[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noguns here, if I buy a gun I'm not getting the display

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0234.jpg (946KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0234.jpg
946KB, 1920x1080px
noguns here, if I buy a gun I'm not getting the display model right?

I get some brand new thing that's stocked in the back... right? I want a guide to my gun and a cleaning kit and all that
>>
File: 195388492.jpg (89KB, 680x418px) Image search: [Google]
195388492.jpg
89KB, 680x418px
>>34731095
low effort
>>
>>34731095
>I get some brand new thing that's stocked in the back... right?
If your gun store is worth anything yes.
>>
>>34731103
It's literally not bait I promise

>>34731105
Ty

I asked because (people are gonna say I'm baiting for this too) on the Glock website they show their products with a nice case and everything
>>
>>34731095
No, unless it's literally the only one they have and then they'll bring that to your attention. If they're not clearing that model out they'll ask if you want to wait for the next shipment.

Or obviously if it's a used model they don't typically stock.
>>
>>34731095
>I'm not getting the display model right?
Depends on your local gun store.
>I want a guide to my gun and a cleaning kit and all that
The gun will come with a manual, it may or may not come with a cleaning kit. None of mine have. Now git.
>>
why would you care if its a display or not?
>>
>>34731526
If I'm paying $600 for a gun that is mass produced I want a brand new one.
>>
>>34731533
It is new? Stores usually have a section for used guns
>>
>>34731549
Let me rephrase, I want a gun that is new as possible and hasn't been handled by tons of customers.
>>
>>34731553
Is there a reason why? They look exactly the same
>>
>>34731095
Personally I prefer buying the gun I'm looking at. I dislike the concept of display models.

That's why I go to real dedicated gun stores instead of sporting good shops that sell guns
>>
>>34731573
Preference I guess?
>>
File: p320c.jpg (12KB, 310x266px) Image search: [Google]
p320c.jpg
12KB, 310x266px
Buy a Sig P320 compact or a Glock 19 or an H&K VP9, change your style of clothing to allow for CCW 100% of the time and carry that mother fucker with you to the grave, you pussy.
>>
>>34731596
I never understood this logic.

If you're gonna buy a gun it's to shoot it right? Its gonna get that exact same wear and tear on it from the range. The fondling by customers has no bearing on the function of the gun. Its a machine built to contain and use the energy from explosions. Racking a pistol 500 times isn't gonna do a damn thing to it.
>>
>>34731573
Because why am I paying full price for a gun with wear when I can not do that?

Do you pay full price for display model furniture everyone has farted in?
>>
>>34731095
>I get some brand new thing that's stocked in the back... right?
Okay, OP. There is only one method of achieving this, and only the 'insiders' of the gun industry know about it. When you decided upon which gun you want to buy, make sure to give the gun store clerk a wink. This tells him that you're part of the 'club'. Wait for a return wink. If he doesn't, it means you have to leave the store and never return. If he does, then congratulations! At this point you can follow him to the back storage room for your prize! However, keep in mind the final test still must be overcome. The clerk will have certain 'urges' to relieve, so you must be well-learned in the art of pleasure. I hope this helps you, OP!
>>
>>34731095
don't listen to this guy anon >>34731898

you want something comfortable so you actually wont mind ccw 100% of the time. take a look at single stacks like the shield, a subcompact glock or a small revolver like a ruger lcr. having a bigger gun is cool but itll get really annoying real quick
>>
>>34731095
like any other fucking product.

unless you buy a used one.

fucks sake anon. You could have answered this question yourself or by asking your fucking mom
>>
>>34731095
It depends. If you're at a pawn shop or LGS then you're usually buying the gun in the display case. If it's a big name store, then you'll get one innabox.
>>
>>34733037
>having a bigger gun is cool but itll get really annoying real quick

This is largely depending on your holster and belt selection. I'm a small manlet and I have no qualms carrying a Glock 19 and a spare reload all day every day because I understand the benefits of carrying a larger gun.

While comfort is a factor, shootability and effectiveness is the more dominant factor. Not one person who has been in a gunfight thought back and said "hmm, I wish I had a smaller gun". Still, if carrying a Shield enables you to want to carry every day as opposed to a Glock 19 or Glock 26, by all means go for it but please put in the extra effort into getting more effective with a smaller gun.

It may be a breeze to carry an LCP but it's gonna suck balls when you actually have to fight for your life with such a small gun, especially when your target is further out or when dealing with multiple attackers.

To anyone that carries a single stack and is offended, I apologize for giving a reasonable explanation to carrying a larger, higher capacity gun. After all, using a gun is pretty much the big part of actually carrying one in the first place, guns aren't a magic talisman you keep in your waistband that wards off evil.
>>
Bought a Tikka T3 display model at bass pro on friday. Last .308 they had. Shot it the next day. Tight as a drum.unless there's damage or missing parts, display guns are gtg.
>>
>>34733111
fair enough
>>
File: IMG_0376.png (258KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.png
258KB, 640x1136px
>>34731898
Checking in on this thread after waking up.

I'm planning on getting a Glock 17 or a Glock 19.

>>34733037
I kinda want a subcompact Glock as well, in which case I don't know if I should get a Glock 23 or a Glock 43.

The Glock 43 is apparently "Slim Line" but I don't know if that really matters for me considering I'm pretty big.

The fucking website has all this space and displays nothing in it or maybe I'm just a retard using it wrong?
>>
Also, are new generations always better in terms of the 4 Glocks I listed in this post?

>>34733301
>>
>>34731140
>>34731095
If they do sell you the display model if they're decent they'll discount it. Got a display model mossberg mvp in 223 and they tossed in a 20% discount.
>>
>>34731573
Because people are fucking retards and do retarded shit when handling display models. I've seen brand new revolvers with fucked up cylinder cranes because some faggot thought it wouls be badass to spin the cylinder and snap it shut by flicking their wrist.
>>
>this isn't a bait thread i swear!
>im going to buy a glock

:^)))))
>>
>>34733417
I'm a beginner and they're good for beginners according to like everyone.
>>
>>34733427
the only choice for a beginner is a deagle brand deagle to strengthen your wrists.
Otherwise you'll be limpwristing that glock like the faggot you are.
>>
>>34733479
Lol
>>
>>34733301
just look up vids of people comparing it to other guns

https://youtu.be/1fZw2Ph-pgg?t=3m51s
>>
>>34733527
Watching one right now, thank you.
>>
>>34733301
>Glock 23
Meant to say 26, sorry.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.