[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are special forces allowed to endanger their lives by growing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

Why are special forces allowed to endanger their lives by growing beards? They won't be able to create a proper seal with their gas masks when the time comes.

And don't tell me that there is no danger, why require literally EVERYONE in the military to be able to create a proper gas mask seal if there was no danger of an enemy gas attack?
>>
>>34724782
They just shave it off if they need to put a gas mask on.
>>
Because the benefits of ingratiating yourself to a local populace that associates beard growth with status is far more immediate in a slow burn counter-insurgency than catering to the effectively nonexistent threat of chemical weapons. If there was an identified threat of gas, they'd shave.
>>
>>34724788
I'm pretty sure the leathality time of most chemical weapons is shorter than the world record shaving time
>>
The beard is his gasmask
>>
>>34724782
Do you really thing gas mask tech hasn't evolved from WW1 while everything else has?
>>
Same reason they get to break lots of rules. Some regulars are fucking retarded so they have lots of rules to protect retards from themselves, special forces don't except retards so can forgo these rules.

Think about the stupidest fucker you have ever seen in uniform, this is who the rules are written around. Sure he will probably never see chemical weapons but if you think he might you can't run the risk of that stupid fucker telling the media so it's easier to just have him always ready to deal with chemicals to protect OPSEC and his stupid ass at the same time.
>>
>>34724782
>proper seal

Hello, person from the early 70s, gas mask technology has advanced quite a bit the past few decades and beards are not a hindrance anymore.
>>
>>34725023
There exists no full face gas mask that can create a proper seal if there is a beard that rests upon the seal line
>>
>>34725053
good thing nobody uses chemical weapons outside of a few total idiots and fringe groups
>>
>>34725053
Yes there is. An American Sikh invented one.
>>
>>34724821
This. Earning respect from some of the locals and reducing the odds of getting ambushrd > a very small risk of gas attack
>>
>>34725089

Source?
>>
>>34725072
>good thing nobody uses chemical weapons outside of a few total idiots and fringe groups
so, basically the CIA?
>>
>>34725095
Don't know where he got the "invented one" shit from but he definitely passed the gas chamber with a beard. Everyone bitches about Muslims and shit wanting a beard but immediately forget all the black people that have no-shave waivers.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/721932
>>
File: 1500294187382.jpg (310KB, 1440x1622px) Image search: [Google]
1500294187382.jpg
310KB, 1440x1622px
>>34724782
>>
>>34724782
It helps them blend in with the locals
Chances of a gas attack are negligable
>>
>>34725165
even with a no-shave chit they still have to keep their facial hair trimmed to 1/4" or less
>>
>>34724782
>They won't be able to create a proper seal with their gas masks when the time comes
i wasnt aware it was still 1916
>>
>>34724782
Do they even carry gas masks?
>>
>>34724821
This. Beards in those countries mean they're men: you get more help and less ire when people respect you. Gas attacks are really really rare.

Most of what the shaving has been kept is that there' an image of "professionalism" associated with clean shaven men. You'll find that goes away the deeper in the shit you are. Combat deployed units can end up looking rather scraggly. Special forces for their part end up looking absolutely bristly.

>>34724963
For some chemical weapons it's shorter than the time to put on a gas mask: it's one breath and you're screwed. If you aren't warned ahead of time, your probably won't get any "GAS GAS GAS" and you're just done for.

>>34725089
I can only find the Canadian Sikh patent but that's cool shit.
>>
>>34725095
>>34725234
Sorry, I guess he was Canadian.
>>
The military is just decades behind present time with their traditions. They're back when only niggers wore blue jeans, everyone clean shaved unless you were homeless, and you took your hat off in doors. The "you won't make a proper seal with a beard" argument has been baseless for a very long time. It's just easier to regulate clean shaven than it is to say what types of facial hair are professional or not.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>34724782
> muh grooming standards
>>
>>34724821
>ingratiating yourself to a local populace
Is it though? Isn't there a bit of LARPing too? It's not like pashtun goat fuckers tell themselves "nah, he's cool, he's got a beard, he's one of us".
>>
>>34725401
They don't say, "he's one of us" they say, "ah, this American is an actual man, unlike those hairless she-men at the FOB"

It's like how you wouldn't call a man in a yellow sun dress a man. Sure, you recognize him visually as a man, but you don't respect him as such
>>
>>34725401
>It's not like pashtun goat fuckers tell themselves "nah, he's cool, he's got a beard, he's one of us".
They basically do. Its not so much a thing in cosmopolitanism Kabul, but in the tribal areas people without beards are either not real men yet or are women. Either way, the beardless are not taken seriously or given much respect.
>>
>>34724782
Because the chance of getting hit by a chemical attack in Afghanistan and Iraq is almost zero.

>>34725401
It's more of a sign of authority toward Afghan forces. ODAs work alongside them and lead them into combat and in Afghan culture, long beard = authority.

A side bonus is that some Taliban or ISIS would mistakenly ID SF guys as ANA.
>>
>>34725529
Also, beardless men (berisha halekan) in Pashtun culture are seen as fuckbois. I had to... protect myself from their advances.
>>
>>34724782
it's not that the beard will block a gas mask seal, you skin on rubber is not a seal, the robber being tight as fuck against your face is making a seal, and some compressed hair aint gonna stop that

it's just that SF guys are literally paid to be trusted to not die to NBC shit, regular pvt dickface is literally not paid enough or trained enough for the government to just assume he's smart enough to tighten his gas mask properly

also you're probably severely overestimating the range of operations or places that SF types work in, you dont just have SF guys sitting in a trench or guarding a building waiting for a potential NBC threat. theyre the guys half way across the country killing a dozen people in an underground factory making chemical weapons
>>
>>34725558
But I thought faggots were born that way and it *wasn't* a learned behavior usually stemming from childhood sexual abuse. Have I been misinformed?
>>
>>34725628
It's probably a combination of the two. The brains of feminine gay men have been proven to be closer to those of straight women than straight men. A culture that sees young, beardless men as sexual objects would also cause faggotry.
>>
>>34725628
I bet you think child brides also choose to marry men 40 years their elder, yeah man?
>>
My friend travel in Afghanistan without beard, and no one say him something about beard, because he just say - i'm shuravi, and all start good talk.
>>
>>34725361
POO LEASE THAT MOOSTASH
>>
>>34725729

YOR MOOSTACHE HAIRS IS IN VIOLATIONS
>>
>>34725753
GRONE BEYOND THE CORNER OF YA MOUTH
>>
>>34725766
on a serious note what kind of accent is that guy's character supposed to have?
>>
>>34724821
SPBP
>>
>>34725961
A very exaggerated southern accent.
>>
>>34725689
>My friend travel in Afghanistan without beard, and no one say him something about beard, because he just say - i'm shuravi

I don't believe you.
>>
>>34724782

I'm sure they would find a way to make it work

if WWI breaks out, they just shave it
>>
>>34725628
It's not gay to stick it in a fuckboi's ass. That's what fuckbois are there for. They're not men, they're fuckbois so it isn't gay.

This is how those people think. Their culture has decided that it's not gay if they don't have a beard and you're on top.
>>
File: 2146593443.png (16KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
2146593443.png
16KB, 600x543px
>>34726198
>>
>>34725961

he freaked me out because he was aidentical to my cadet school instructor down to the tone and pitch of the shouting
>>
>>34725628
I don't know, why don't you tell us Phil?
>>
>>34726230
That's not how these people think. It's not the penis that makes a man, it's the beard and the bottoming.
>>
>>34724782
The beards are to garnish respect with local nationals not to look cool, even tho they do look cool.
>>
>>34725196
>It helps them blend in with the locals
In full tacticool gear...
Not ot mention the blond hairs, the silhouette, the full-time-gym muscles etc, actually it's written "i'm a spec op" in neon caps all over him. They grow a beard because it looks badass, they feel stronger, period.
>>
Hah, you think MOPP gear protects against modern chemical weapons in combat. Its like the legion of mongoloids touching all your shit in the airport. It is just there to make you feel safe, so that you don't tell your commanders to go fuck themselves when you are ordered into battle against someone tossing Novichok agents around. Or the North Korean And Soviet formulas designed to penetrate and defeat protective gear.

They are allowed to have beards because the actual threat they face is being recognized and targeted by intelligence operations, and given that their missions are in sensitive areas, getting blown would get you killed a lot of the time.
>>
>>34725559
mostly this.
the fact that you've picked this subject to sperg over, suggest that you are a no beard.
>>
>>34726273
Oh and that makes the fucked gay, not the fucker.
Middle East has a surprisingly high amount of faggots
>>
>>34726316
No as stated many times by many people it is to garner as much respect as possible from locals. Beards are part of their culture this is a fact and its a fact that SF dude's having beards have helped them interact positively with local tribals. Those other things are a bonus though, yes.
>>
>>34726397
>it is to garner as much respect as possible from locals
Truly an american delusional point of view. It's literally a tourist behaviour to think that the locals will respect you because you mimic them. It's like a gaijin putting on a kimono in Japan in the hope no one will notice the trickery.
>>
>>34724782
>allowed to endanger their lives
You mean by signing up to go to war?
>>
>>34726559
yup, beards were allowed well before we started the War for Goatfuckistan.
>>
File: IMG_5063.png (509KB, 545x397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5063.png
509KB, 545x397px
So are the ol fashioned moustashes from days yonder now gone?
>>
>>34726559
>It's like a gaijin putting on a kimono in Japan in the hope no one will notice the trickery.
You laugh but that's almost literally how the British stole tea from China.

A Scotsman was sent into China, disguised as a Chinaman, on a special mission to steal tea plants from the Chinese government in order to break the tea monopoly. Not only did it work, he came back with 20k of the things.
>>
>>34725045
> ive never done CBRN drills
>>
>>34726316
>Blonde hair
Well the guy in OP isn't blonde. Are you also implying there are no blonde Afghans?
>Sillouette
That of a man? When dudes are wearing robes or otherwise bundled up they look the same from a distance. Sure they don't pass for locals up front, but they do from 100 meters away.
>>
>>34725429
“Flint of Etamin?” a woman inquired. She had no sex appeal; she was flat-breasted, cloud-white, and spoke with a strong Imp accent. Flint presumed this really was Imperial Earth, and he didn’t like it.

“Etamin—double star on the Fringe,” she said. Her voice was low but not soft.

This elicited a spark of interest. “You mean Sol isn’t double?” he inquired. He was not being facetious; it had not occurred to him that Sol should differ from his home sun in this significant respect. No wonder Sol was so faint in the sky. But of course there was no reason a single star should not support life; it was the planet that counted.

“Please don this tunic,” she said, holding out a bolt of red cloth.

“You want me to put on a red dress?” he asked incredulously.

“It is not a dress. It is an Imperial tunic. All citizens wear them, males and females. You will note that I wear one.”

Flint looked again. This Imp was not merely flat-breasted, but non-breasted. “You’re male!” he said, surprised. The dress and the smooth, unbearded face had deceived him, but the voice and chest should have given him the hint. He was being dangerously unobservant.
>>
>>34726559
>I've never been in the Middle East or A stan, but I"m gonna run my cock holster anyway : The Post
The sad state of /k/. It's becoming /b/ with guns
>>
>>34727211
what was it before?
>>
>>34725072
>good thing nobody uses chemical weapons outside of a few total idiots and fringe groups
Like... ISIS?
>>
File: 20170528_234727.jpg (43KB, 276x280px) Image search: [Google]
20170528_234727.jpg
43KB, 276x280px
>Blending in with the locals!
That sounds like a faggot pro-diversity line.
>"muh special forces!"
Those faggots need to go, they've LOST every single war they've been in, cost us unreasonable amount of money for little gain.
If we wanted to win a war, we'd look at successful takeovers.
>Veitnam
>China
>Red Russia
Copy their doctrine, get rid of the notion of "special forces".
>>
>>34727675
>Vietnam
>China
>Red Russia
>Copy their doctrine, get rid of the notion of "special forces".
All three of them had special forces.
>>
>>34727211
I travelled a lot more than the /fa/ggot in OP, I hope he's a better shooter than psychologist because this "beard tactic" is beyond retarded.
>>
>>34727675
>blending in with the locals is bad because muh librul boogeyman
Holy shit kill yourself
>>
Because modern US soldiers are trained to fight peasants from the 3rd world, not a modern army capable of using gas weapons
>>
>>34727714
The communist takeover emphasised a "people's war", not "mah supa sekret operatas"
Insurgents live and die by the population, in areas where US support is high emphasize on building infrastructure using local labor, and ensure that safety and comfort are provided.
In non controlled areas?
Go full project Phoenix.
>>
File: 1501082781379.jpg (95KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501082781379.jpg
95KB, 500x750px
>>34725035
>special forces don't except retards

kek.
>>
>explaining war to kids

Kids there was a war. Shut the fuck up. It's over and you weren't part of it.
>>
>>34727939
Right, but they still utilized special forces in practice. PLAF had division 100, PLA had informally elite divisions that trained guerillas and the Russians had GRU Spetznaz.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.