[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Canada's C7A2? I'm interested in joining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: c7a2-automatic-rifle-m.jpg (74KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
c7a2-automatic-rifle-m.jpg
74KB, 700x350px
Thoughts on Canada's C7A2?

I'm interested in joining the Canadian Armed Forces. Anyone here a member? What do you wish you knew before you signed up that you know now? How was BMQ; any tips?
>>
Putting an elcan on a rifle is so fucking silly.
>>
>>34767802
wtf else would you put an elcan on
>>
>>34767802
Daft cunt.
>>
Why didn't the US put a collapsible stock on the M16A4 at some point? or taking a carbine to shoot at Muslims 700 meters away is just better that way?
>>
>>34767821
>>34767832
His statement is incorrect, but the C79 as a rifle sight is a mistake.
>>
>>34767751

It's good, it's not mind blowing, it's just an AR variant.

More optimized for cold weather than your standard M16
>>
Good rifle, though I've seen several stocks broken and needed to be paid for. C79 is also a massive piece of shit.
>>
File: 33542455332_0ecf1fa327_z.jpg (164KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
33542455332_0ecf1fa327_z.jpg
164KB, 640x469px
>>34767751
dont be fat and be able to run and itll be easier for you. but dont worry about failing because even most retarded of fucks pass
>>
>>34767915
I'm in good physical shape, so I'm not really worried about failing the program.

I'm retarded on the different units. The regiment I want to join is armoured reconnaissance. I know what they do, but what have you heard of them? How much action do they actually see?
>>
Teach yourself a few basic, handy French terms and phrases. They just might come handy and win you the certain people's trust.
>>
>>34768082
>Teach yourself a few basic, handy French terms and phrases.

Like what?
>>
>>34768094
all the curse words, obviously.
>>
>>34767959
>armoured recce
i assume reservist so you'll probably see no real action to be honest.

in terms of my experience with them, I see them driving around in their little g-wagons on exercises and other times they're invariably driving MILCOTs or some other truck around doing boring general duties shit -- only benefit I've heard about armoured recce is that their DP1 is super short

why not go infantry?
>>
>>34768094

Left, right, stop, march. If on your grad parade there's a french platoon, all the foot drill is done in french and rifle drill in english. Theres always someone who fucks up and ends up turning the wrong way.
>>
>>34768128
Tbh the armoured recce was just the closest base to my house. I think between armoured recce and infantry, I'd go with infantry, which means joining The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada or the The Royal Regiment of Canada. Whats the land course like? I do have a degree; would you recommend training for infantry officer?
>>
>>34767751
>how was BMQ
Too easy. Came in really fat (235lbs at 5'11"), and don't think I should have made the PT requirements. It was difficult for me, but I felt it should have been borderline impossible. Some fat dumb 270 lbs fuck made it through, and so did a 5'1" chubby womanlet.
>>
>>34767751
Im joining next year. But im 25 so feel a bit insecure joining so late. But will be officer school so who cares i guess.

I just wanna be a company commander one day.
>>
>>34768202

my friend told me people actually hook up during bmq. was he pulling my leg or is discipline that lakcing?
>>
>>34768239

It happens, the staff rarely inspect your floor during the weekends so you can easily break the rules
>>
>>34768181
QOR and RCR have good niggas, but If I were in your position I'd go QOR since you have the opportunity to go airborne. they're like the only reserve unit in canada with a jump company.

bmq-l was pretty fucking fun, no lie. really started to feel like you're in the army since you got batshit crazy infantry MCpl with tours under their belt raping you every living second. you get to learn how to do basic infantry shit - patrolling, c9, section attacks, trench warfare etc if my memory serves right

as for officer route? up to you to decide based on your goals. though remember tonnes of people with degrees in the enlisted ranks too. half the pte's coming to basic from Toronto are from UofT when I was in basic lol
>>
>>34768202

That's reassuring, doing my physical on Tuesday and I was worried I might not make the requirements.

I'm not fat, I'm just a heavy smoker and only started running again when I applied.
>>
>>34768214

The videos they were showing in the recruiting office had all the BMQ recruits in their early thirties. Don't even give it a thought mang.
>>
>>34767883
What do they do to optimize it?

Do they change the gas port size or something?
>>
>>34768133
Thanks!

>>34768297
Thanks for all the info. What have you heard of the Queen's York Rangers?
>>
Is this rifle basically a 20 inch upper on a carbine lower?
>>
>>34768128
>why not go infantry?

Because not everyone wants to blow their backs, knees, and shoulders in their 20's.
>>
File: 1449670695728.jpg (76KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
1449670695728.jpg
76KB, 500x552px
>>34767915
>>34768128
>want to wear my own vest/plate carrier because the issued vest is more meant for garrison training rather than infantry work
>get told that brigade has a severe hard-on for non-issued kit and has even charged troops
>see other troops with their shit that's 10x better than the issued shit

Even OTW-shirts are barely acceptable, 31 brigade is retarded.
>>
>>34768335
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/30/canadian-c7-different-m16/
>>
>>34769195
32 master race
>>
>>34767751
I got to play with an A1 once with live ammo and an A2 with a special compressed gas system that stimulated recoil. It certainly shoots straight and basically doesn't kick at fucking all, and the ergos and controls are decent, but I can't exactly speak to its reliability. I can tell you that the A1 is way heavier than it looks while the A2 is lighter than seems possible. But as far as I know, it's basically just an M16 with a couple of modifications and a shiny new designation. It's no more special than any other AR pattern.
>>
File: lfca-33cbg.jpg (239KB, 368x543px) Image search: [Google]
lfca-33cbg.jpg
239KB, 368x543px
>>34769454
>niggapls
>>
>>34767821
They are ridiculously large and the reticle itself is quite a clusterfuck without much of a precise center point do the reticle. The US uses them on machine guns due their size and more of a half reflex/half precision type crosshairs. I just think they aren't so great as far as marksmanship even though it give you a fixed 3x or something magnification. Acogs are better. Pretty sure Canada bought surplus used ones from the US anyway.
>>
>>34770159
Also. Look at how high that thing sits on the rail.
>>
File: 1415124169259.jpg (29KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
1415124169259.jpg
29KB, 382x597px
>>34768128
>why not go infantry?
Because some of us can read.
>>34767959
Did they tell you about the GIB? You're going to be a GIB for a good while, friend.
>How much action do they actually see?
Unless you eventually go Regular the most "action" you are going to see will involve sandbagging the Red River, aiding evacuations, or preparing for USAR if you're a coastie.
>>
I used to be a signaller in the reserves. Is it worth it going back if I just want to afford bills in this shithole ontario?
>>
>>34771679
So what would you say, armoured recce or infantry? Just looking to be a reserve for now till I figure my lifeo ut.

Also what's GIB?
>>
>>34770159
Nice b8 faggot
>>
>>34772979
You're fucking 12 and retarded. Youve probably never even looked through this optic outside of video games you homosexual sperg
>>
>>34772979
Literally nothing he said is wrong. The C79 reticle is dogshit, the reticles are shit one by the ACOG offerings, and it generally is inferior to the ACOG all around. The glass is worse, the adjustments are external, the mounts are horrible in every way includting RTZ. About the only thing it has going for it is eye-relied, and with the way they're set up on a C7A2 you're going to be practically N2CH anyways so even that doesn't amount to much.
>>
>>34769195
You're never going to be allowed to wear your own plate carrier/body armor. I've seen some guys get away with there own chest rigs but only if they've gone on tour.

Also it really does suck being in 31 brigade
>>
>>34771679
>Because some of us can read.
That's something a fat person would say
>>
>>34773905
You've never been out west eh?
>>
>>34767751

>20 inch barrel
>Full length gas system
>Collapsible buttstock

I can't tell if that's aesthetic or ugly
>>
>>34768606

Yeah but I think the lower has an accuwedge
>>
>>34769660
Mah nigga.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.