[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I need some advice. I'm getting my CCW license

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 870439_01_ruger_lc380_nib_640.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
870439_01_ruger_lc380_nib_640.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
Hey /k/, I need some advice.
I'm getting my CCW license and I'm looking for a concealed carry handgun.
I've had my eyes on the LCP, the LCP2, the LC9 and the S&W Shield. Problem is, everywhere I look the results look like paid forum shilling. So I ask, which of the 4 is the best, or are all 4 shit and I should opt for something completely different?
>>
I'd definitely recommend the shield of the 4. I think most people would
>>
I'd go with the shield
I have an lcp 1 and have shot a shield some so take my limited experience for what its worth
The lcp runs fairly well but if never seen it to run 100%. Not to say any gun will run 100% but the lcp leaves some to be desired. Works 99% with self defense ammo.
Lcp also has some wierd shit like a false trigger reset and its just too damn small to run well.
For the price its still a great pocket pistol though.
I can't speak to the lcp 2

Shield is just a stellar gun overall. The trigger is a little on the meh side but the trigger really doesn't matter if you have the fundamentals down.
Still very thin and would be easy to carry.
>>
>>34774943
LCP/LCP2 is great and reliable for an ultra compact gun small enough to pocket carry if need be. The m&p is a better gun but it's a little bit larger and heavier and more expensive. Disregard the lc9.
>>
>>34775000
I wouldnt. The shield is shit. Ive seen so many of them come back into the shop with the most stupid and bullshit problems. Rust from the factory, breaking within the first 5 rounds, anything.

Rugers are a bit better but the lcp's are more pocket guns than anything else and the LC9's are a pain in the ass to field strip.

Buy a G43 or an XDS.
>>
>>34774943

my vote is for either LCP2 or LC9S

lc9 & lcp both have a long dao trigger pull lc9s & lcp2 are both striker very short trigger pull

if that is your had in pic then lc9s is better than lcp2

ditto the s&w shield is not as good as ruger lc9s or lcp2

ruger has sold like 1.5 million lcp's and lcp2 will likely also sell a zillion the lc9s is a good 9m smallish better than glockenspiels
>>
>>34774943
CZ RAMI 9mm. The best metal frame subcompact carry piece.
>>
>>34774943
Get a sig p320 and get the sub compact body kit for it.
>>
>>34775339
Op here, thanks everyone. It looks like I'll be going with the LCP2 as I was already leaning on it, and I want a small enough gun that I can carry it completely concealed with regular fitting clothing. The lc9s was on my mind but it seems pretty unanimous that it's not very good, and the shield appears to have some controversy behind it.
>>
>>34774943
I have the shield and enjoy the fuck out of it. Came with a stupid ass thumb safety but oh well I never use it, and $80 cheaper than without and I paid $200 for it with two extra mags.
>>
>>34775358
I wonder how many big black dicks she has taken.
>>
>>34776033
If you are new to shooting do not start with an LCP of any sort. They are snappy and generally not fun to shoot if you don't have some experience. Go with a shield, or get an LCP but also get a mid-full sized gun to compliment it.
>>
>>34776033
I agree with >>34778521
Unless you are dead set on pocket carry. LCP and Bodyguard can not be run hard if you haven't done a significant amount of pistol shooting. Shield and LC9 are too big to pocket carry, but are basically the smallest size you can really fight with even if you've done a lot of shooting, in my opinion.
>>
>>34778388
Shield is the tits
>>
>>34775362
Aw they have you thinking it's a subcompact. Bless your heart
>>
>>34774943
theyre all shit but out of those 3 the shield is the best choice
>>
>>34774943
I have no personal experience with the first three, but I've had the M&P Shield in 9mm for the last two years and absolutely love it.
>>
>>34778658
How are all 3 shit, and what is a better choice?
>>
>>34778608
and you can always go back and get an LCP2 later for deep concealed pocket carry, but for your first CCW it's a terrible idea unless you've been pistol shooting for years. Get a compact or subcompact. Glock 43, M&P Shield, Walther PPS. Or buy both a LCP and a mid-full sized gun to practice on. Don't get JUST an LCP, you'd be seriously underarming yourself and giving yourself some really bad habits.
>>
>>34778692
Agreed
>>
>>34774943
Carry a full sized 1911 lile a normal person, jackass.
>>
>>34778608
I have a couple handguns, an AR, and a semiauto shotgun, I just want something easy to conceal as the handguns I have are somewhat bulky.
>>
>>34775056
Bullshit
>>
>>34774943
>LCP
Pretty good pocket gun. Hard to shoot because of a lot of reasons, which is a big negative. Trying my hardest, I was able to off-hand 1.5" groups at 7 yards with slow fire, but I can't do that reliably, under stress or fast. The grip feels way too small, the trigger is heavy with a long snap after it breaks (overtravel), and the sights are hard to see.

>LCP2
Also a good pocket gun, but a little fatter than the LCP, which, combined with the trigger and sights, makes it easier to shoot, but it's still not going to be exactly beginner friendly due to the snappiness. It has the issue of being able to accidentally engage the slide lock from your thumb jostling around under recoil, can be trained around, but is still an issue. It's an OK gun to carry IWB. The main advantage of either the LCP or the LCP II is the extremely light weight, at only like 10 ounces unloaded.

>LC9(s) and S&W Shield
These are fine guns. This size class tends to be a little large, since they're modeled around subcompact double stacks that were just sliced in half, the LC9 being an exception to this design principle but still large nonetheless. The Shield is also pretty heavy. The LC9 and LC9s have the same issue that the LCP II has of being able to accidentally engage the slide lock while firing.

I've owned an original LCP, LCP Custom and currently own an LCP II. I've never had a jam with any of these guns, although, like I said, the LCP II is susceptible to your thumb holding the slide open accidentally, which I consider a design flaw, but you can also train around it and it won't be an issue.

Other guns I would recommend are the Sig P238/P938 and Glock 42/43. The Walther PPS(M2) is supposed to be good, but I have no experience with them. My main carry gun is a Sig P938 and I've carried a P238 before. Both are great. The P938 kicks like a mule, while the P238 snaps, but isn't painful.
>>
>>34774943
I bought an LC9S when I started buying my own guns. it was fine for what it was but I sold it for a real gun.
>>
LCP2 of the 4. Skip the lcp 1, they have problems and were just keltec clones. The Pro fixed some of them but it's still not great. The lc9 had the same problems but with even shittier recoil and those have the S version. Shields are decent but I don't like them myself; mushy trigger, long grip, stiff controls. If I were looking I'd probably try to find a used P238 and work my way down the list. Glock42s are nice.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.