[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k, I have a couple questions here. About a year ago,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (25KB, 900x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 900x253px
Alright /k, I have a couple questions here.

About a year ago, I bought an AR15, but now im seriously beginning to question If I should have gone with an AK platform. It feels to me like a 7.62 round would be more likely to kill, or wound more seriously with one shot, while the 556 would only wond them.

So heres my question -
Should I have gone with an ak platform

And
My rifle is a 16" barrel with a carbine length gas system and A 1 in 9 barrel twist.

I want to make some sort of upgrage to greatly encourage tumbling or "exploding" projectiles.

Can/ should I upgrade to a 20" barrel for better fragmentarion and general ballistic wackyness?
Or should I just stick to soft points in a 16 inch
>>
>>34726770
If you want to kill better then forget both those toys and go .300 Win Mag or .375 H&H
>>
>It feels to me like a 7.62 round would be more likely to kill, or wound more seriously with one shot, while the 556 would only wound them
Your 16" AR will have plenty of killing potential within the effective distance of an AK. Just get an AK anyway though - everyone should have both.
>>
>Should I have gone with an ak platform
No. The wounding characteristics of 5.56 are perfectly adequate for civilian use, but if you really feel bothered by the idea of using a "small" round, get a .300 or 6.8 upper. Theres really no reason to buy an AK in this day and age, other than mechanical appreciation.
>>
File: 183.jpg (266KB, 1089x1643px) Image search: [Google]
183.jpg
266KB, 1089x1643px
>>34726779
>>34726789
Both of these are correct. The big advantage of the AR is less perceived recoil (even with the same cartridge like pic related) and lighter weight.

Also get an AK, everybody should have multiple of both. For defensive ammo you should have some mk262, TAP T2, TBBC, or similar for better performance
>>
>>34726770
>. It feels to me like a 7.62 round would be more likely to kill, or wound more seriously with one shot, while the 556 would only wond them.
You only think that because 100% of your experience with these rifles comes from video games.
>>
File: 1501408183056.jpg (66KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1501408183056.jpg
66KB, 419x249px
>>34726815
>Theres really no reason to buy an AK in this day and age, other than mechanical appreciation

Get the popcorn ready.
>>
>>34726770
What are you trying to kill?
I have 3 ar's and they all seem to kill most things I wanna shoot at.
If you wanted to, just buy an upper in 300 blackout or 7.62×39 and enjoy the modularity of the system.
>>
Just get a fucking 50 BMG, faggot. That'll kill a bad guy in 1 hit.
>>
>>34726815
556 is so weak I would literally let you shoot me in the face point blank with it cause I know I would survive. 7.62x39 on the other hand... that will kill a bad guy in 5 hits max, usually just 1 or 2.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 460x522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 460x522px
>>34726828
Wrong.

Look at military complaints of both rifles, and look at ballistic tests on youtube.

Granted alot of 7.62 can be seen sliding through ballistic gel with little to no deformation, but these 556 rounds pass through these blocks with virtually no damage. It would be safe to assume that this model of damage will somewhat correlate with a.. Meaty target. These rounds dont "fragment" like everybody likes to think they will. They are an over glorified 22 with countless engineering problems.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 250x136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 250x136px
>>34726897

Sorry, I don't have 7 dollars for one round.

What if I have a shootout with multiple hostiles?
Theres no fucking way I can shoot that fucker fast enough and have control unless im jeep mounted.
(Sorry to break your heart, but no jeep here either.)
>>
>>34727011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpWJLe0i4k0
>>
File: image.jpg (393KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393KB, 750x750px
>>34726864
Human targets specifically. (Ill pull the just incase card here.) also the 7.62 uppers have problems.
I want a real AK, not some autistic hybrid.

And honestly, if I want to move up I would just start looking for a SCAR, the 300 blackout is nice, but in emergency senario, how common would that ammo be?
>>
>>34726840
He's right. They are great guns but horribly overpriced to get a decent one.
>>
File: image.jpg (442KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
442KB, 1080x1349px
>>34727253
Fuck me.

When I bought my ar, it was because I couldnt find a fucking ak.

>no im not going to go to any gunstore, and buy the first piece of shit npap, zav, OI, or other autist "ak" just because they have one

4 months after I bought the ar, I went to the gun show. I talked to one guy in back who went

>SHIIIIT YOU WERENT HERE IN MARCH?!
>my buddy bought a crate from overseas that was packed to the brim with new WASRS. they were still in the bag, and packed to the barrel in grease. You couldnt get near them without havin a raincoat on! He was even selling them for 200$ each. These were the real deal son"

Instantly got bloodshot eyeballs pissed, turned around, and left the show.

Never been so fucking pissed about guns in my entire life
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.