[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You only get two weapons each with 3 mags. What would a better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0773.jpg (68KB, 1194x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0773.jpg
68KB, 1194x450px
You only get two weapons each with 3 mags. What would a better survival loadout be?
>flight crashes in Alaskan wilderness
>min of 4 months stranded/ hiking back to civilization

>10/22 takedown for hunting small game like rabbits with shockwave mossberg for potential grizzly bear attacks in a scabbard
Or
>Semi auto 308 for grizzly bears with a .22 pistol for small game

Which of the two, or if neither, what would you bring? Remember, weight is an issue as you will be hiking treacherous terrain.

>inb4 m249
>>
>>34749875
*10 rounds max for the shotty.
>>
>>34749875
.308 and .22 pistol. I get a real rifle for long range hunting and protection, and also a small game harvester. You don't mention any other gear so weight isn't a big factor. And I would hate trying to stop a charging bear with a pistol grip shotgun.
>>
>>34749875
m249
>>
>>34749918
But something like a 308 semi auto is bulky to lug around. A takedown 22 rifle makes small game hunting easy (probably where most of your meals will co,e from) and the shotty will be more comfy on your back on a long hike then a 308 assuming a bear attack really won't happen more then once if worst co,es to worst.
>>
>>34749875
AR15 and a 1911.
After living in AK-49, you come to realize the only predators you'll encounter are wolves the environment and bears. Good luck finding food if your not near a stream, that muskeg sucks too btw.
>>
>>34750052
Will an AR really be what you want to face a charging grizzly with?
>>
>>34750072
Yes, and I will mag dump into his fucking face. If I'm luck enough to kill him, I'd cut off some flank and book it since the blood will draw in the others. I'm guessing that this is taking place in the spring/summer since I'd freeze to death out of those seasons. Short they are.
>>
>>34750050
you won't survive eating nothing but rabbits and small birds

You can set up a camp and take your 308 with one mag to hunt bigger game
>>
KSG - 21 rounds of birdshot and 21 rounds of slugs.

some sort of 5.56 bolt rifle that uses stanag mags
>>
>>34750117
So basically, there is nothing "survival" about 22lr survival,rifles?
>>
>>34750201
not in alaska
>>
>>34750201
I'd even argue against a base camp to hunt bigger game. Moose are solitary, caribou are herd animals. Both have extremely large ranges. 15 20+ miles a day.
>>
Gimme a Saiga 12 and a Redhawak in .44 Magnum and I'll be fine.
>>
>>34750217
So basically no where aggressive bears might be
>>
>>34750267
I was considering a kriss vector in 10mm
>>
>>34750318
or wolves, cougars, packs of starving coyotes etc etc
for small game sure if you had more than the 3 mags stated by op and can find it, id still want a larger caliber thats just me though
>>
>>34750479
I think a ruger 10/22 would be enough for wolves. Not that I have personal experience, I can just imagine a 22 would penetrate a wolf a bit better then a grizzly
>>
>>34750502
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukon_wolf
>>
>>34750602
2.1 Description
2.2 Pack habits
>>
>>34750602
Neat.
You don't think a ruger bx-25 22lr mag giving 5 wolves 5 rounds each wouldn't be enough to get them to,change their minds?
>>
>>34750680
look at the average weight factor in a pack attack let me know what you think
>>
Wouldn't a PS90 be pretty good against small to medium sized game? 150 rounds should be pretty adequate.
>>
>>34749875
AR-10 and a Sig p226.
>>
>>34749875
Neither.

First choice is potato because the shockwave in general for anything other than plinking or door breaching is potato.

Second is potato because in the wild small game is generally smart enough and skittish enough to bolt before a ravenously hungry suburbanite can get within realistic pistol range of them.

I'd take a lightweight 16in AR-10 build for bears and deer topped with a Swirovski BRT-i and two 25 round Pmags loaded with the hottest fastest burning load I could get to shoot within 2MoA.

For my second I'd take a Volkwartzen 10-22 with a Nikon prostaff 22 3-9x40, a little titanium can so I could perhaps not scare off all the little critters in a 100 yard radius every time I pulled the trigger, provided I do the smart thing and hold the bolt closed before I fire. With that I'd bring two of those 100 round memedrums from CtD because I want all the ammo I can get, then figure I'd just single load because those mags will never be reliable.
>>
>>34750502
Alaskan gray wolves average at around 160 lbs. If you wouldn't take a 10-22 against a pack of bloodthirsty and hichly successful cannibals you shouldn't plan to take one against an Alaskan wolf pack.
>>
>>34750797
STET, I'd take a Magnum Research .22 lite instead of a Volkwartzen.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/firearms/magnum-research-22lr-rimfire-rifle-ultra-barrel-with-threaded-muzzle.asp
>>
>>34750720
Excellent point. Similarly, If I choose Saiga 12, does that mean I can choose three 30 round drum mags? What about three of those 100 round double-curl mags for an AR?

Personally, I'd take a SOCOM 16 (with three X-14 50 round mags) for big game and a Saiga 12 with three 30 round drum mags with a mix of #4 round and square shot.
>>
File: image005.jpg (178KB, 1000x783px) Image search: [Google]
image005.jpg
178KB, 1000x783px
>>34749875
10mm UMP
>pic related

Not sure why I'd need a second gun but I supposed I'd take a second 10mm ump, pull the breakable parts out and take those with the mags leaving the rest of the second gun behind.
>>
>>34749875
An AR57 pistol with brace and a 1-6x scope for capacity and dropping anything up to the size of a small dog, and some .308 battle rifle
>>
>>34749875
My cetme and a keltec pmr 30
>>
>>34749875
>PGO shotgun
retard detected
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.