[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in NYC so my choices for fun gunz is very limited to stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 12745614_1.jpg (41KB, 1200x443px) Image search: [Google]
12745614_1.jpg
41KB, 1200x443px
I live in NYC so my choices for fun gunz is very limited to stay legal. I'm looking at going to a gun show this weekend to pick up a rifle that i will keep at a friend's house up there until my license gets approved in the city. Whats a fair price to pick up a Mini 14 Ranch? Or does /k/ have any suggestions as to a fun rifle that is legal on the city? Nothing to black and violent looking we already have enough of those in the 5 boroughs.
>>
Honestly I doubt the NYPD would approve a Mini14, they don't really like anything remotely assaulty and have full discretion whats OK and what isn't
>>
>>34733657
I know plenty of people with the ranch version and not the tactical. The ranch version happens to meet the requirements to avoid the ban
>>
>>34733695
Honestly I'd say just leave NYC. I'm from upstate which while no where near as bad still sucks a ton.
>>
>>34733750
I plan on making the move to up by the Sullivan county area in about 2 years. A one family house by me cost 900 grand on Staten island for a 25x75 lot up there I can get a lot more for 150 grand. I'm just wondering how much the mini 14s go for. I've seen them around 700-800 on gun broker.
>>
File: 1501471877985s.jpg (6KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1501471877985s.jpg
6KB, 250x140px
Bump
>>
>>34733771
That is basically the NY price range with sks about 100 cheaper. Honestly unless you are dead set on a mini wait till you move and get a safe ar for 450-600
>>
>>34733771
Hello fellow Staten Islander.
>>
>>34734075
What's good bro.
>>
File: NY legal AK style rifle.jpg (271KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
NY legal AK style rifle.jpg
271KB, 800x600px
>>34733640
grab a NY legal AK like this Vepr here.
Or traditional-stock style AR15.
>>
>>34733771
Rule of thumb is ideally 500ish or less for old models, 700 or less for new. 3 digit serial prefix tells you which is which. 180-194 is old. 580+ is new.

580s have better barrels. Expect to upgrade the rear sight with a $75 tech sights unit to get any use out of it. Still worth it because they shoot much better.
>>
>>34733640
> any suggestions as to a fun rifle that is legal on the city
contradiction in terms op.
hell NYC says on the application NO mini 14
http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/downloads/pdf/permits/rifle_shotgun_permit_application.pdf

> Nothing to black and violent looking we already have enough of those in the 5 boroughs.
Confirmed not actually from NYC.

No guns for you. Get out of the hellhole. Then have fun. We're not talking "leave your country". Just leave the city. Much happier a few years out. You lose very little.
>>
>>34735492
I looked at it and the mini 14/5f is a no go which is the folder version, the ranch is ok.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.