[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In 1987, several M-1978s were supplied to Iran, and used

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>In 1987, several M-1978s were supplied to Iran, and used during the Iran–Iraq War. When using rocket-assisted projectiles, a range of almost 60 kilometres (37 mi) could be achieved, making the weapon the world's longest-ranged field artillery piece at the time. Iranian forces used them to carry out long-range harassment fire against Kuwaiti oil fields.[4]

>A number of the Iranian guns were subsequently captured by the Iraqis and placed on public display. At least one of these was recovered by US Marines in 2008 from the campus of the University of Anbar.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koksan_(artillery)

"recovered" my ass

literally took away the country's memory of one of their past wars

i thought burgers didn't loot and destroy the history of the countries that they invaded

pic related, the process of stealing the historical monument of one of the worst wars which iraq had from the campus of the university of anbar
>>
>>34717087
Get over it.
>>
>>34717087
>i thought burgers didn't loot and destroy the history of the countries that they invaded

you are living in the past man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5fZziMWEE
>>
>>34717087

>rusting
>broken track
>bits missing

They weren't really looking after it very well, were they? Further proof that arabs can't be responsible for anything.

It's still just as pertinent a reminder of history wherever it is now, it's just that actual humans are looking after it now.
>>
>>34717087
>i thought burgers didn't loot and destroy the history of the countries that they invaded

kek, what the fuck gave you that idea? 50% of our historical firearms market is looted guns
>>
>>34717087
QQ
>>
>>34717668
this one was a historical monument though
>>
>>34717689
>take piece of military hardware from country you have war with
>have war with another country and they retake that piece of hardware
>go online and bitch about it

Why do you have such an inferiority complex.
>>
>>34717087
You should be grateful we didn't destroy it to "deny enemy resources" like most weapons that modern armies find in insurgency zones.

The better question is: how did modern war stop the proliferation of rape by occupying forces?
>>
>>34717689
At least the leathernecks got to have some fun playing meter-maid with a nork artillary piece for their trouble.

If you care so much about history why don't you go make a thread about all the historical sites ISIS has been blowing up for the past few years; we're busy appropriating your heritage and having a hell of a good time doing it.
>>
>>34717087
Motherfucker we are looting and destroying war monuments in our own cities because niggers are crying.
>>
>>34717724

except originally it was captured as an actual weapon but burgers stole it when it became a historical monument. in principle it's no different than the colonial time looting of the articles of cultural heritage from egypt, syria etc

im not a sandnigger btw, it doesn't mean i like dem looting burgers who also make a sad face when isis destroys the cultural heritage as if they didn't do the same meantime
>>
>>34717727
Professional armies with a culture of accountability and personnel drawn from cultures where battlefield rape is considered unacceptable.

It comes down to the question if the common solider feels he will be reported and punished if he does it. There's always going to be someone that wants to, and the only way to keep it from happening is to make it feel like being That Guy will get you rejected and arrested.
>>
>>34717826
They secured it, not took it and put it on the fucking white house lawn. The gun's still in Iraq being a weird curiosity at a decommissioned USMC base the last I knew.
>>
>>34717087
Of all the historical things we've trashed in various countries, you pick a single fucking rusted artillery piece?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.