[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an SVD a worthy purchase? >inb4 Dragunov There are others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1630.jpg (270KB, 990x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1630.jpg
270KB, 990x608px
Is an SVD a worthy purchase?
>inb4 Dragunov
There are others that are much more wallet friendly made by other countries, such as the Romanian PSL.
I've been reading/watching accuracy tests and it seems to be a solid DMR but could I be getting more bang for my buck with something else?

Help me out here /k/.
>>
>>34723185
PSLs aren't SVDs. They are PSLs. And they are cheap shit. Surplus ammo is gone. They don't shoot particularly accurately. They are just giant AKs.

This was a fucking dumb thread that should be in qtddtot.
>>
A PSL isn't an SVD. It's a completely different rifle that is derived from the RPK.
>>
>>34723185
If you want a DMR that presents great bang for your buck just buy or build an AR-10.
>>
>>34723185
Just get an MR762. It uses the same gas-system as an SVD. Its much closer to an SVD than the PSL.
>>
>>34723255
>They don't shoot particularly accurately.
Mine does, and has the best feeling trigger of any ak I've got. It's not like they just threw shit standard parts together. Unless wasrs all have really nice triggers like that, IDK. It just has a nice stop in the trigger before you release the hammer, and a very clean break.
>>34725245
>derived from the RPK.
Somewhat maybe, but it's very different and built from the ground up to be what it is. It has a massively oversized, heavier, & longer bolt carrier/bolt, and much longer piston/gas tube etc. The receiver is longer too. It's built to put most of the weight back by the shooter, so it actually feels a bit lighter to shoot offhand than my vepr308, which is actually lighter by almost half a pound.
It's not at all like the parts from my vepr rifles or other aks that share roughly the same exact bolt carrier, in which the bolts and carriers are swappable regardless of caliber(minus 12ga). Even if it wasn't for the long gas piston of the psl, the parts aren't at all the same in size and won't even go into the receiver of another ak.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.