[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok I'm bored af and the chans are the only entertainment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 1501372536341.jpg (217KB, 1280x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1501372536341.jpg
217KB, 1280x1242px
Ok I'm bored af and the chans are the only entertainment I have rn. So I'll tell you guys about my fudd story.

> be me. 21
> just got my first rooty tooty point and shooty
> is meme tier glock in 45
> go shoot with it. Take my fudd dad's 45 hand loads for his 1911
> 200 rounds through the loads
> feelsgood.jpg
> kick like a motherfucker just the way I like 45
> pull trigger again. Recoil feels worse than normal. Hand is really sore. Like extreme pain sore
> drop gun. Something is wrong.
> blood everywhere. Look at glock. Mag baseplate blown out. Parts of polymer frame cracked and missing.
> polymer in my hand. Chamber deformed
> gun destroyed. Hand cut up pretty bad
> get five stitches in palm
> go home. Tell dad about what his hand loads did.
> lectures me on how I deserved it for not buying a 1911.
> mfw my dad's hand loads were so hot they blew up my glock
>mfw dad doesn't care because I didn't buy fudd gun

Well /k/ that was a few years ago. Haven't brought a polymer frame since.
>>
Your dad is a retard
>>
>>34742018
> intelligent
> fudd.

Pick one. So yeah I know
>>
>>34741848
Dumbass. Take a gun that's known for blowing up and put hot loads in it.
>>
>>34742073
His loads were meant to be 230grn. Normal loads
>>
>>34742080
"mfw my dad's hand loads were so hot they blew up my glock"
Normal loads? you literally said they were hot
>>
>>34741848
you always roll the dice using hand loads. They could be over loaded or the bullet could be set back in the case causing over pressure
>>
File: glocknado.jpg (61KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
glocknado.jpg
61KB, 480x480px
>>34741848
You deserved it for not buying a 1911
>>
>>34742088
Yes. The others felt like standard ball. But how the fuck else does a round blow up a gun? It was too hot
>>
>>34742163
Yeah. I trust my own loads because I am anal retentive about loading but not my dad's anymore
>>
>>34742221
Forgot to mention. I saw the round. It was no.4 in the mag so I know for a fact it wasn't pressed too far. Same length as others
>>
File: 1501630300097.jpg (7KB, 303x414px) Image search: [Google]
1501630300097.jpg
7KB, 303x414px
>glock brand grenade
its like you wanted this
>>
File: 1317960792621.jpg (51KB, 462x334px) Image search: [Google]
1317960792621.jpg
51KB, 462x334px
>>34741848
>shooting other people's hand loads you know nothing about

Had this actually happened, you'd have deserved it. Too bad it hasn't.
>>
>>34741848
>> lectures me on how I deserved it for not buying
your own ammunition
>>
>>34742398
I generally load my own ammo. I took his because he is getting on in years and does shoot much anymore. Also I used to trust his ability considering he is basically a genius when it comes to working with his hands
>>
File: amtkaboom2.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
amtkaboom2.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>34742415
>guy is getting on in years
>trust his handloads

Old fuck probably had a brain fart and seated a bullet on top of a double charge, a common cause of death for 1911s belonging to overconfident fudd handloaders who won't admit they're not as sharp as they used to be until it's too late.
You're an even bigger retard for taking the chance.
>>
>>34742459
These loads were old. He did them in his 40s so he was still sharp back then. He hasn't loaded since and he is 60 now.
>>
>>34742073
Only early .40 S&W chambered Glocks were an issue. If you don't even know the meme, don't repeat it.
>>
>>34742691
>he was still sharp back then

Apparently not sharp enough.
>>
>>34742725
Well yeah. Let me rephrase. I thought he was still sharp back then
>>
>Fucking up .45 acp hand loads so bad they explode
How the fuck does someone do this? .45 acp is one of the most forgiving cartridges to hand load when it comes to powder measuring.
>>
>>34743016
>.45 acp is one of the most forgiving cartridges to hand load when it comes to powder measuring.

It's also one that will gladly accept a double charge, which is more than enough to fuck your shit up.
>>
>>34743016
Lotsa case, fast powder, bullet seated too deep. Blammo.
>>
>>34743016
I can attest to bullet not being too deeply seated. I think the case was weak and an over loaded charge
>>
>>34741848
>>34742073

Glocks and a few other pistols have polygonal rifling, you're not supposed to shoot lead in them, especially not a lot of lead with hot rounds. You can buy traditional barrels with fully supported chambers if thats what you want to do. You did it to yourself, next time, read the manual.

>t. Someone who shoots +p+ regularly out of two glocks
>>
>>34743303

Overcharges (dangerous ones) almost never happen unless your powder measure is some kind of homemade shit. Even LEE at their worst, combined with flake powder which is the worst thing accuracy wise, only dishes out charges that are inconsistent, never dangerous. You simply can't cram more powder in the measuring space during one cycle, using gravity alone... only less.
The only way this would happen due to an overcharge would be after using an already way too high charge of unappropriately fast propellant for .45, where even a slight variation could push it over the limit, and in that case you'd definitely notice severe overpressure signs with the whole batch, and it wouldn't deform the chamber, probably just blow the primer or rupture the case.

Double charges, on the other hand, are just waiting to happen with a case like .45 that doesn't fill up or spill over once that happens (unlike based 9mm or 5.56), so having a powder cop die is a must, because human error is a thing, a thing that seems to have caught up with your dad. Shit, even with a powder cop you have to pay attention, unless you have the models that actually block the press when they detect a double charge, or at least start REEEEEing.
>>
>>34743527
Well thanks for time you took to write that. I think it may be possible he accidentally mixed rifle powder in a batch. I haven't touched his loads since.
>>
>>34743963
>I think it may be possible he accidentally mixed rifle powder in a batch

Rifle propellants are usually much slower burning than pistol ones.
A rifle round loaded with a rifle sized charge of pistol powder = guaranteed kb.
A pistol round loaded with a pistol sized charge of rifle powder = a fart and a failure to cycle.
>>
>>34741848
>>34743963
>take my fudd dad's 45 hand loads
>gun destroyed
>I think it may be possible he accidentally mixed rifle powder in a batch

>>34742415
>I generally load my own ammo

Either you don't really reload or retardation runs in the family and you're going to blow up another gun with your own loads at some point in the not so distant future.
>>
File: #1 toad.png (15KB, 718x420px) Image search: [Google]
#1 toad.png
15KB, 718x420px
>>34741848
glocknade lel
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.