[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ Bought my first handgun today. M&P shield 9mm with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3963.jpg (16KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3963.jpg
16KB, 290x174px
Hey /k/
Bought my first handgun today. M&P shield 9mm with thumb safety.
I was in muhreens and I'm used to safeties. I can always leave it off, didn't seem like a bad idea to have options.
It was on sale for $350, got a free mag and $75 dollar rebate. The store had another sale for an extra $100 where I got 200 rounds, an extra mag, a box of defense ammo, and a shitty holster.

So for a little under $500 I got a new shield, two extra magazines (total of 4), 200 rounds FMJ and some hollow point.

How'd I do, guys?
>>
>>34717769
Probably could have passed on the gun store's deal but price was standard and the rebate has been a good option.

Should serve you well.
>>
>>34717769
Meh. $500 could've gotten you a lot of really, really nice handguns, but would've, should've, could've.
>>
A solid first handgun. Enjoy her well, OP
>>
File: hk-vp9-1920x1080-2.jpg (578KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hk-vp9-1920x1080-2.jpg
578KB, 1920x1080px
Thats a pretty good deal. The price on M&P shields is right. I was actually about to pull the trigger on one but went with a VP9 instead.

I held back after reading they might make a 2.0 version down the line like they did with the regular M&P. Even if they do it won't be a deal like they're selling for now. I'd say the M&P shield is the best CC gun on the market now.
>>
>>34717769
I just got this gun too, nice choice man. I couldn't decide between this and the m&p 9C for campus carry (HB280), but this was less than half the price so I figured why not.
I paid $200 even for this gun about a month ago after the $75 "savings you can carry" rebate. Picked up an extra mag for $28 which wasn't the best deal, but oh well. FFL was only charging $15, which was nice.
I'll either get the aliengear cloak tuck 4.0 or a CYA holster from amazon. Still can't decide.
Haven't picked out ammo yet, open to thoughts on carry ammo and holster, anon.
>>
>>34717769
Give us a range report when you get around to it.
>>
>>34717809
True. I'm not yet knowledgeable on ammo prices so maybe they talked me in to getting the extra deal. Oh well. This is how ya learn.
>>34717841
It's my first handgun, I didn't want to go all out on a super nice handgun while first learning. I'll save up for an upgrade later on down the road.
>>34717917
I'm looking at holsters now as well. Let us know what you decide.
>>34717938
Will do. Won't be for a week or so. I'm in MA no gun state, and all the ranges around me require memberships with annual dues so I need to cough up another $300 to actually shoot the thing.
>>
>>34717917
>ammo
I use speer gold dot 124 gr +p short barrel but any of the major players will do: federal hst, winchester lawman/pdx defender, and hornady critical defense for short barrel performance.
>>
>>34717999
>It's my first handgun, I didn't want to go all out on a super nice handgun while first learning. I'll save up for an upgrade later on down the road.
Buy once cry once, is all I'm sayin'
>>
File: IMG_0873.jpg (69KB, 561x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
69KB, 561x552px
>>34717769
540 for the 2.0

You dun goofed
>>
>>34717769
woah woah woah, are they still doing the rebate? i thought that was long done.
>>
>>34717769
Price is meh (they were $250 not so long ago, including the $50 rebate) but the shield is a nice gun, I'm sure you'll like it.
>>
>>34717769
Better to train to always sweep the safety on draw than leave it off anytime you have a gun equipped with safety.
>>
>>34717769
I have the .40 I got as a gift. I don't know why everyone here cries about the thumb safety, I've never had problems during drills or anything else. It's a nice slim conceal carry piece and I don't have any complaints about it.
>>
>>34718730
I've had a 1911 and a CZ75 for years and yeah, that Shield safety is easy to whiff if you're not used to it.
>>
>>34717850
The VP9 is literally just a worse PPQ.
>>
>>34717769
You should get some talon grip on it or something similar. After I installed the grip it made a world of difference.
>>
>>34718644
The gun itself was $350.
>>
>>34718679
They are doing the rebate in communist states because in free states they are doing a cool magazine sale that aren't allowed in my state
>>
File: PPQ fags get rekt.jpg (87KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
PPQ fags get rekt.jpg
87KB, 1080x720px
>>34720643
Its a better PPQ you mean.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.