[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering switching my daily carry pistol. I currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: glock31_gen4_1231101.jpg (11KB, 618x343px) Image search: [Google]
glock31_gen4_1231101.jpg
11KB, 618x343px
I'm considering switching my daily carry pistol. I currently have a Smith & Wesson MP40 9MM in my undershirt holster.
I'm looking for a little more stopping power. I live in a small town in the mountains, and its not a great area.
There's been more than a few shootings from some methheads nearby in my neighborhood. Not to mention the cougars that wander into town every winter and summer. 4 were shot this last year alone. A few of my goats have gone missing already. I have my eye on a Glock 31 .357 at a local feed store. Is it worth it /k/?
>>
Full sized 1911 in .45 acp. Dont thank me, im happy to help.
>>
>>34778730
Should I get a offbrand or actual Colt?
>>
Don't use a carry pistol against cougars. If it's all you have, fine, but if you actually expect to deal with cougars on a regular basis get a carbine to keep in your truck. If you don't have a truck, but you live in an area where you expect problems with cougars, I don't understand you.

If you want as much stopping power as you can currently reasonably argue for putting in a pistol, get a 10mm. If you want to get stupid, go for a deagle, or a "pistol" variant of an AR-15, or a Draco.
>>
>>34778737
Actual Colt, you can get a base model for around 700 bucks.
>>
>>34778973
I have a 5.56 Rock River AR. I keep it in my truck but a good portion of my ranch isnt very reachable by truck. I do carry my .30-06 Remington with me everywhere I go on the ranch but that doesnt help with methheads and the such in town. My AR doesnt fit on my damn rifle rack in my truck so I carry my .30-06.
I prefer my sidearm. Of course my brother keeps urging me to get a Five-seveN but I dont want to spring 2k for a pistol.
>>
>>34778715
Glocks are trash. Buy a cheap 40usp and convert it or a p2000.
>>
>>34779289
Btw the AR is in a lock box under the seat. As i said bad area
>>
>>34779017
>Buying a colt

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

The 'offbrands' like SA(Ugh), Ruger, or Sig all make EXCELLENT guns. Do not buy a colt. Colts are overpriced for what you get.
>>
>>34779304
>Glocks are trash
Found the faggot who doesnt like something because its popular
Lemme guess, you hate multicam too?
>>
>>34779313
How do you rate the Auto Ordnance 1911's?
>>
File: 1501930988822m.jpg (64KB, 434x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501930988822m.jpg
64KB, 434x1024px
>>34779313
I'm too cheap for a Sig.
Do I look like I'm made out of dealerships?
>>
>>34779341
In the same level with the rest. Auto ordinacnes are fine.

But if you're going to actually carry a 1911, you need to get a few things.

Firstly, full beavertail. Fuck the GI safety. It's crap. Secondly, commander over full size. 4.25 is much more manageable than a full 5 inch. Carries better too. Thirdly? Shoot the ammo you carry at least once before you carry it, and BUY GOOD MAGS! CMC, Wilsons and Metalform mags all are great manufacturer magazines. Also, the standard cap of a 1911 is 8 rounds, not 7. Buy 8 rounders for carry.

Furthermore, cocked and locked. No bullshit empty chamber. No bullshit hammer down. Cocked and locked.
>>
>>34779352
Then Get an RIA or a Ruger.

Oh or an American Classic. Those are great guns. I own two, both are boringly reliable with all kinds of ammo.

Stay away from remington, kimber and Para
>>
>>34779322
Multicam is a different story, I hate Glock because I have a good amount of experience with them
>>
>>34779394
Lemme guess. Glock 23?
>>
>>34779352

>straight

disgusting desu
>>
>>34779512
>>/fa/
>>
Do yourself a favor and DO YOUR HOMEWORK regarding ammo ballistics. People pushing for a friggin 45acp in defense of a cougar are going to get you killed.
Personally, If a pistol is your choice over a rifle, a Glock 20 would
Be your best bet. 15 rounds of 10mm in a pistol around the same dimentions as the one you're used to.
Go with the high powered ammo for maximum performance. Underwood or Buffalo Bore are two commercial manufacturers that push the 10mm to its actual capabilities.
>>
File: 1498592981075.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1498592981075.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>34778715
>I currently have a Smith & Wesson MP40 9MM in my undershirt holster
You carry a motherfuckering MP40?
>>
>>34778715
If you're dead set on .357 sig, just get a conversion barrel for your M&P. For predator defense I'd look into a full power 10mm load like Buffalo Bore out of a G20SF.
>>
File: glocknade.jpg (9KB, 199x266px) Image search: [Google]
glocknade.jpg
9KB, 199x266px
>>34779769

>Glawk brand glock
>In 10mm
>With full retard ammmo

Op, if you follow this shitposter's advice, you've purchased pic related.
>>
>>34779313
But the Colt's run in the same price range as Sigs and Rugers unless you get a fawncy version. The Rugers have some tolerance issues so there really isn't a reason to pass up a Colt when they can still make those correctly.

But to answer the OP,
>mp40 9mm
Huh?
>357sig
Use a P226.
>45acp
Also fine but I don't see why you need a 1911 to use it, or why you need 45 anyway. Your odds of being ambushed by a cougar are pretty slim but anything is enough to scare them off, and 9mm is generally adequate for that species. For hiking just keep the light gun you have and carry better suited ammo. Anything will work on the methheads.
>>
>>34779786
No dick miester not a Mauser MP40.
Its officially 'Military & Police' model.
MP
>>
>>34780569
Pardon me its actually M&P manufactored by S&W
>>
>>34779304
>glocks are trash

Bahahhaha
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.