[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello fellow brothers ill start working as a private security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: aa.jpg (253KB, 1920x1493px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
253KB, 1920x1493px
hello fellow brothers
ill start working as a private security guard soon, and I gotta decide which pistol i'll be carrying:
i kinda narrowed it down to SIG or GLOCK series (either .40 cal or 9mm... )
pro/cons of both? any other suggestion?

also
problem is we are not allowed to carry defensive hollow point ammunition so I have no idea if it really makes a big difference when using FMJ 9mm or .40....
>>
>>34757786
Modern American made Sigs are shit.
Gen 4 Glocks were (maybe still are) questionable.
Sigs are xbox hueg by comparison to Glocks and everything else is completely incomparable because they are entirely different.

Also, 10×22mm vs 9x19mm literally does not matter in terms of FMJ, buy whatever has cheaper ammo close to you and whichever you shoot better.
>>
Whichever fits your hand better. I'd go with Sig for that reason.

Use hollow points anyway. It's not like you'll really ever use the gun but if you have to it is best to use HP's for defensive purposes anyway.
>>
>>34757786
Just saying the P229 (haven't tried the P226) in 9mm and .40 are flippy as shit. It's the gun I shoot most accurately but slowest, mostly by virtue of it's amazing trigger. I recommend either the Glock or a P30/USP series gun. Don't fall for the heavy gun soaks up recoil meme, the lower bore axis of the Glocks and superior recoil reduction mechanisms of HKs make them much faster shooting guns.
>>
>>34758089
Ehhh I dunno. I have a P226 in .40 and it really does shoot like a 9, and I'm a complete handlet.
>>
>>34758142
I haven't tried the P226, only the P229. I'm not saying the recoil is bad because it isn't, but it does have a lot of muzzle flip. Still a nice gun though.
>>
>>34758089
>p229 9mm is "flippy"

Complete opposite experience. I have one with the e2 grips and it's one of my favorites. I'd also consider the P30 or USP
>>
Neither. Get a colt python.
>>
>>34758089
Does your p229 have the short reset trigger?
>>
>>34758184
That's fair. I haven't shot the P229 anyway, and they both do have a mile-high bore-axis.
>>
File: glock 19.jpg (126KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
glock 19.jpg
126KB, 800x520px
>>34757786
glock, youll appreciate not having the extra weight, its simplicity and more rugged, duty aesthetic will come in handy when its sitting in a belt getting holster wear 95% of the time
source, LEO who thought I should be a special snowflake and carry a CZ during my first few months on the job and quickly succumbed to glock fanboyism within 5 months
>>
>>34758524
>I have one with the e2 grips and it's one of my favorites.
Mine has the e2 grips too and I'm not a handlet. Maybe it's just me, but I think the flippiness I'm getting is from the big slide and high bore axis. Only gun I feel is as flippy that I've shot is the 92fs. I do like the 92fs alot too though. Least flippy in 9mm definitely has to be my P30L.

>>34758540
>Does your p229 have the short reset trigger?
Yes and it's fucking awesome. Best trigger I have on a gun except for my 22/45 with a Volquartsen trigger.
>>
>>34757786
>problem is we are not allowed to carry defensive hollow point ammunition so I have no idea if it really makes a big difference when using FMJ 9mm or .40....

Yes it makes a difference, most 9mm is 115 grain round nose that ricochets off bone. Flat points are harder to find.

Meanwhile go to any store and they'll have flat point 180 grain FMJ that punches through bone and doesn't ricochet as badly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.