[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The owner's manual of my gun says you should never dry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: tank of water.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
tank of water.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
The owner's manual of my gun says you should never dry fire indoors because you might forget to unload the chamber. That gave me an idea. Why not do all your dry firing with your gun aimed at a tank of water? That way, if you ever have an accidental discharge, the water will stop the bullet. I'll call it the safety tank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzm_yyl13yo
>>
what the fuck

this is seriously what /k/ has become, jesus christ
>>
>>34756165
Im sorry but I highly value my $5000 fish thank you very much.
>>
>>34756165
do you frequent reddit? If not, that might be the board for you.
>>
File: tub.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tub.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
>>34756214
Use a cheap tub instead.
>>34756216
Never posted on reddit.
>>
>>34756165
How do you not rack-fuck your gun to death before dry firing?

Really there is no excuse for shooting a bullet out of your gun when you don't intend to besides pure negligence.
>>
>>34756257
>How do you not rack-fuck your gun to death before dry firing?
You should, but you might forget.
>>34756257
>Really there is no excuse for shooting a bullet out of your gun when you don't intend to besides pure negligence.
It's not about making excuses. It's about safety.
>>
File: $$youhavebraindamage.png (116KB, 612x563px) Image search: [Google]
$$youhavebraindamage.png
116KB, 612x563px
>>34756165
OR spend $12 at home depot, buy a 5 gallon bucket and a bag of sand and make something that won't be horrendously awful to clean up should you ND and actually stops pistol rounds cold.
>>
>>34756343
Cleaning up water is not difficult. If you have a tile floor, you can literally just ignore it until it evaporates. Also, water will stop bullets, as the video demonstrates.
>>
File: $$itookthebait.jpg (5KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
$$itookthebait.jpg
5KB, 199x200px
>>34756368
IF you have a TILE floor,
if you have hardwood it'll cause ROT
if you have carpets it will cause MOLD

if you shoot the bucket of sand all you need to clean it up is a halfway decent vacuum, and there wouldn't be much sand to clean up unless you are retarded as fuck and fired a .50 BMG or something else like that in the house.

moreover sand stops bullets better than water,

your idea is stupid and you should feel stupid for posting it
>>
>unload gun
>open chamber
>poke bullet hole to see if a bullet is in it

congrats you've made sure your gun is unloaded.
>>
>>34756527
But you might forget. Obviously people do forget. Otherwise accidental discharges would never happen.
>>
>>34756272
Jesus fuck get banned Yankee this thread is getting really old
>>
>>34756368
>glass shards
>rot
>mold
>the smellz
>dead fishies
>fuck broken glass jesus christ
>5 months later youll still step on some glass
>broken glass
>fixing a nonissue that only retards have to deal with with replacing your floors and carpets and fishies and stepping on broken glass for the rest of your days
>>
>>34756257
>Rack-fucking
Insufficient, if there is an extractor problem. A physical check (IE, look at, finger into, etc) of the chamber is the only thing that really works.
>>
>>34756368
>cleaning up water is easy

Yeah.
Take a typical 75G fishtank:
48"x18"x20". In a small room (10'x10'), this will result in more than 1" of water across the floor. Even if you have tile, this will fuck up anything touching the floor, including: Walls, baseboards, insulation, furniture.

Cleanup will be anything but easy. Sand in a bucket is cheaper and easier.
>>
>>34756594
I didn't say you should shoot glass.
>>
>>34756272
>But you might forget
If you might forget to do a very simple/easy process to make sure you don't kill someone/yourself, give up your guns right now, you're too irresponsible to own them.

Racking a firearm in a non-hostile environment feels as natural to me as my over-exaggerated trigger discipline, and If i don't plan on shooting I always do it a handful of times before I fuck around with my guns in my home.

At the very least, how do you not enjoy the noise/feeling of racking a gun? You really strike me as a no-guns/anti.

>It's about safety
If your method of safely clearing your firearm in your own home is shooting into a tub of water, once again, give up your firearms right now. Unless the fucking chamber is jammed, or the action wont work, there is no excuse besides negligence/laziness.
>>
>>34756657
>If you might forget to do a very simple/easy process to make sure you don't kill someone/yourself, give up your guns right now, you're too irresponsible to own them.
By that logic, no one should ever own guns because anyone has the potential to forget. There are people who have owned guns safety for longer than you've been alive before they had their first accident. Nobody is above having an accident.
>>34756657
>If your method of safely clearing your firearm in your own home is shooting into a tub of water
I don't think you understand the purpose of the water. It's to serve as an insurance policy in case you have an accident. It's not something you shoot intentionally.
>>
>>34756771
You keep using that word accident. Once again, there is no such thing as accidents, only negligence.
>>
>>34756648
So you have a forcefield that can hold the water in place?

Maybe you outta contact DOD and sell your idea?
>>
>>34756771
>Anyone has the potential to forget.
No, no not really. You really have to be a dumb mother fucker to do something like forget to check the chamber and clear the mag before doing something as basic as dry firing. Or on drugs, which would only further prove your lack of capacity to own firearms.

>accidents with firearms
You're a real chump.
>>
>>34756830
That's not true, I smoke weed all the time and never forget to check the chamber and unload mag when i'm finger fucking my guns.

That's literally half the fun of finger fucking your guns.
>>
>>34756863
>weed
>drug

Wew summer
>>
>>34756870
I mean, the federal government literally considers it a more dangerous DRUG than heroin and cocaine, so take that as you will.

Yeah man I know, I smoke it, I'm all on that herb-plant train, but it is what it is. It's enough of a drug to lie on your 4473 sooooo
>>
>>34756272
Didn't you make a thread like this yesterday?
>>
>/k/, and americans as a whole, think it's normal and okay to ND regularly
lol no wonder ppl want to take your guns away
>>
>>34756179
>falling for a joke thread this hard
this is seriously what /k/ has become, jesus christ
>>
>>34757046
>GUYS GUYS I WAS PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
kek
>>
>>34756787
Semantics.
>>34756788
Plastic tubs are a thing.
>>34756830
>You really have to be a dumb mother fucker to do something like forget
Anyone can forget regardless of intelligence.
>>34756830
>You're a real chump.
Having an accident would make you feel like a chump. That's why it's a good idea to have a safe backstop like a water tank.
>>
But what about the fish
>>
Oh shit it's probably the op that made the highly successful clearing bucket bait thread
>>
>>34756165
I dry fire around my house frequently when I'm bored and all I do is pull the slide back 5 times and keep the mag out so I know its not loaded. A lot easier and cheaper than keeping tubs of water around the house for safety tank purposes.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.