[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headed to Kyiv this September to see Pripyat and Chernobyl. Saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Yak52TD05.jpg (174KB, 1022x663px) Image search: [Google]
Yak52TD05.jpg
174KB, 1022x663px
Headed to Kyiv this September to see Pripyat and Chernobyl. Saw a tour where you go up in a Yak-52 for 25 minutes and you get to do some acrobatic maneuvers.

Have any of you done something like this before? I figured I'd have a better response asking you guys than I would on /trv/
>>
>>34749174
>Russia
>70 year old plane
>Maintained by Russians
>Aerobatic maneuvers
What could go wrong?
>>
>>34749236
Oh, many things could, but at least I would die happy.

And hopefully quickly.
>>
>>34749236
50 year*
>>
Does anyone here have flight experience?
>>
>>34749236
>Kyiv
>Russians

Proofs
>>
>>34749236
its like dying of a heart attack from fucking aphrodite, its fucking worth it
>>
>>34749482
2 orientation flights in the civil air patrol it was underwhelming
and
one winch launched gliderflight (that was the good one)
>>
>>34749236
>>34749251
that model was introduced in 1979 i.e. less than 40 years ago, the plane itself most likely was built in 80ss and since it's kiev - it was maintained by ukrainians. not sure how it's regulated in ukraine, but most likely they share the common problems with russia i.e. too harsh/retarded restrictions on the one side and people violating them whatsoever as a result on the other side. i doubt it's especially dangerous though albeit shit happens

>>34749482
not counting as a passanger of a big commercial liner you mean? well, i also flew in a helicopter and a hot air balloon, all as a passenger ofc
>>
>>34749698
slap dem teetees or do a loop-de-loop
>>
>>34749236
Those planes are tanks. Rated for 5+ G's. And the way the gear are designed, even if you had a gear up emergency landing, you would be ok. Also bail out procedures are on YouTube and look pretty fun tbqhfam
t. Pilot looking at buying a new production model (if it's a bad plane why do they still make them?)
>>
>>34750048
afaik that model isn't produced since 90ss
>>
File: sf-260.jpg (19KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
sf-260.jpg
19KB, 480x300px
>>34749482
I've flown with Air Combat USA a few times. It's pretty expensive but lots of fun, you dogfight the other plane, and there is a retired military pilot sitting next to you to keep you out of trouble. The planes are super sweet to fly, and can pull 7G in a dive, enough to black you out if you don't do the breathing technique properly.
Captcha: Select all squares with a parachute
>>
>>34750073
I've looked at that as well and it looks like a lot of fun, but I don't have anyone to go down to Vegas with me for it.
>>
>>34749236
If my pilot isn't reeking of potato juice I want my money back.
>>
>>34750132
It's Ukraine so it's potato juice with peppers
>>
>>34749482
A few lessons in Cessnas, but that was years ago and I never got anywhere close to a license or even to the point where I was allowed to land.
>>
>>34750109
They're in Fullterton, CA, maybe Vegas is a different company that also does it? When I flew with them they used to do a barnstorming tour where they took some planes and visited small airports around the country, but their website says they aren't currently doing that. I didn't go with anyone, I got paired against some random dude each time. I have a stack of mini DV tapes somewhere with the onboard cameras but I assume they have upgraded to SD cards by now.
>>
>>34750073
sounds cool, i take it you should have a pilot license for it, shouldn't you?
>>
>>34750193
None needed, that's what the military pilot is for. They handle takeoff and landing, and general procedures. You legit fly the plane for almost the whole time. I got walked through landing it one time. I probably had a couple of hundred simulated hours (Falcon 4.0) at the time and that certainly helped but I'd never flown for real before.
>>
>>34750062
afaik termikas in Lithuania still makes them. They even make a western variant with American gauges and brakes, since the standard design uses hand brakes located on the stick. Also, some other interesting differences, the Russian engine spins opposite western engine, and therefore has opposite p-factor. And there are fuel tank options as well, the original design had reduced tank size to discourage pilots from using the plane to escape Russia.
http://www.termikas.com/aircraft/YAK-52/YAK-52.html
>>
>>34750301
Correction: termikas has a big field of yaks and rebuilds them into new condition planes. Just not from scratch. I hear they do pilot training there too. Shit would be cash.
>>
>>34749482
I'm a private pilot and have had orientation flights in the T-2.

Aerobatics are hella fun, especially in a high performance plane like the Yak. I say go for it anon.
>>
>>34750151
And honey.
>>
>>34750854
Also, you have a chance to fly one of the last radial engine military planes in service, ever. That's an experience the vast majority of pilots (including military pilots) will never get. I'd put the money down for the historical significance alone.
>>
Do it OP, if you don't you will always wonder if you should have.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.