[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a myth that people do things with firearms in their sleep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0370.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0370.png
1MB, 1136x640px
Is it a myth that people do things with firearms in their sleep? Like sleep walking but with a gun?
>>
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/general-firearm-discussion/126794-ever-heard-anyone-shooting-gun-their-sleep.html#/topics/126794
>>
Please respond
>>
File: 1501173551772.jpg (94KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1501173551772.jpg
94KB, 866x1300px
>a thread died for this
>>
>>34740989
Wtf it's a serious concern
>>
Please fucking respond I'm afraid to go to bed
>>
It's probably bullshit, but a guy I went to college with always used to claim that his father in law would sleepwalk like he was getting ready to go hunting, up to and including loading his gun and throwing on his back as he walks out the door.
>>
Probably possible people can open doors and turn on lights while sleep walking, it's mostly things you repeat a lot and have good muscle memory off.

So if you regularly store your gun in the same place and repeatedly pick it up from their it's possible.
>>
>>34741229
sounds scary
>>34741246
I'm a noguns baby that got a gun so I don't have any of that yet, thank you for your post
>>
>>34740723
I've thought of this before as well OP. One of the reasons I don't sleep with a gun right next to me.
>>
ive seen/read about shit that a few people have used sleep walking as a murder/assault defense.
dont know if any of them used guns tho
>>
>>34741314
>Not spooning your rifle to sleep.
>>
>>34741229
That's pretty creepy. I picture one of the towns people in ' The Crazies' or whatever doing that. I sleep with my handgun next to me but damn I don't sleep walk.
>>
You're not going to magically start sleepwalking now that you own a gun.

Sleepwalkers are a specific type of people that have sleptwalk their entire lives.

If you're really so paranoid then create an annoyingly inconvenient barrier between you and your gun. Such as wrapping it in clothes in a drawer with chairs blocking your path to the dresser etc.

Its just an irrational fear though and you'd do better to dismiss it and move on.
>>
>>34741614
Thanks friend
>>
>>34740723
Stop sleeping, that's what I do.
>>
>>34741614
This.

Medications are the biggest factor. My dad started taking new meds and when the cat threw up and shit on the floor, he put in my bathroom sink.

I was confused as fuck when I woke up and went to piss.
>>
>>34741886
Why were you pissing in the sink?
>>
>>34741886
why was your cat even eating the floor
>>
>>34740723
If you sleep walk put it in a drawer.
You aren't going to to wake up to find you murdered your family in your sleep because if you shoot it it will wake you the fuck up.

And most people struggle to hit the target with their eyes open,
IF you are unlucky enough to find your pistol in your sleep, and somehow chamber it or disengage the safety, the only person your a danger to is yourself.

And if your gun safety practices are so bad you do manage to shoot yourself in your sleep, you deserve it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.