[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does flight school really need to be 2 years? If we went to war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1540.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1540.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
Does flight school really need to be 2 years? If we went to war with Russia or China could they condense it or is every one of those 730 days absolutely necessary?
>>
I don't have experience of the fighter side, but with heavys there was a lot of downtime between flights but a lot of that has to do with being able to turn the jets from one flight to the next. I guess with a boost in mx guys they could cut some time down.

The other major factor was weather and you can't really fix that. Depending on the aircraft and the qual you're getting there could be several mandatory events for a check ride that they wont let you do if the weather is shitty.

They could just cut those out of the profile but at that point you could start cutting a lot of shit and just pump out sub par pilots.
>>
>>34723007
>If we went to war with Russia or China could they condense it

of course
>>
>>34723007
that's what air force reserves are for
>>
>>34723007
https://youtu.be/gJU5DDh0DEc?list=PLR8X5I0C1LF5kaxAE2z_pPy6RMSr89tBx&t=2398
>>
you know what's faster than spending 2 years training a fighter jock? Downloading control software into a drone. Heck, you could use RC drones, as you don't have to worry so much about the physiological stress of flying then, let alone any SERE shit
>>
>>34725360
>Downloading control software into a drone
Drones are controlled by pilots.
>>
>>34723007
If they say so. Iz just a grunt with an m16. Dependable and expendable. If you want to fly multi million dollar machines you gotta work for it.
>>
>>34723007
>is every one of those 730 days absolutely necessary?

You'd need less than 2 weeks to learn how to start-up, fly, and operate the weapon systems of most modern military aircraft. But that doesn't mean you'd be good at it.

Just like shooting, really.

Now the question is, do we really have a surplus of military aircraft worth millions that we can entrust to poorly trained pilots?
>>
>>34725539
>Now the question is, do we really have a surplus of military aircraft worth millions that we can entrust to poorly trained pilots?

No.
>>
They could retrain other military pilots (eg cargo or tanker) onto fighters, and more easily replace those with civil pilots (in a major war, civil air travel will be heavily curtailed). They can recruit former pilots who had either gone into a non-flying senior position, or left the military. Also, they can scale up simulator numbers to compress training.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 373x135px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 373x135px
>>34723007
In extreme emergencies they could shorten it to a 2 hour course with complementary headbands
>pic related
>>
my pipeline on technician was 1.5 years and .5 on ojt. buddy is going fighter and there's a lot of time between schools. of course shit gets abridged. what you're asking for is no time between courses, and 12-16 hours shifts with 1 day off. then yes, 2 years becomes 6-7 months(?) best guestimate. probably in that realm with several hundred hours in the air. speaking generally, you can cram a lot of information in, take a test, but not know what the fuck you are talking about. need time to develop those skills that coincide with knowledge. 2 years is fine
>>
>>34726676
What did he do to get a fighter seat?
>>
>>34723067
>The other major factor was weather and you can't really fix that.

You could always move the schools to Nevada/Arizona/California and get 330+ days of sunshine per year
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.