[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we even use the geneva convention against savages like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

Why do we even use the geneva convention against savages like the Taliban and North Korea.
They dont use it with us, why should we use it to them
>>
>>34739393
Because we're better than them.

I mean you're not, but most of the rest of us are.
>>
>>34739408
Hot damn, fpbp
>>
We agreed to the terms (though congress didn't not ratify IIRC), so we keep our word. Thats the non-nigger thing to do when you agree to do something. Its not like we lose anything by doing it either, Gitmo and Abu Graib still happened under its watch.
>>
>>34739408
True tho
>>
>>34739393
It's a rules of civilized conduct and warfare. You don't just dump it because your enemies are violent and disobey it.
>>
>>34739791

To humanize and soften warfare is to prolong it.

Doing so is inherently unjust.

Sherman once said it is well war is so horrible, lest we grow too fond of it.
>>
>>34739408
honorfags like you are why the first world war lasted 4 years.
>>
File: 1501091165854.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
1501091165854.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
>>34739393
hearths and minds anon,
hearths and minds.
>>
>>34739393
>North Korea
Because we're not at war with North Korea?
>>
>>34740076
this is so wrong i can only assume you did this on porpoise.
>>
>>34739393
what port of geneva convention "we" use against nk and taliban, care to elaborate ?

because i am about to call you the dumbest nigger on this board (and this says a lot )
>>
those conventions are not exclusive i.e. those who signed them are supposed to apply their requirements to those who didn't signed them too
>>
>>34740216
The geneva convention mainly regulates the conduct of war between regular Forces and protects civilians, the us is not at war with nk and the taliban are not protected under the geneva convention, because theyre Military non state actors.
>>
>>34739791
thats exactly why a smart group follows the agreed upon laws of war. Because if you break or fail to abide by a treaty then you no longer are under it's protection.

If they are "violent and disobey it", IE non uniformed non state actor military combatants who execute prisoners via torture then as an international community WE WILL TEACH THEM why such laws are in place. Summary execution of captured prisoners, use of white phosphorous and napalm on ground troops instead of explosives, exploding munitions, chemical weapons. A coalition force of major powers should completely break every ISIL fighter and hunt them down like post war Nazis war criminals to be executed.
>>
>>34740076
>let me win your heart and mind or I'll burn your fucking hut down.jpg
>>
>>34740297

>Summary execution of captured prisoners, use of white phosphorous and napalm on ground troops instead of explosives, exploding munitions, chemical weapons.

Can't we just use Super Soakers and water balloons filled with pig's blood? More pigs slaughtered = more pig blood for munitions = more pork rinds, pork chops, BBQ pulled pork and bacon for us.

We're all obese with heart disease anyway so fuck it. Why not?
>>
>>34740297
You'd just be feeding into their propaganda that the US wants to unjustly destroy Korea and slaughter and rape all of its citizens for no reason.
>>
>>34740283
iirc rebels/insurgents can be considered privileged combatants too
>>
File: North Korea airforce.jpg (457KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
North Korea airforce.jpg
457KB, 800x533px
>>34740499
north korea has not violated international law insofar as committing war crimes or violating/abiding to internationally agreed treaties regarding banned weapons and the definition of combatants, non combatants, prisoners of war, etc.
>notice kimmy driving a flatbed from the secret nuke lab we've known about since the meeting to build it was held towards seol
or
>notice the norks getting ready to fire a missile that will actually fuck up japan or korea
the chance of them actually having miniaturized atomic bombs to the point of making a functional ICBM is pretty far fetched. A USS Maine style (((korean nuclear missile shot out of the air by a US missile defense system targeted at _____))) is what I hope we ramp up to with china wanting to put down it's rabid pitbull of an ally nation.
>and the mass foot mobilization of best korean reserve soldiers in a death march to the 38th parallel we're watching in live time via satellite
>9th fleet cruise missiles every military installation and counterforce war material target in the opening 10 minutes of the breaking of the ceasefire
>trump doesn't even have to go to congress for permission to wage war. We were always at war.
>full deployment against a defined enemy state with someone else doing the reunification effort.jpg
>3 weeks later the first McDonalds is already built in Pyongyang and that SK reunification fund gets put to work gulaging all the itinerant nork peasants
>Trump goes down in history as ending the korean war in total victory
>CNN says it's due to Russian Collusion

>>34740482
the "pigs blood lol" thing is a meme for the most part. Pershing fucking executing every islamic rebel slowly and desecrating their corpses was the main reason the muzzies stopped fighting in manilla.

Now only feeding gitmo inmates pork products that they have to knowingly consume or they'll starve to death...
>a devout muslim will starve to death
>a muzzie who learns the joy of bacon flavored spam goes to hell
>>
File: brutal.png (136KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
brutal.png
136KB, 325x325px
>>34739393
>>
>>34740690
>CNN says it's due to Russian collusion

Holy fuck, they WOULD try to spoil the first straight-up war we'd win in 30 years.
>>
>>34739408
thats the same stupid logic that made napoleonic warfare and ww1 so retarded.

its like some buttblasted knights complaining about crossbows.

FUCKING
ADAPT

and use everything thats effective to neutralize your enemy.
>>
>>34739408
This

What fucking logic is there that I'd hold myself to the Taliban's standards and not my own?
>>
>>34740690
>Pershing fucking executing every islamic rebel slowly and desecrating their corpses was the main reason the muzzies stopped fighting in manilla.

Complete bullshit
>>
>>34739393
we dont. GWOT allowed us to abandon the geneva convention. are you too young to know who donald rumsfeld is? you must be at least 18 to use 4chan.
>>
>>34739393
The west is too soft. Can you not already hear the backlash? Oh, I can. CNN reports: Has Trump gone too far this time? Executing peaceful Muslim rebels. More at 6.
>>
>>34742484
>The west is too soft

t. middle class white kid
>>
>>34742489
t. nigger
>>
>>34742493
>>34742489
just kidding, I love you anon.
>>
>>34739393
Nations that signed those treaties have to use the same factors against non-signers as well.
>>
File: 1462479683775.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1462479683775.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>34739393
>Why do we even use the geneva convention against savages like the Taliban
But we don't.
>>
>>34739817
Wars will keep happening no matter what. Now and forever. Conflict and violence are normal parts of the exchange between groups of people. So, is better to us to simply accept that fact and try to install some kind of norms and rules for such. If it will never go away, lets at least try to soften a little the brutality.

Also, it was Lee who said the quote you mentioned, not Sherman.
>>
>>34739408
>Because we're better than them
God damn all the white knights in this thread. I don't know why you're opposed to beating people from jerkfuckistan so hard into submission they don't even think about doing anything but farming dirt again.

Let me put it this way, we're fucking a country. No matter how many hospitals, bridges, roads we build, we're going to be taking this country from it's stroll, pinning it against a wall, and fucking it.
Would it be better to fuck it hard and rough and quickly to get it over with, or should we drag the fucking on for years, going very slow and trying to form a relationship with someone who will never want to be in a relationship with us?

I can understand obeying the geneva convention in symmetrical warfare, but there's no other alternative for people who are literally too stupid for their own good.

Personally i'd prefer our enemies utter our names in dread. "Fuck, America is coming to royally fuck us into the dirt." as opposed to "Oh here comes America again to build another Embassy and hijack or GDP, great..."
>>
>>34742546
Simple mind

You might find this hard to fathom, but we're not fighting a country. It sure makes it easy to think that way, but it's not.
>>
>>34742546
>t.edgy underage new fag
>>
>>34742565
Right right, we're not fighting a country just more than half of its indigenous people. my bad.

Not the whole country, Kabul is stable, right? Well except for all the assassinations and regular explosions, but part and parcel, am i right?
>>
>>34742546
Yeah gosh look at all these white knights pathetic amirite we should just be FUCKING the Afghans! FUCKING lol!
>>
>>34742546
>Let me put it this way, we're fucking a country.
No you're not. You fucked a country in 2003, ever since then you've been trying with limited success to fuck a non-state actor whose influence stretches from Africa across the middle east and deep into SE Asia. This stopped being a national invasion the day Baghdad fell, so whether we go follow agreed convention or go full genocide in Iraq is a moot point since you're only murdering a bunch of strategically irrelevant hicks, the economic powerbases and recruitment networks being in other untouchable safe havens.
>>
>>34742569
>Just more than half
>Taliban estimated size 25,000 - 36,000

>Afghanistan
>Population 33,000,000+

Like I said, a simple mind that needs simple answers, however incorrect.
>>
File: 1497120206215.png (1MB, 1142x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497120206215.png
1MB, 1142x800px
>>34742546
>Being this asshurt over something that never happened
Can you tell me where we followed the Geneva Convention?
>>
>>34739408
>muh humane warfare

Shut the FUCK up. Where do you draw the line? Sniping from far is cowardice and ungentlemanly, while shelling fuckers with mustard gas isnt?
>>
>>34742580
Well 33,000,000 don't live in Kabul, and the rest of the country belongs to the Taliban if you ask any Afghani official, so you figure out that equation Einstein.
>>
>>34742596
Not that guy, but draw the line undue suffering. A bullet is a bullet, but chemical weapons are excessive.
>>
>>34742596
Are you absolutely retarded?

Where is shelling people with mustard gas allowed and sniping banned by the Geneva Convention?
>>
>>34742607
Oh child, insulting me because I showed you how incorrect you were.
>>
>>34742596
>Sniping from far is cowardice and ungentlemanly

Uh, what the fuck does that have to do with the Geneva Convention?

Did you lick a window with lead paint on it today?
>>
>>34742607
>Taliban estimated size 25,000 - 36,000
>Kabul 4-6 million

Uh, no matter how you try to spin it you're still going to be astonishingly wrong
>>
>>34742607
The rest of the country belong to the same disparate tribes that have controlled them for thousands of years, some of which are Taliban sympathetic. I dont know what you want me to say, that everyone outside of Kabul city limits is universally a terrorist?
>>
>>34742607
Spoken to a lot of Afghan officials huh? I bet you couldn't find it on a map
>>
>>34742615
>>34742626
>who was Geneva Protocol
>>
>>34742642
Show me where that bans sniping, or learn to read
>>
Use the wiki, you idiots.

Geneva Convention 1 - deals with the wounded and sick.
Geneva Convention 2 - deals with naval warfare, and how to handle shipwrecks.
Geneva Convention 3 - how to treat prisoners of war
Geneva Convention 4 - how to handle civilians in war.
Geneva Protocol 1 - deals with combat in /international/ conflicts, and civilian protections
Geneva Protocol 2 - deals with combat in /non-international/ conflicts, and civilian protections.
Geneva Protocol 3 - protections for medical and religious non-combatants in the theater of war, based on symbols they are wearing.
Hague Conventions 1 and 2 - deal with rules of engagement, things you can and cannot do in combat, types of ammunition you can and cannot use in combat (basically, no hollow-points), etc.
Geneva Protocols to the Hague Conventions - explicitly bans chemical and biological weapons.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>34739393
>Why do we even use the geneva convention against savages like the Taliban and North Korea.
>They dont use it with us, why should we use it to them

Life is not Call of Duty or Command and Conquer.
The objective is to win, not decimate them to the last man, woman and child.

If you start committing attrocities on the population, how in the fuck are you going to de-escalate anything?
Your objective is to make them agree to your terms as fast as possible.

Breeding hatred of you only adds fuels to the flames, giving them more recruits, making the civilan population join in, solidify the support of the government/leadership that is fighting against you.

It's stupid.
>>
>>34740208
Mistakes like that are a diamond dozen
>>
>>34739393
Because we can glass them humanely
>>
>>34742430
>>>34739393 (OP)
>Because we're better than them.
>I mean you're not, but most of the rest of us are.
Respect for those that understand respect and total elimination for those that do not.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.