[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the world's militaries look like if the USSR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 365e4e58e822de829ab14ea7bec47e6a.jpg (652KB, 2742x3799px) Image search: [Google]
365e4e58e822de829ab14ea7bec47e6a.jpg
652KB, 2742x3799px
Let's have a bit of fun with a what if:

In this timeline the 91 Coup happened, and was still defeated, but the Union of Sovereign States/USS isn't shelved and goes through as originally intended. The Warsaw Pact collapsed as per the original timeline. This leaves a mostly intact post-USSR that still suffers from the problems the USSR did, and the successor states, so there would likely be reduced military spending, but nothing on the scale of what happened after the dissolution of the union in real life. While the USS would almost certainly move further from communism, this wouldn't necessarily translate into less international tension, because it would lack the Warsaw Pact buffers, it would still represent a major power bloc with interests against the West's and there would still be a great deal of changes happening geopolitically and a lot of uncertainty relating to that.

So let's assume the Cold War doesn't end, but changes. What would this mean for military procurement in the past three decades? What would the US military look like now, and the USS? What about the rest of NATO and former WP? I would imagine we'd see stuff like wider F-22 production, the Commanche would have been built, we'd have Seawolfs rather than Virginias, but what else? What would happen politically in Europe? How would China's rise compare?

TL;DR - The USSR survives as the USS, minus the Warsaw Pact, what happens to the world, and what happens to its armies?
>>
Opium or heroin fueled this thought process, didn't it?
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.