[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if I want to open a gun shop without a range in a town full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
So if I want to open a gun shop without a range in a town full of gun shops some with ranges

Can I actually make a decent living or do small shops make zero fucking profit really
>>
>>34742344
having inventory is for cucks

just run a gearfire website and have everybody order shit from that
>>
>>34742348

>having inventory is for cucks

You still have to hold on to their fucking guns you moron plus all the ammo and extras that make real money in shops you need to keep around nice job trying to shill for a crap business platform

OP needs to run an ffl out of his home and just make money with transfers.
>>
>>34742344
just don't be
>an asshole
>liar
>fudd
>braggart

Seriously, almost every lgs has all of them and all lgs have at least 2 of them
>>
Depends how much overhead you have, if your store front is in a good part of town rent will be expensive, if you don't want to do every single but if bitch work you will need employees, and if you don't pay them well expect a high turnover rate so you spend more time paying people to learn the ropes and get good at the job.

Why are people buying your guns? Are you going to undercut the competition? Do you have suppliers that get you stuff the suppliers competition can't?

Basically if you have to ask, you don't know the first thing about it.
>>
>>34742348

Never heard of that but it looks kind of interesting.

>>34742361

I would never want to be that kind of shitty shady crappy type who would have people working for me that lie or fudd around acting like mall secuirty guards and such. I want to be a decent legit business without having to stoop to that level even though there is more profit in it, educating people on guns and selling them just sounds nice.
>>
>>34742344

Unless you have a range or a gimmick no one needs to hit up your shop when they can buy online or from a big shop locally for much less than you could even purchase for.
>>
>>34742370
You don't know shit about how the distributors work once you're an FFL.
>>
>>34742359
>gearfire
>crap

Why have inventory when you can just rent the Gearfire website and do it that way? I never said you wouldn't have physical guns or some ammo in your shop, but it makes it so you don't require a display case.
>>
>>34742373

>hurr durr you do not know what you are talking about stupid

Enlighten me, how is OP supposed to clear six figures in his own pocket a year paying rent, license fees, insurance, employee salaries and all sorts of other incidental costs on top of his product even if he gets a small discount on it?

Someone has bulk and they can outdo him on everything he has price wise so there would be 0 reason to go to him unless he lived right next door and charged cheap transfer fees

Unless you would like to enlighten me on exactly what you meant without resorting to some shitty memetalk
>>
>>34742377

>gearfire

Gearfire is like amway or avon for guns, they make money while you make fucking pennies on the dollar and then look like an asshole for having a really small crappy looking shop with no gear in it.
>>
>>34742391
Idk senpai, both the gun shops in my town use it.
>>
>>34742394

Are you implying your small town has only two gunshops in it?
>>
>>34742399
Within my immediate town, there's 2 that use gearfire and sell used guns. If I go 30 or 40 minutes away, there's a lot more, those ones are brick and mortar and actually have a pretty nice display case
>>
>>34742412

Yeah like I said gearfire is for when you have zero idea what you are doing and do not really plan on making a decent living or want to have a great deal of business and profit
>>
>>34742439
why are you such a gearfire hater
>>
Listen OP, industry secret.

You don't make money on guns.

You don't make money selling guns.
You don't make money fixing guns.
You don't make money transferring guns.
You MIGHT make money making guns.

The profit margins are always laughably slim.
>>
>>34742555

This

Money is made from ranges, ammo, cleaning items, gear, TRANSFERS etc

You make no money back on your guns, maybe like 10 bucks a rifle or handgun somewhere around there and that is if you are lucky enough to get a good price on bulk shipments and find enough people who need guns.
>>
>>34742344
>can a neckbeard with zero connections, business knowledge, money or inventory run a successful gunshop in 2017

You answered your own question.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.