[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on 22lr revolvers? I'm planning on getting one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (430KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
430KB, 1500x1000px
Thoughts on 22lr revolvers?
I'm planning on getting one for plinking, I figured they can eat all ammo without jamming so it's a plus versus pistols.
>>
At that price, why not buy a mans pistol?
>>
>>34742336
Yurocuck here, """"dangerous""" calibers are restricted to a certain quota per year.
Since I love shooting so much, I figured it could be good practice to shoot a lot of 22 before going for 38sp/.357
>>
>>34742325
Not OP but also have been wanting a 22lr revolver for the same reasons and also cheap DA trigger practice.

The price keeps putting me off so I keep buying other guns.

I'd rather have an older S&W but next time the 22 lcrx hits gun.deals I will pick one up.
>>
>>34742342
Ahahaha you're french aren't you?

B cat ammo is retricted by 2000 per year okay ! but brass and bullet aren't

get a handloader setup anon....

or get a 44-40 or 45lc or 44mag, they are not limited
>>
>>34742395
I don't want to reload for now, no space for the tools, no time to learn and no real motivation.

44mag is too powerful for my taste, already tried a friend's gun.

>2000 per year
I'd blow that in a month if we were not restricted.
>>
File: IMG_0339.jpg (225KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0339.jpg
225KB, 1440x1080px
>>34742325
Do it, they're great.
The DA pull is great for improving your trigger control, and as you said, if you have a dud round you can just press the trigger again to move on.
Make sure to keep the cylinder clean, since the fouling that builds up can cushion the cartridge rims and cause light strikes, and periodically inspect the mainspring strain screw on the front of the grip to ensure it hasn't worked its way loose.
>>
>>34742420
if 44 mag is too much for you (no bullying here ) why don't you try 44/40 or 45lc both of them are usually sold with mild loads in order not to damage old level action and pistols?

but they costs waaaay more than 38
>>
>>34742325
I own a 617 and fucking love it, but I wouldn't get the shorter barreled version unless you have a 4 inch 686 and you're just looking to practice.

A good way to go is an old police issue Model 10, send the cylinder assembly off to get it milled for 9mm and moonclips. Absolutely killer plinker.
>>
>>34742420
You must be rich. 2000rds per month is a lot of money.
>>
22lr revolvers are Manson Family approved.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.