[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr gun babby in need of spoonfeeding i am a complete fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

tl;dr gun babby in need of spoonfeeding

i am a complete fucking idiot and i don't know the first thing about the process of obtaining a gun so i have some noob questions. i would use google but every fucking thing i find is either too general to be useful, nogunz propaganda, or some shitty blog trying to shill products that i don't want. also you guys seem to have a tremendous amount of experience and insight that i don't think i can find anywhere else. so feel free to roast me but please at least answer all the questions before the bump limit. if you don't want to type out a whole answer and just give me a link to some website that would answer all this for me that would be fantastic too.

>what happens when you walk into a gun dealer or a gun show and say "hello sir i would like to purchase weapon." in fact, what's the meaningful difference between buying a gun at a show vs a dealer and what should i know going into either of them?
>ultimately i just want a couple handguns (probably in the neighborhood of .45 ACP but that's subject to change) and an AK VEPR. what, if any, licenses or permits would i need to obtain them and what does getting those permits involve?
>how can i tell if i'm being jewed? i'm especially worried about the AK, i want to be able to look at a gun and know if it's well-made or shoddy pig iron bullshit. are there any resources that demonstrate what an AK "should" look like, in general?
>how/where can i learn about gun anatomy? if some dealer is prattling on about the specs of a gun i want to know what the hell he's talking about
>>
Firstly, what state you in?
also
City or rural?
>>
OK. First off, what state do you live in? Different states have different laws. The basic process in most states involves picking your gun(s) you want then filling out a form called the 4473. After that's filled out, a background check is run on you. Usually takes less than 10 minutes.

As for the AK, read this
https://pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
>>
>>34771592
>>34771581
colorado

this place is turning into california and i can feel the gun control swooping up from over the rockies the way a farmer senses a storm
>>
>>34771545
Fuck off antifa
>>
>>34771606
Looks liks you do not need a permit to purchase. Denver seems to have an assault weapon ban in place though. There's also a magazine capacity restriction of 15 rounds. That sucks.
>>
>what happens when you walk into a gun dealer or a gun show and say "hello sir i would like to purchase weapon." in fact, what's the meaningful difference between buying a gun at a show vs a dealer and what should i know going into either of them?

Gun stores will be better at giving advice, reccomendations,and general info. Gun shows are 99% people just trying to make quick money and will bump up prices, lie, and sweet talk. Basically until you know your shit, don't bother with a gunshow. Also at the gunstore, you can get your gun cases, cleaning supplies, locks, etc at the same place which is convenient.

>ultimately i just want a couple handguns (probably in the neighborhood of .45 ACP but that's subject to change) and an AK VEPR. what, if any, licenses or permits would i need to obtain them and what does getting those permits involve?

State dependent. I am not from Colorado so I can't help you.

>how can i tell if i'm being jewed? i'm especially worried about the AK, i want to be able to look at a gun and know if it's well-made or shoddy pig iron bullshit. are there any resources that demonstrate what an AK "should" look like, in general?

Learn what brands are repuatable and learn about ak's in general by visiting the /akg/ thread (ak general) (look in the /k/ catalog)
Generally the thing you want to look out for is canted sights.

>how/where can i learn about gun anatomy? if some dealer is prattling on about the specs of a gun i want to know what the hell he's talking about

Watch youtube videos specific to the gun you want.
>>
>>34771621
you misunderstand. i want to DEFEND myself from antifa
>>
>>34771606
Greeley here, just go to the store with ID. Background check for 10 mins. Give them money. Buy ammo. Leave.

Go to Liberty Firearms institute near Loveland, it is fucking great.
>>
>>34771636
thank you friend, that advice about gun shows is exactly what i needed

/thread
>>
>>34771649
>Go to Liberty Firearms institute near Loveland, it is fucking great.

holy shit excellent rec thank you
>>
>>34771670
A bit more info. Be sure to go on your birthday, YOU GET TO SHOOT A GATLING GUN!
>>
>>34771545
Learn your state gun laws. That will tell you what you need to do to buy one.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/

In free states it's as simple as walking into a gun store, selecting a gun, filling out a one page form called a 4473 (you'll need a driver's license), waiting 15 minutes while the dealer calls NICS, giving the dealer money for the gun, and walking out with the gun.

Buy a common brand of handgun in a common caliber. It won't be your perfect gun. That comes later after you have some experience and know what you like and don't like. Don't overthink it. If you avoid buying some ridiculous shit like a Desert Eagle or .44 magnum as your first gun then you're doing better than most of the mongoloids who do. Glock, Sig, HK, Colt, S&W, Walther, FN, Ruger in 9mm, .40 S&W, or .45 ACP will all be serviceable and a decent first. It doesn't matter which. Just pick one of those that tickles your fancy.

Pistols are cheap right now so Google the prices at Bud's or CDNN for comparison to the local LGS so the fudds don't screw you and look for rebate programs that most of the major makers are running right now.

Buy a cleaning kit at Walmart for $10 or whatever they cost.

That's it. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>34771697
Should also mention don't do the 4473 route if you have DV, felony, institutionalized etc.
>>
>>34771741
Indeed. I forgot what site I was on for a moment.
>>
>>34771678
WAIT WHAT REALLY
>>
>>34771799
Look it up. Liberty Firearms institute Gatling gun from the late 1800s. It's on YouTube if ya want to look.
>>
>>34771808
Fuck it. Imma link the tour.

https://youtu.be/eriPDpxDK5w
>>
>>34771606
Colorado hasn't banned rebuild kits so you can in theory get whatever mag you want. No one enforces the mag laws in Colorado so don't sweat it.
>>
>>34771545

go to local gun range and take the $100 intro class. you will learn the basics & get to try a few different pistols & revolvers, learn about process to buy gun etc
>>
>>34771545

Funshop owner here, all information is dependent on state laws, where OP resides, since I don't know colorado's laws in specific, make sure to check.
>what happens when you walk into a gun dealer or a gun show and say "hello sir i would like to purchase weapon."

You select a firearm, agree on price, fill out a BATFE 4473 form for purchase, show required identification, await background check, and appropriate state mandated waiting periods, take gun home. Congrats, you're a gun owner now.

Avoid gun shows completely, until you're more comfortable with firearms, and their intrinsic values. this is an easy place to get scammed, and quickly, unless you're buying jerky

Buying from a dealer will give you numerous benefits, depending on the dealer you selected.. if they're worth their salt, then they will help you select a firearm, by pointing out it's benefits, and detractors, without pointing you towards a specific firearm, instead they'll offer choices and allow you to choose.

Firearm anatomy is easy enough through a cursory google search, so I won't bother with that, simple understandings of metallurgy will allow you to discern shitty 'pig iron' from decent steel, again, google searchable.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.