[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever done this and made a profit? Some old 22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

Has anyone ever done this and made a profit? Some old 22 can be pretty cheap.
>>
>>34717121
>Some
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/17/handing-zip-guns-buy-backs/
god i love american capitalism and ingenuity
>>
>>34717121
Zip guns are even cheaper. Some pipe, endcap, nail, and some wood.
>>
These buybacks happen all the time in LA and surrounding areas. One guy apparently bought a bunch of flare guns and starter pistols and traded them in in the nineties, but the cops are wise to it ever since then
>>
>>34717138
Fpbp goddamn
>>
>>34717138
>clickbait article where the cops didn't even accept the guns
I am disappoint.
>>
File: 97593.jpg (56KB, 900x619px) Image search: [Google]
97593.jpg
56KB, 900x619px
>>34717182
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/22/5-homemade-shotguns-handed-100-gun-give-back/
point is people are creative, well non minority americans anyway
>>
File: yfbks0hxnc8z.jpg (39KB, 446x435px) Image search: [Google]
yfbks0hxnc8z.jpg
39KB, 446x435px
>>34717121
> Those Mak90's, one of which is milled
Fug
>>
>>34717242
Got get that target gift card Tyron!!
>>
i feel we should turn this into a homemade weapons thread
\http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/03/locally-made-katta-pistols-seized-across-india/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/06/16/australian-police-10-firearms-seized-homemade/
>>
>>34717272
>>34717198
>>34717138
Are you improguns? Do you get paid per click?
>>
First SKS is a Romanian!
>>
>>34720230
worth about $650
>>
>>34717272
>>34717198
>>34717138
you forgot your daddy's trip
>>
>>34717121
LAPD (and most large PD's in liberal cities) stage this shit all the time. Go back and look at older buybacks and you'll see the SAME FUCKING GUNS in the pictures. You bet your ass they've had most of those for decades and they bring them out for photos when needed, because the truth is most of the shit surrendered are broken/shit guns and the rest are people who don't want guns anymore/kids of dead people with guns/people who don't know any better

>went to the atlanta buyback a few months ago
>bunch of butthurt liberals and cops there trying to be assholes
>still came away with a few good items for cheap
>>
>>34717121
Yes, so much so that some buybacks don't buy those back.
>>
>>34717121
Those guns aren't going to be destroyed a-are they? Those SKS's and that Sten deserve a better fate than becoming some liberal's giant slag dildo statue.
>>
>>34720277

The one in Atlanta, cops checked to see if the guns were "functional". I had a couple I stripped of everything but what was needed to make the gun fired and everything passed flying colors.

My favorite is to get single shot rifles, part them out (sometimes bolt assembly can go for $100-150), and replace it with a bolt rubber banded to the receiver. I drill a small hole, put in a finishing nail with loctite, and that's the firing pin. Pull rubber band back and the 'bolt' will slam home when you pull the trigger. Took one of those up there to ATL one, got a very nasty look from one of the organizers realizing what I did, but still got my gift card which I gave to my grandmother for her birthday.
>>
>>34720292

No, they go into the LAPD's vault until the next buyback.

Seriously, I've seen that same fucking MAK90 in probably 4-5 press photos they've done over the years. Recognize the importers mark above the grip. The sten is another one they like to pull out and at one time they were pulling out demilled/spent AT4 tubes and acting like they were pulling actual rocket launchers off the street.

Trust me, I was really tempting to buy one of the Spanish Bazookas from Centerfire for $99 and take it to the Atlanta buyback just to read some liberal journalist literally shaking in their article about how the ATL buyback recovered a rocket launcher.
>>
>>34720325
>Spanish Bazookas from Centerfire for $99
>no trigger group (i bet that can be fixed)
>still cannot be sold to cali residents
kekpocalypse
>>
File: 789789.png (167KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
789789.png
167KB, 500x664px
>>34717121
At least spare the Sten. She fought too hard to deserve this treatment!
>>
>>34720309
Can we fire bomb these gun buy backs
Most unamerican shit ever.
>>
>>34720325
You're telling me you've looked at the press photos of the same gun buyback for years and noticed the subtle appearance of the same weapons in each one? This board's autism is the most beautiful thing.

The fakeness of the liberal media never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>34720352

They rarely do them in Atlanta anymore, because they realize we all come in from around the state and buy half of the shit from people before they even make it to the tables. Really pisses them off. Cops were a little more aggressive than last time around but perfectly legal and I know my state rep on a first name basis. They know not to chimp out.

When I was a kid, my great-grandfather bought hundreds of the old M16 trainer units from a surplus auction up at Fort Bragg. The metal ones that are non-functioning. Back then nobody checked shit and he'd drive to buybacks all over the Southeast during Clinton and turn in those trainers. Get up to $250-300 per since they were "assault weapons". He'd also get LAW tubes for $10-20 and they'd take them bitches for a couple hundred too. Of course LAW spent tubes are legal to own, but expect liberals to know that. You might think it's funny, but he put most of those profits into investment accounts he made for his three great-grandchildren. Trust until I turned 25 and when I received it a few years ago, was closer to seven figures than six...
>>
>>34720400
Yeah I guess you like Atlanta georgia alot.
I just fucking hate gun control laws and hate it even more in Canada.
Imagine getting caught with a spent law.
In leaf land no less.
>I wanna own an rpg7
>>
>>34720382

I save photos of every buyback I come across. California ones are notorious for having press guns to display. Uzis, Mac's, pre-ban AK's, Stens, etc.

Notice how all four of those AK's are pre-ban. Norincos. MAK90, 84S underfolder, and the two AK's above it. Chinese sling on the one with darker wood, same type of sling on MAK90 and same type of sling that was bundled with those guns back in the 80's and early 90's. Also observe G3 is a pre-ban, that AR has a fixed carry handle and A2 stock, and appears to be a Tec 22 at the end of the table, middle gun (from right end of table).
>>
>>34720431
You think they cart the same guns around and set them up at buybacks all across the state?
>>
ALSO:

http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-gun-buyback-20141216-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-lapd-guns-20170519-story.html

More guns out there today versus years ago but they always recover "nearly 800" each time? You can even see the four Norincos and the G3 in the 2014 buyback video still.
>>
>>34720453
There is only two... And I bet it's all Chink shit and shit machine pistols
Still unamerican
Why are we not doing something about this.
>>
>>34720453

Depends on organization, but most major cities are sitting on thousands of guns for various reasons. LAPD has specific guns they bring out for buybacks because pictures of broken single shots would look bad.

Look at the 2017 link >>34720454

FUCKING AT-4's and PRE-BAN GUNS. I told you, it's the same fucking shit every fucking time.
>>
http://www.laweekly.com/news/2-rocket-launchers-turned-in-during-lapd-gun-buyback-photos-4173765

TWO ROCKET LAUNCHERS SURRENDERED IN 2012, TWO MORE IDENTICAL ROCKET LAUNCHERS IN 2017?

I guess Pablo has a warehouse of these and just dumps a few off each time around?
>>
>>34720480

>The official told us this is not that unusual, that "we've had them in the past."

Notice the Norincos making a guest appearance?
>>
File: 1501557626107.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1501557626107.gif
1MB, 480x287px
Here's something crazy to notice on TV!

Whenever you see a blonde haired ponytail chick
Notice the white guy will have a flat head.
Either in a hair cut or being cropped by the top of the TV screen...

Now your gonna freak out! I promise!
>>
File: 32423342343.gif (2MB, 330x225px) Image search: [Google]
32423342343.gif
2MB, 330x225px
>>34720454
So this.... is the power of my state's government. At least the pre ban guns didn't get destroyed but they deserve better than being used as anti gun virtue signaling props.
>>34720480
I get your point. You can clearly see one of the SKS's they like to use. Either Pablo and friends are making bank with their shed full of spent rocket tubes or the LAPD just wants to trick libtards into thinking these buybacks actually work.
Also how's this for a YRYL: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/10/calif-elementary-school-offers-toy-gun-buyback/
>>
>>34720509

Not just that but it's a massive money laundering operation.

>95 People Donated $10,000 To Fund The Buyback

What better way to launder money than charitable donations that get handed out as "gift cards" for surrendered firearms where records aren't being kept of who brought what in? Who is to say that only 200 instead of 800 guns were turned in? Buy 100k worth of gift cards but did you really give out 100k worth of gift cards?

Before you tell me to put my tinfoil on, Yeland Lee. Californian public servants are by far the most corrupt in the entire country.

What a real journalist should have done is log down serial numbers at these press conferences and then compare them each year, then ask how are the same guns being recovered each year. Either the LAPD is faking it or the guns they recover are making it back onto the streets. But don't depend on journalists to do real journalism anymore.
>>
>>34720564
Nigger, do you honestly think the state doesn't have better ways to launder money than with Target gift cards? You're too retarded to own a gun. Remember that scene in Scarface where that banker shows up at Tony's telling him he has his money situation under control and no one will be the wiser because he bought millions in Visa pre-paid cards? Nah, nigga because that's a dumb fucking idea.
>>
>>34720564
Again why are we not croc pot bombing the government of California.
I GURENTEE THAT THEY USE THIS GUN BUT BACK TO SELL GUNS BACK TO NIGGERS.
>COs sell herion in prisons all across America but guns are a no?. We have every right to shoot them like the second amendment calls for.
>>
>>34720584
>get a thousand in dirty coke money
>buy 800 dollar car or 900 four wheeler
Sell for about that much give of take a bit.
Boom clean cash.
Take sum of cash buy expensive thing sell expensive thing for a little less
Boom clean money
Gift cards are easy and disposeable.
>>
>>34717121
>be nig nog
>murder some foo
>toss gun at next buyback
>police destroy evidence for you
>>
>>34720609
Drug dealer buys mercades
Crack head and other dealers get jelly
Your nigga gibs me dat its mines
Gun fight happens and cops have to do their job
Drug dealer buys hundred dollar gift cards sells for a hundred
Boom there you go
It's all about business killing is bad for it
>>
>>34720584

It's literally how Mexican drug cartels move their money across the border nowadays. What's harder to detect? A bag full of cash or a couple of gift cards in a wallet? Back before retailers caught on, I used to buy gift cards all the time with credit cards and then get cash back. Cash advances with no fee. Cards are re-loadable and you can grab a handful of Visa gift cards and load them with thousands of dollars undetectable to any border patrol agent. PS: In '82, they were still making carbon copies of credit cards which had to be processed not unlike a check. Wasn't feasible to move money like this back then.

>>34720644

>implying they're selling the cards

Sometimes, but there's profit to be had on other hustles. Buy cartons of cigarettes and sell them individually. Send your woman to the store with a bunch of coupons and bring back Tide and other detergents/diapers/ghetto essentials for cheap and then resell them to the hood rats. Detergent and diaper resell is big in the black community; if you don't believe me, check facebook. You can also cut that detergent down (not unlike cocaine) and stretch your money even further.

Also, what many of them do is they'll get the gift cards and then they'll have a front business (like a laundrymat, car wash, etc) and "pay for services" with the gift cards. So according to the financial records and the IRS, your company made 'x' per month but 90% of that income might be funneled drug money. You can do that with cash too, sure, but then you still have liquid cash connected to the drug trade when the cards give you an extra degree of separation.
>>
>>34720735

forgot: i was getting cash back on the credit cards when buying gift cards, so if 'x' company was doing 3-5% or whatever at 'y stores', buy the gift cards from 'y store' get 3-5% free money. Say you gotta card with a $5k limit, that's $250 at 5%. If you got $5k in the bank, you can pay that shit off instantly and then go buy another $5k worth of cars without having to wait to move the first $5k.

>t.blackest white guy on /k/
>>
One more since I'm polite.

>retailer one runs a buy 2, get one free sale (like on video games)
>buy two $59.99 games, get a free $59.99 game
>buy with credit card so cash back
>return games to wal-mart and target (though they keep a track of no-receipts nowadays and you're only allowed so many a year)
>$60 bucks plus your cash back.

But that's really more of a poor college faggot trick.
>>
>>34720778
Many more plz
>>
>>34720882

Not viable anymore but years ago I would max out all of my credit cards ordering one dollar coins from US Mint. back then you could do it with no shipping charges and no CC charges. They don't take CC anymore because of this. Anyway, order coins, they mail you coins, then deposit one dollar coins in bank because they're legal currency. Then repeat process. I could usually do this 2-3 times a month, 8k worth of credit cards, earned right at $125 cash back each time, so that's $375 a month. All it required was about a 10 minute trip to my bank each time, though they started getting pissed off at me but money is money so it's all the same. If I needed spending money, i could use some of the coins too, so there's that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-mint-ends-the-dollar-coin-scam-for-airline-miles-2011-7

I got in early and did it until they quit, and yes, did get one of those letters the article mentioned. No fucks given because I was having coins delivered to my grandparents, my aunt, my mom, me, girlfriends, neighbor lady I cut grass for, etc. I bought a shitload of ammo and guns with that money.

>should have bought bitcoin instead lol
>>
I wish I bookmarked the article I read about tons of people bringing in cheap, broken guns at a buyback in Illinois. The whole thing was just liberals and politicians crying that they're abusing the system and they just want to save dey chilluns.
Also what really gets me was crying that "they're wasting our money!", as if the entire buyback wasn't ready a massive waste in the first place.
>>
>>34720937
That's very impressive lol haha
You on >implying we can discuss weapons on FB?

Do you have any tricks that might work more internationally? Down in Aus some things just don't work so well
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.