[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /k/ I'm looking for a single stack 9mm carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Help me out /k/ I'm looking for a single stack 9mm carry piece and I've narrowed it down to three.

Sig p938, glock 42, and an mp shield.

The sig seems to feel the best, but the price point seems a little fucking ridiculous.

Also, is the performance shield worth the extra money for the ported slide and night sights?
>>
>>34777139
Get a Makarov
/thread
>>
>>34777174
Real suggestions only
>>
>>34777139
Get the shield but don't get the stupid porting or the night sights. Make sure it doesn't have a safety and then pick up your own set of sights that you like.

Glock 42 and 43 are rife with issues on glocktalk.
>>
>>34777139

I hate shooting the 42, it feels to small in my big ass hands. Rather carry the 26 instead, that's not a single stack.
>>
>>34777326
Any particular reason not the sig?
>>
>>34777139
P938 is really nice as far as features go, but the design is dated and there are more reports of reliability issues than the other options have. Seems picky with ammo. I rented one and thought it was downright uncomfortable to shoot compared to the Glock and Shield, which surprised me considering the extra weight. Trigger isn't great, despite being SA.

Glock 43, you'll need extended mag plates and better sights, so there's extra expense to get the gun where you need it to be. But it's going to work, without a doubt. This is what I ended up carrying after buying a Shield that turned out to be a lemon.

Shield has a good track record, despite my bad experience. Grip feels funny in my hands, slippery. Get Talons for it. I'd get the Performance option just because it's got good sights straight out of the box at least.
>>
>>34777396
Good explanations thank you. Main reason I was steering toward the p938 is because I already have a glock 19 and the shield wasn't a whole lot smaller, mainly just thinner.
>>
>>34777464
I'm not a huge fan of Glocks (looking to sell my 17 in fact), but as far as the single stack concealed options available right now, the 43 is probably the best option.

You might want to consider getting a PPS M2 though, since Walther has a $100 back thing going on. You can nab the basic bitch model for $299 after rebate on CDNN if you don't care about night sights. I tried one and couldn't shoot it worth a damn, but I'm tempted to give it another try at that price. Feels more quality than the Shield.
>>
>>34777139
Glock 43 for 9mm instead of .380
>>
>>34777139
>>The sig seems to feel the best, but the price point seems a little fucking ridiculous.
Because you aren't shopping around.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-p938-9mm-night-sights-grey-grips.html

>Also, is the performance shield worth the extra money for the ported slide and night sights?
Don't get a ported gun for your carry gun that will get covered in lint.
>>
>>34777396
>P938 is really nice as far as features go, but the design is dated and there are more reports of reliability issues than the other options have. Seems picky with ammo. I rented one and thought it was downright uncomfortable to shoot compared to the Glock and Shield, which surprised me considering the extra weight. Trigger isn't great, despite being SA.

Some Sigs tend to have issues when first introduced, and the P938 was no exception, but there are no reports of reliability issues on current production guns. The design is based on the Mustang, which was introduced in the 1980s, when the Glock 17 was designed, so it's bizarre to call that dated (unless you are misinformed and believe it to be a miniature 1911). The P938 absolutely is not picky with ammo. Please stop spreading misinformation.

The only flaw with the design is the below average recoil management, which is going to come with any gun originally designed for .380 that was scaled up to 9mm with minimal changes to the gun.
>>
>>34777139
Might want to look into kahr. They've been pretty popular for a while now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.