[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k, I have a couple questions here. About a year ago,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
Alright /k, I have a couple questions here.

About a year ago, I bought an AR15, but now im seriously beginning to question If I should have gone with an AK platform. It feels to me like a 7.62 round would be more likely to kill, or wound more seriously with one shot, while the 556 would only wond them.

So heres my question -
Should I have gone with an ak platform

And
My rifle is a 16" barrel with a carbine length gas system and A 1 in 9 barrel twist.

I want to make some sort of upgrage to greatly encourage tumbling or "exploding" projectiles.

Can/ should I upgrade to a 20" barrel for better fragmentarion and general ballistic wackyness?
Or should I just stick to soft points in a 16 inch
>>
not sure
>>
Go buy a 300 Blackout barrel; congrats, you now have an AR-AK.
>>
>>34719040
556 kills just as effectively as 7.62x39, but with greater effective range

That said you should still get an AK. They're awesome guns. Get a wasr or a slr-107r
>>
Look for solid brass and solid copper hollow points, brand new potential in a 16"
>>
>>34719040
Depends on what you're shooting.

5.56 will kill pretty well if you use the right bullet.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 900x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 900x253px
>>34719166
Ive been looking for the correct wasr for years.
Bery first gun Ive ever wanted.

I chose the 556 fisrt, just because of customability with lights n shit.

Two months after I got it, a perfect wasr with stamp from76' showed up with a dong, and I missed it.
5 months later, (at the gun show I FUCKING MISSED), vendors were tellimg me there was a guy selling uncrated, grease bagged wasrs for 200 a piece because of hellish grease EVERYWHERE. theyre getting harder and harder to find and its pissing me off.

I just want a good 762
>>
>>34719190
I bought for shtf, just because.
I want to make sure If I ever shoot anything, its going to drop, and not run away, and wait to return some lead kisses.
>>
>>34719212
that sucks. but honestly anon the 107r will be "better"

reason I say that it quotes is it is subjective. Some people get AK's for more than just sheer functionality. As far as reliability, QC, furniture, trigger... it will be way better
>>
>>34719040
In my opinion ( anon, I work for a major manufacturer of firearms, the ar15 is life, yo)

18 is a decent length. 16-18 inch barrels are just fine for the average user. Don't focus so much on the lethality, focus on learning the platform. The ar15 is a fighting tool, as the ak series. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Both are equally lethal, and are known world wide.

Both work. Any given platform in either model would serve well for a long time.

Unless your kicking in doors all the God damn time, and getting shot at, in that case. . .

Either one would work too. It's shooter preference.
>>
>>34719106
Not quite. Look at cost per round. Even shit Russian ammo is good for fighting.
>>
>>34719040
Imo 7.62x39 is more fun to shoot at the range because of perceived recoil and firepower so if that's what you're after you should've gone ak. However 5.56 and 5.45 have a proven capacity to kill despite being small bullets with low recoil so I wouldnt be worried about not being able to kill people/things.
>>
File: image.jpg (967KB, 1608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
967KB, 1608x1080px
>>34719302
I love the way they look.
Gas tube isnt as sleek though

Ive seen some of these old wasrs get run over by soviet flatbeds and still fire a full mag after being bent. I have yet to see an arsenal test of this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.