love to do this but between 7 different armies spread among 3 different miniature wargames and lots and lots of guns, I just can't afford recording equipment on top of all that :(
>>
>>34779905
damn that looks fun.

Let us know if/how you fuck it up anon?
>>
File: 1500844271629.gif (985KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1500844271629.gif
985KB, 500x252px
>>34780049
>making things is for autists anon

Keep shitposting on this Venezuelan tampon fetishists' board anon, you're doing god's work.
>>
>>34779905
Do the candle soot fitting thing
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.