[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E5 muhreen here, heavily debating reenlisting. I have 3 job opportunities,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1499143126211.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1499143126211.webm
1MB, 720x404px
E5 muhreen here, heavily debating reenlisting. I have 3 job opportunities, 2 of which I am completely uninterested in, Drill Instructor, and Recruiter. The third is embassy guard which I am mildly interested in, but it's a 6 year commitment. The first 3 years will be in some shithole, probably Lybia, or Egypt or some hellhole, but the second phase I get to pick where I go. I was thinking Japan, Korea, or Germany might be nice.
I want to go for MARSOC again, but it will be at LEAST 18 months before I can MAYBE get a spot, I washed out the first time, and the corps is currently downsizing 03xx MOSs, and putting us in more POG positions when we reenlist.

Wat do?
>>
Be an adult. Weigh your options and make up your own mind.
>>
>>34772919
Do something that'll help you find a job in civ life, even if your mos is pog as fuck
>>
>>34772919
are you a POC?
>>
>>34772919
Hello mate, Been in a similar situation to yourself.

I've been doing embassy work for the past 3 years, pretty good job to be fair, but i've being doing liaison work rather than anything else.

is the embassy guard private sector? or through the foreign department (state department of something? i don't know)?
>>
>>34772937
Adults need advice too anon

>>34772949
I was told those were the only 3 positions available to me.

>>34772951
I'm a mutt, but I'm pretty white, so no.

>>34772959
It's through a department of the Marine Corps, and requires top secret clearance (which I have) and additional training. The job is basically to protect (and destroy if necessary) classified information, and HVTs.
>>
>>34772995
Go for it, if its anything like our embassy security (who are mostly marines too) you'll enjoy it, good career prospects and possibility to get an overpaid desk job after a while
>>
>>34772919
>washed out of MARSOC
How?
>>
>>34772919
I'd do the embassy gig if I knew I was going to be guranteed a decent one like the IZ in Baghdad
>>
>>34773013
I passed out in the pool on day 16 and couldn't tell the instructor my name when I came to. Shitty day.

>>34773038
I don't get to pick my first duty station
>>
>>34772919
Go for the embassy gig.
>>
>>34772919
Sexton?
>>
>>34772919
Well Marine, do you enjoy peace time? Are you dependant on Uncle Sam?

I was an e4 0311 back in 2010. It really depends on the man. If you reenlist you'll be in a staff position. I chose to get out and move on. I suggest you do the same unless you choose to do the same.

Maybe you can do 8, but the guys who do 12 or 16 without the full 20 for the pension are retarded. One devil to another, just get out dude.
>>
File: tiny enraged SNCO.jpg (168KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tiny enraged SNCO.jpg
168KB, 1920x1080px
>reenlisting

Find me one E-7 or above that isn't a fucking loser.
>>
>>34772919
Stay in, use TA, get a degree. Jobs are harder to find out than the steady paycheck of being in. Also, right now you have the ability to tell people to fuck off, can't do that once you're out.

If you then really want to get out, I hear ICE is hiring
>>
>>34772919
Being an embassy guard i'd imagine you'd get plenty of time to study and afterwards you can apply for the DSS
>>
>>34773635
Are you serious? I tell people above and below me to fuck off on the regular as a civ. Something I could never do as a marine. How the fuck you gonna tell some E7 to fuck off as an E5 you fucking neverserved?
>>
Honestly op I think the only thing that makes sense is 4 and out or do the whole 20. Embassy duty is the exception and I think you should do it. It will look great on your resume and you will be able to work on the daily with non military people. This is the closest thing you can get to a civ job while still being in. If after 6 yrs you say fuck it and get out it won't be as retarded as doing 10 yrs in the fleet and leaving.
>>
>>34772919
Done some embassy work, and id recommend it. You can easily transition to a PMC company that does nothing but embassy security later.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.