[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be in the mall >Have no weapon >SUDDENLY ACTIVE SHOOTERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1358707998988.jpg (32KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1358707998988.jpg
32KB, 500x285px
>Be in the mall
>Have no weapon
>SUDDENLY ACTIVE SHOOTERS BEGIN THEIR KILLING SPREE!
>Follow run, hide, fight doctrine
>Due to drastic situation, you have to fight
>You somehow win and eliminate one shooter
>Other is taking down other part of the mall and you can still hear him shooting

What's the best course of action in such a situation? If you pick up a gun, you maximize your chances against another active shooter in case if you encounter him. However, the response team will most likely take down any armed individual they encounter - so in another way, it's lowering your chances of survival. What is the optimal choice?
>>
>>34766556
>However, the response team will most likely take down any armed individual they encounter

So what? It takes 0.2 seconds to drop a firearm and 5-10 minutes for first responders to arrive.

Why would I not want a gun?
>>
My goal is to survive, not be a fucking hero. I have no connection to any of these people. I will not go out of my way to risk my life to save others.

If I'm forced to fight one shooter and do not have to fight the other, I won't.
>>
>>34766586

Because all the first responders know is there is someone shooting up the mall. They roll up, see you holding dead guys gun. Who do you think they're gonna target.

You run after you take the first guy out.
>>
>>34766556
Run.
>>
>>34766604
Well you'd still be in a survival mindset, so running around in the open isn't a good option anyways. And on the off chance shooter #2 gets taken out, again you have plenty of time before responders arrive to de-weapon yourself
>>
>>34766556
call the cops and leave

leave the gun, you dont want your prints or w/e on it and you dont wanna get charged with anything by accident. you especially dont want to be mistaken for the shooter
>>
>>34766556
Take the gun and run away. Free gun.
>>
Grab gun, orange juice, pie and some mixed drinks then go beat his ass and hopefully get a sweet boss weapon
>>
Round up everyone still alive in immediate vicinity and shack up in defensible location with gun.
>>
>>34766595

Jesus Christ, aspire to something
>>
>>34772831
No, that's pretty much the only right answer here.

People that are hiding and see you approach with a gun will panic and fight you, police that arrive and see you with a gun will likely shoot you, concealed carriers responding will likely see and shoot you.

Dispatching one of two shooters pretty much offers up opportunity to a much larger number of people than if you hadn't.
>>
Due to a drastic situation you are now in jail confirmed to be the 3rd shooter the police are going to search your house and browsing history how fucked are you?
>>
>>34773367
If anything, it could bolster the case for an insanity plea.
>>
yell "undercover officer" the whole time so that first responders don't ventilate you
>>
>>34773367
show them the google glass / bodycam footage that I have with me 24/7. Scott free.
>>
>>34766556
> Shooter starts popping shots nearby.
> Start recording footage with cellular device, sock shooter out cold
> Take his weapon, check the magazine and chamber.
> If it isn't viable to use his weapon, drop the magazine and clear the chamber.
> If it's viable to use his weapon, advance on the shooter.
> If unable to reach the other shooter in time to put him down, disarm when responders arrive and inform them of the situation when withdrawn.
> If able to reach the other shooter in time, turn the fucker into vapor before disarming to await responders and detainment until I can set the story straight because I decided to be an hero.
> If die, footage is not kill and I am an hero.
>>
sneak up behind for a silent nonlethal takedown
>>
>>34766604
What part of
>takes 0.2 seconds to drop a firearm
Are you struggling with?
>>
>>34766556

Check if he dropped any loot then run to safety so I can call my lawyer and get ready to explain to the police why I just shot someone.
>>
>>34766556
disable the gun as quick as possible and run
>>
>>34773367
>mall
>lots of security cameras
>confirmed 3rd shooter
Unless you just started shooting civilians for fun this wouldn't happen.
>>
>>34766796
>you have plenty of time

and if there are off-duty police at the mall ?

not much time then
>>
>>34774367
Remember, no Russian
>>
>>34774367
>he doesn't go for points
do you even listen to the antis? Don't you know that if you try to protect yourself, you'll only make it worse by spraying into the crowd
>>
File: IMG_4155.jpg (92KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4155.jpg
92KB, 1024x512px
Only idiots fight

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QUCW_mk35Xc

Britain has it right - Run, Hide and Tell the police.

Enjoy trying to fight against an AK
>>
>>34774813
This. Don't actively seek out the shooter. Barricade yourself and anyone else in a room, set up in a defensive position, and call the cops.
>>
>Control the firearm
>Move to cover
>Ensure it is loaded and in working order
>Call 911
>"I am in X mall, at Y location, wearing Z. I have subdued one active shooter, he is here. I am holding my position."
>Stay on the line

If the other shooter wanders by, ventilate him.
>>
>>34766556

Just leave, don't touch the shooters weapon any more than you already have and exit the scene.

People are saying you'll have plenty of time to discard the weapon in the event of first responders being on scene but that's not a guarantee, if they see you before you see them you will will most likely be fired upon before you have a chance to react. Why take that chance?

Also, running around with a firearm in that situation where there are almost certainly concealed carries present is a guarantee that you're going to make a bad situation worse when another an hero decides to open up on you.

It's not worth your life, or potentially the lives of others, to play hero in a situation best left to the men and women who train for these scenarios.
>>
>>34774824
yeah even in the military, that's the SOP for an active shooter situation

if you're just some dude in an office or mall or w/e, there's no sense trying to be a hero and probably fucking it up because you're unarmed and unarmored when there are unionized men whose sole job it is to be heroes who will show up with appropriate arms and armor, among other equipment

>>34777012
also this, what's to stop some other wannabe hero from mistaking you for the shooter?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.