[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, Whats a good first gun to get? I'd like to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1500704737788.png (272KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500704737788.png
272KB, 640x360px
Hey /k/,

Whats a good first gun to get?

I'd like to get a hand gun, currently no experience with hand guns, have a lock box and am 27. Currently living in Michigan and I know the laws here are super lax.

I have a budget of lets say $500.

Suggestions?
>>
Handguns are 100% personal preference.

Fingerfuck, and if possible shoot, as many as you can, so you can find what works for your hands and your shooting style.

Also, Glock 20.
>>
>>34760827
You can try to get a CZ-75 for $500.
>>
Get a Glock. Don't trust the hipsters here with their slavshit and SiGs, they are overpriced garbage that are only bought because they're not mainstream
>>
>>34760842
Listen to this man
>>
Glock 17 or 19.
>>
>>34760842
10mm rounds? Are they just as easy to come by as 9mm? Probably a stupid question.
>>
bump. also, how does gunbroker work?
>>
>>34760827
Dude laws are definitely not lax. I tried to get a handgun while I'm 18 and the law technically says I can own one, I can't buy one. Tried to get my dad to buy it and then give it to me but I have to have a concealed license for that, which you have to be 21 to get. Shit blows man
>>
>>34761731
Ugh, you can carry without license in Michigan. As for age requirements those are about the only NON lax things we have on gun laws.
>>
>>34761224
you can shoot 40sw through a G20 without any modifications. Unless you're looking for a gun to carry innawoods, just do a g17/g19.

-t G20 owner
>>
>>34761918
I'm looking for something thta ammo wont be hard to come by if shtf.
>>
>>34762091
Glock 19
>>
>>34761918
Can you do the opposite and shoot 10mm through a g22?
>>
>>34762137
no, 10mm case is longer than 40
>>
>>34762137
Nope
>>
>>34762150
>>34762175
Thanks senpaitachi
>>
>>34762091
Don't consider that when purchasing a gun. Just buy what you will actually be using it for and you won't be disappointed. In either case, just get a g17/19 as I said.
>>
So, a glock 17, 19 or 20? 17 or 19 if I want 9mm?
>>
>>34762205
Don't get a 17. Get a 19. You can use it for CC as well, it's a great all around size.
>>
>>34762205
For fucks sake don't get a 20 as your first gun, 10mm is expensive and can be hard to find. These people are meming on you. Go on sgammo or ammoseek and compare the cost of 9mm to 10mm, and remember that with this being your first handgun you'll need a lot of practice.

10mm is for fun and fucking around and killing a full size bull moose that wants to molest your butthole.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.