[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk about body armor... Why aren't dick flap plates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: imtv.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
imtv.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
Real talk about body armor... Why aren't dick flap plates a thing and why aren't there better options for groin protection in general? Is it just because it inhibits mobility or is there more to it?
>>
>>34768545
Inhibits mobility, overall weight, and unfortunately it's not vital to life enough
>>
>>34768545
Try sprinting with a 4 pound plate slapping you in the balls with every step. Not so fun now is it m8.
>>
>>34768545
Dick flaps suck, let alone if it had a plate too.
>>
>>34768545
Wartime dicks-shot-off isn't a figure in the evening news. Wartime deaths are.
>>
>>34768545
only real solution is to put kevlar or a plastic plate on that part. mobility is hell of important
>>
>>34768545
if a round pierces your thigh and goes through the leg, your balls are unprotected from it. if you get at the right angle, no dick plate or even a ballistic cup can protect your jewels. you can even get shot in your ass and the round will find a way to bounce in the general direction to your testes. there's no definitive way to protect your nuts.
>>
It's really a femoral artery flap. If you get your dick shot off, the VA will cover your titty augmentation.
>>
Your typical 11b is already carrying around a minimum of 90+ lbs of gear. Adding yet more weight is not the solution, especially when troops are already ditching armor that they find to be superfluous.
>>
>>34768570
>>34768572
>>34768593
>>34768614
>>34768619
>>34768631
>>34768636
>>34768599
Honest to God though, getting your dick/balls blown off or damaged to the point where they don't function seems only second to being paralyzed or dying. Fuck living the rest of your life with your junk blown off and no legs, I'd rather at least keep my junk and have no legs.
>>
File: First Man protective suit.jpg (100KB, 1244x999px) Image search: [Google]
First Man protective suit.jpg
100KB, 1244x999px
>>34768545
>Why aren't dick flap plates a thing
They are. Heck, there are literal full-body armors with plates for every part of your body.
Plates are just heavy and impractical for some tasks.

Stuff like this is mostly used by room-breaching pointmen.
>>
>>34768570
the arteries there are the main concern you can seriously die in minutes from a shot there and if you get shot in the groin they can't even tq it off.
>>
File: ballistic diapers.jpg (3MB, 3000x1988px) Image search: [Google]
ballistic diapers.jpg
3MB, 3000x1988px
>>34768545
>why aren't there better options for groin protection in general?
There are these "Battle diapers" as folks in Queen's land call them. Practically kevlar-lined armor panties you wear on top of your uniform.
>>
>>34769096
Seems like a decent solution tbqh, nice.
>>
>>34768981
is this the anti-masturbation cross kid all grown up?
>>
It's a small, some smaller than others, and not immediately lethal target.
Besides, if you're taking cover properly your cock shouldn't be in the firing line.
>>
>>34769319
>let's just ignore that the majority of causalities most first world armies face are IED threats that routinely castrate people
Hmmm
>>
>>34769336
*are from IED
>>
>>34768570
>it's not vital to life enough
go tell that to veterans who had their dicks blown off along their legs by IEDs
>>
>>34769402
This. What's the point of saving their life if 1/3 of them will drinking themselves to death and the another 1/3 will just kill themselves out right.
>>
>>34768981
>human beans kill with their hands
>armor covers everything but the arms and hands
>>
File: full body armor.jpg (146KB, 827x827px) Image search: [Google]
full body armor.jpg
146KB, 827x827px
>>34769463
You also need to be able to MOVE and HOLD UP your arms when operating a firearm and shit, something a pile of ½ kilogram plates strapped on them hands would greatly hinder.

That being said, the best option would be a lightweight soft armor sleeves like these. Level IIIA Dyneema panels would be feather light and stop everything from grenade frag to .44 Magnum.
>>
>>34769463
I'd rather live with an arm blown off than my dick blown off or bleeding own after getting shot in the thigh.
>>
>>34769492
lmao don't be such a cute little twink
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.