[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm just now getting into weapons and want to conceal both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled1.png (1019KB, 977x551px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
1019KB, 977x551px
i'm just now getting into weapons and want to conceal both a knife and a gun for self defense and possibly a visit to the range or two a month

i've already decided on getting a serrated gerber obsidian but i need more intel on the gun choice

here are some of the things i know that i want
>revolver
>silver
>nose that's long enough for fair accuracy but not so long that it's cumbersome to pull out of one of those in pants holsters
>wooden handle
>affordable but not so cheap that it decimates my hand when i'm getting mugged

i just need to know what brands to look at, what prices to expect, what type of bullets are most optimal and other things that a noob like me should know pertaining to revolvers
>>
>silver
enjoy getting rust from literally anything that has ozone in it, i.e water
>>
>>34770206
I mean if a black one would be better then so be it
>>
What do you consider cheap?
>>
>>34770190
Nigger why do you insist on getting a revolver? Let alone a "silver" or "affordable" one?
>>
>>34770190
mate why....why do you want to carry a wheelgun?
>>
>>34770190
OP let me tell you, the first hand gun I ever bought was a colt single action army to take to the range. I sold it and bought a CZ 75B. Don't get a fucking revolver.
>>
Ruger SP101 with wood grips in .357 mag (you can shoot 38 special with it as well). Should be $500 +- a little bit.

If you're not going to conceal carry it and want a fun gun that can be useful for outdoors, a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum may tickle your fancy.

You're looking for a stainless steel revolver, not "silver".

You're also not going to get a long sight radius with a concealable revolver. If you want to conceal carry a revolver, a Ruger LCR is probably your best option.
>>
>>34770190
At the moment, using a charter arms undercover in 38 spl with a 3 inch barrel with crimson trace grips. Got a very good deal on it.
>>
>>34770190
Probably looking at a 4 in barrel. If cost is a major factor the ruger gp100 is probably your poison. TONS of SW686 vs Ruger GP100 threads out there. Really though, it's what points naturally for you.
>>
>>34770190
>i'm just now getting into weapons and want to conceal both a knife and a gun for self defense

If you have a gun you don't need a knife.

Pepper spray is better than a knife because it doesn't require being in grapple distance with the assailant.

Fuck a cane or an umbrella would give you some distance at least too.

Knifes are only a defensive weapon when literally nothing with greater reach is available. Otherwise as a weapon they are for shanking or menacing threats.

>here are some of the things i know that i want
>revolver
They do make some for conceal carry but you're otherwise going to be rather limited for rounds and the cylinder is always going to be about as thick as most double-stack semi-autos.

>silver
I know you mean color approximation but this is Stainless Steel you are referring to.

Modern S&Ws will likely be your choice then.

>nose that's long enough for fair accuracy but not so long that it's cumbersome to pull out of one of those in pants holsters

At the expense of sounding like a Californian this isn't the wild west anymore. Do you have any idea how hard it is to conceal carry something like your OP image?

Snub-nose is basically your only option. You don't need to worry about much accuracy at CCW utility purposes. Hit center-mass of a human size torso within 7 yards.

>wooden handle
>affordable but not so cheap that it decimates my hand when i'm getting mugged

No.

If you are worried about the impact to your hand you want rubber grips.

Compact revolvers have the worse fucking kick absent going full blown Dirty Harry and beyond calibers. It's the compromise because of how light and how short the gun is. Even if you're just using .38 Special.

Little known or understood fact even among the gun community. Shit like S&W's 642s are commonly recommended by gun dealers for women because "its simple and little gun for the little lady".

The first part is true, they are simpler, but good lord is the kick underestimated.
>>
>>34770356
There's a massive difference between a fucking single action army and a modern DA revolver.
>>
>>34770190
>tfw no long-nosed silver revolver with wooden handle and optimal bullets

I recommend getting one with an external cocker, adjustable aimers, at least 6 bullet holes, and a push-button spinner unleasher.
>>
File: I don't know man.jpg (13KB, 464x550px) Image search: [Google]
I don't know man.jpg
13KB, 464x550px
hey guys thank you so much for taking time to make suggestions

but I just talked this out with the senpai and........honestly I live in south orange county California and maybe I don't really need to carry

plus I'm 6'3" and pretty hefty so I'm already pretty intimidating to a good majority of muggers

but if an unlikely situation like that somehow happens, I will definitely start carrying and will take all of your advice into consideration
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.