[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eurofag here > weapon illiterate i need some explanations:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

eurofag here > weapon illiterate

i need some explanations:

from the image i posted i understand that each bullet "explodes" once it hit something. is it air expanding? does it work the same way on flesh (flesh exploding)? what is "stopping power"?

basically: what's the most damaging bullet?

(was reading a rekt thread on /b then curiosity arose)
>>
Well what that picture does not show you is that a 9mm "slug" as it is called will tend to bounce around inside a person enough to cause a hell of a lot more damage than most other "slugs"

so while a .45acp might tear a bigger hole it is the internal damage that is really what matters, so a 45acp would probably do more intimidate damage so if they could save the person it would be easier but if their insides are all minced up with a 9mm "slug" they will most likely die
>>
>>34731953

What is this fart noise coming from your holes 24/7
>>
File: 1501435652384.jpg (85KB, 460x804px) Image search: [Google]
1501435652384.jpg
85KB, 460x804px
>>34731953
op, here

oh, wow, thank!
>>
>>34731968
Where about in Euroworld are you?
>>
>>34731953
>Well what that picture does not show you is that a 9mm "slug" as it is called will tend to bounce around inside a person enough to cause a hell of a lot more damage than most other "slugs"
That's bullshit. Bullet collisions are inelastic. The bullet slows down until it comes to a stop.
>>34731933
>from the image i posted i understand that each bullet "explodes" once it hit something. is it air expanding? does it work the same way on flesh (flesh exploding)? what is "stopping power"?
When a bullet hits flesh, it pushes the flesh outward, especially if that flesh is full of water, which it is. The bullet isn't exploding. The water is. Here's a simple experiment for you. Fire a bullet into an empty milk jug and one full of water. The empty one will have a nice hole punched in it. The one full of water will be torn apart by the water pressure.

Stopping power is the ability of a bullet to stop someone. If you shoot someone with a bullet that is too small or too slow, you'll merely wound, not kill.
>>
>>34731953
>9mm "slug" as it is called will tend to bounce around inside a person
Wtf is this bullshit?
>>
>>34731987
Idiots on /k/ spreading rumors and disinfo.
>>
>>34731953
what the fuck do you mean by slug? ignore this retard op
>>34731933
the reason why wound cavities look like that is because a bullet carries a lot of energy that's dispersed into the target, just like when something heavy or fast falls into water it displaces the water and causes a large splash rather than just sinking. a bullet carries enough energy to severely displace the insides of a target upon impact. also a bullet fragments, expands or tumbles upon impact, if a bullet can't do any of the aforementioned well it'll be bad at dispersing its energy on target and likely be less lethal. this is why hollow points are considered more lethal, they expand and dump more energy on target.
>>
>>34731933
The most damaging bullet is the .22. It's so small and brittle that onces it heads the skull, it bounces off in multiple directions, essentially turning the brain into a mushy soup.

Other calibers will just straight through, but not 22lr.
>>
File: asr.png (34KB, 322x282px) Image search: [Google]
asr.png
34KB, 322x282px
op here

>>34731987
>>34731953
>9mm "slug" as it is called will tend to bounce around inside a person

>>34732014
>also a bullet fragments, expands or tumbles upon impact

yhea, i imagined that the "dangerous part" of a bullet was it fragmentating or dissipating energy on tissues, not just making a hole. first guy explained himself like a retard but i got the message right.

also, i can see the point of "stopping power" now

thanks everyone :D
>>
>>34731933
>that each bullet "explodes"
not the bullet explodes your tissues explode then implode when hit which causes significant wear and tear and hydro-static shock traveling further away.
>>
First, a couple of things. Unless the bullet is explosive, it does not "explode" per say it is breaking up yes but not "exploding" or releasing chemical energy as you would think of explosion. However when a bullet a copper rapped lead slug strikes a fleshy mass hydrostatics kinda take over, the bullet is subjected to a deceleration force applied over the surface area of the front of the bullet. The fact the bullet is made up of a soft lead makes it more maluable and it begins to deform, as it deform the surface area on the from of the bullet increases, this where by increases the force on the surface of the bullet and the force generated by the fleshy mass. The Kendrick energy quickly dissipates into the mass forming a wound Chanel the wound channel shape is related to the expansion of the face of the bullet and the energy dispersed. At some point the deformation of the deformation of the slug becomes so great its structure can no longer support the force of deceleration and can break up into multiple pieces. Assumptions here are that this is a 9mm slug with a flat or hollow point as shown in the picture rifle rounds deform and tumble but the effect is the same
>>
>>34732061
You've been memed
>>
>>34731986

This is your answer OP. At a certain velocity/energy the effect is known to be damaging enough to shutdown the brain or ruin a spine from a torso hit that otherwise would have only caused blood loss.
>>
>>34732900
Don't show him 5.56 hits as pistol round damage, it's misleading.
>>
>>34732909

You're probably right, I just thought I should let him know there's more fun to when enough damage is done. OP, you wont see the hydrostatic shock effect come from any caliber a pistol is chambered in. It's limited to high velocity rifle rounds for the most part, 5.56X45 NATO (what most NATO assault rifles are chambered in like the M16) can do it often enough within a 100 meters before the speed drops off too much for it to be very likely.
>>
File: research2_10.jpg (57KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
research2_10.jpg
57KB, 400x352px
>>34732983
This was not to poo on the parade, as pistol rounds can make some nasty nasty wounds in people. But rifles are in another class of messiness.
>>
>>34732909
>5.56 hits
that's a hard tumble then, most 5.56 hits will only make a hole pencil thick. especially fired from an m4.
>>34732983
thank god us reduced the barrel length of service rifles significantly to avoid such nasty issues.
>>
File: 20269_tworifleshots.jpg (111KB, 360x481px) Image search: [Google]
20269_tworifleshots.jpg
111KB, 360x481px
>>34733046
vs rifles
>>
>>34733058
stop this pinhole meme m193 which is what hit that guy, fragments just fine.
>>
>>34733102
not fired from a 14" barrel it only reliably fragments fired from 18" and up
>>
>>34731933
>what's the most damaging bullet?
The one that hits the brain stem. Caliber irrelevant.
>>
>>34731953
that's .22lr you mong
>>
File: 1208801.png (156KB, 1607x653px) Image search: [Google]
1208801.png
156KB, 1607x653px
>>34733251
>it fragments at 3200fps but not 3000

stop.
>>
>>34731933
The bullet doesn't explode, but the bullet is fast enough that the flesh it hits becomes expanded as it's pushed out of the way (to the sides) very very violently
>>
>>34733251
You're literally retarded if you don't understand that barrel length combined with range of impact is determining factor in 5.56 fragmentation and yaw.

Even shit like SBRs can pull it off in short ranges, making the viable for room clearing. Even with rounds like 318 and 262 you can push frag range out on the 5.56
>>
File: 1491630129779.jpg (46KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1491630129779.jpg
46KB, 700x525px
>>34733385
>>34733251

You both know fragmenting is a by chance event that becomes more likely with greater velocity, most would agree that it starts becoming probable with 193 at 2700 fps. You both have access to the internet where you can find a plethora of information on velocity versus barrel length and the expected speed at various distances. Yet neither of you end the argument and just say: A greater barrel length gives the velocity needed to expect fragmentation at longer ranges. If anything, you should be arguing the distance where you need to put someone down quickly more than having a more weildy rifle. At 200 yards I don't care so much, good luck returning accurate fire while leaking blood, at 50 yards you have a greater chance of scoring a hit while wounded and I need you dead then.

Sincerely,
The supreme euphoric intellectual gentleman
>>
>>34733846
STOP BEING SO REASONABLE.
>>
>>34733846
Read >>34733727
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.