[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you buy/build with up to $5,000? My grandmother died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: money-bags-0.jpg (158KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
money-bags-0.jpg
158KB, 900x900px
What would you buy/build with up to $5,000?

My grandmother died a few months ago and the estate stuff was finally settled, and I got a very small piece.
>>
Well what do you already have and what do you need?

Good AR and ammo will take up 1500 of that. More for tacticool.

Depends on what you like.

I'd buy rare milsurp since I have everything else.
>>
>>34752739
Don't waste your inheritance on stuff you don't need. Put that money in a savings account. Anybody can earn an income, but if you don't save, you're one paycheck away from being broke.

That being said, if you can tell me what you specifically need in a gun, I'll tell you what will give you your best bang for you buck. Are you looking for bang for a hunting rifle, carry pistol, plinking gun, or what?
>>
>>34752765
Seconded. I blew my inheritance like a damned fool and desperately wish I had invested in everything from Bitcoin to CO marijuana companies.

Invest your windfal and reap 10 times the benefits in just a few years, and 100 times the benefits in a few decades.
>>
Definitely invest or save that inheritance, you'll really regret it if you come into some hard times and realize you spent a chunk on guns. You can put back a little from each check if you want to buy a gun. If you want an AR, you can build a damn good one for 1300-1500.
>>
>>34752739

Yeah man just save it, careful where to invest it if you do though
>>
>>34752739

6.5 Grendel SPR with a nice piece of glass for ~2500, 1000 towards ammo, and then I'd save the rest for more cool stuff in the future.
>>
>>34752739
Lucky. My grandmother was a chain smoking Irish bitch who left me jack shit.
>>
>>34754337
Same but I took care of her in hospice
>>
>>34754337
Anon!
>>
>>34752765
>>34752818
THIRDED
put it inna IRA or 401k and pretend its not there
>>
Being Australian, I'd buy a lathe and mill.

My uncle died and also left me some money too, but slightly more than that. I'm probably gonna use some of it to study, some of it maybe to try out a part time business idea I had. I dunno, I need to work it out all spreadsheety-like.
>>
>>34754398
Well done, anon. I did similar for my dad.
>>34754402
Just saying she could've left me something other than a bottle of JW and some MASH vhs.
>>
>>34754633
<3
>>
>>34752739
Put half in savings, then buy a nice gun and dedicate it to her memory
>>
>>34754337
Who says she has to leave you anything, you whiny, lazy little fucktard?

Chances are your offspring will curse you for not providing for them. Ah, the beautiful circle of life.

Too bad you probably don't have the nads to break the cycle...
>>
>>34752739
Put it in Bitcoin.
>>
>>34752739
I'd buy a nice bolt gun in .308, a scope that costs about twice the gun, a harris bipod, and enough bullets to learn to hit anything I want to hit on the first shot up to 600 yards.

Next I'd be buying a 9mm glock (the intermediate 15round carry one, can't remember the fucking number now) and enough ammo to learn to draw, magdump, and hole out a fist sized target in about 4 seconds.

the gun is shit if you haven't shot it enough to gain mastery.
>>
>>34759685
Fuck off, gramps. That's how it works, we put up with your old ass and bullshit and in return we get shit when you fuck off for good.
>2017
>offspring
Kek okay
>>
>>34752739
If I had 5 geand I would buy a colt AR, put a mapul moe pistol grip, angled grip, and UBR stock on it. Along with a holographic sight with a magnifier and some nice flip up sights along with a daniel defense rail, maybe even throw in a echo trigger just to be a faggot.
>>
>>34759685
When I get old and become a burden I will tell my entire family that whichever one of them kills me gets all my shit.
>>
If $5k is a significant amount of money to you, then you should invest it instead of spending it. You've survived up until this point without that money, put it away in something that'll earn you more.
>>
>>34754402
Seconded. How could you, anon?
>>
>>34759697
this

inb4 generic fudding
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.