[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to guns. The user manual for my Mossberg 500 keeps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 3-gun-competitions-920x460.jpg (97KB, 920x460px) Image search: [Google]
3-gun-competitions-920x460.jpg
97KB, 920x460px
I'm new to guns. The user manual for my Mossberg 500 keeps telling me to check that the bore is clear and clean, but how do i do that without pointing the gun at myself? Am I supposed to dismantle the gun or is there an easier way?
>>
>>34723856
The "always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction" rule is going to be broken from time to time. Clear the gun, check the chamber if it's empty, repeat as many times as you feel necessary, then you can look down the barrel. Or you can just remove the barrel because it's fucktard easy.
>>
>>34723867
>then you can look down the barrel

Nice trolling attempt but I'm not falling for it.
>>
>>34723886
Dude, you literally have to look down the barrel if you wanna check if it's clean. If you can't get over your irrational fear of cylindrical tubes of metal, just pull the barrel off so there is nothing attached to hit the primer on that invisible shell that you seem to think is in there.
>>
>>34723932
Related but different question: Why is it impossible to load two shells into the chamber/barrel?
>>
>>34723956
Because you have a single barrel shotgun.

>>34723886
Are you afraid of looking through pipes as well? Do telescopes frighten you?
>>
>>34723956
Sure you can but a 20 gauge shell in first then a 12.

Or better yet take the barrel off and put a shell in the barrel you should be able to see what's happening.
>>
>>34723956
Cause there's a lip on the shell that catches.
>>
>reading gun manuals
lmao
>>
>>34723991
Because you have a single barrel shotgun.
>>34723993
Sure you can but a 20 gauge shell in first then a 12.

So my understand from these comments is that the barrel is smaller than the chamber/shell and so there's no way you could have a rogue shell in the barrel (aka two shells or something). Is that right?

What happens if I load the chamber directly, then put another sell on the elevator and then push the forearm foreward (aka trying to chamber two shells with force). Will it basically crush the first shell and possibly cause bad things to happen?
>>
I swear, /k/ is the easiest board to troll.
>>
>>34723856
wow.
"check that the bore is clear and clean" can be safely done after determining the chamber is empty.
>>
>>34724050
Look up how gun chambers and extractors work. Try and find images or something. You don't seem to understand the concept at all.
>>
>>34723932

will someone think of THE RULES?!
>>
>>34724050
You wouldn't be able to chamber shit, it would just get stuck unless you crush things with your retard strength.
Do you even have your fucking gun, fundle with it a bit, work the action with your eyes open, look at how things move, it's a mechanical device, not voodoo magic. Are you such a tard that you can't comprehend a few moving parts?
>>
>>34724034
I had a guy at the fun store ask me if I read the manual to my 10/22. I chuckled a little bit and he didn't seem amused. I bet he keeps all his manuals in a file cabinet somewhere.
>>
>>34723856
Just stop... do NOT get advice from 4chan pon guns. Go take a gun safely class and stop being a tool.
>>
1. Empty shotgun of ammunition
2. Open the action by pulling the pump
3. Leave in the rearward position
4. Use finger to make sure there is no shell in the chamber or one that would chamber if the chamber is closed. If there is take it out and double check there is no ammunition. If clear go to step 5
5.Look down the barrel, a small flashlight helps
>>
File: based.jpg (3MB, 4292x2844px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
3MB, 4292x2844px
>>34723856
if you're inspecting it for the first time after buying it it's a good idea to actually do a partial disassembly.

clear the firearm and make safe.
unscrew the cap on the end of the mag tube. once this is clear, work the barrel assembly free by pulling outward from the receiver while turning slightly. inspect the inside of the barrel for cleanness and surface uniformity
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.